2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 DL on the roster, plus 2 picks plus 1 returning from college. 7 of the 15 are DTs, plus 1 pick and 1 returning. Could see another couple ends come in still. 

11 ol  plus I would expect the 2 late picks to be in camp. Could see us adding more OL before full camp. 

9 lbers plus 2 drafted and 1 returning from college. Thats a LOT of lbers, but we can always use more and always carry lots. 

26 dbs on the roster plus the 3 signed today. 0.0 thats a lot lol. I could see a handful getting cut in rookie camp and a bunch more brought in for full camp. 

4 rbs plus 1 drafted and 1 returning. I could see another imp or two coming in, though probably more KR types. RB and QB would be nearly impossible to crack to roster on here. 

22 wrs plus 2 drafted. We never stop adding wrs or dbs. Could see a few more wrs to limit lopsidedness in rookie camp, and again KR types. 

4 qbs plus the 1 from the college program, probably won't see an arm brought in unless some one is hurt or cut early. 

2 kickers and 2 punters. Probably done on that front too. 

5 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Michael chris ike

6'1 225 4.51 40 16 reps 225 35.5" vert 10'2.25" broad 6.71 3 cone 4.19 shuttle. Fastest 3 cone, shuttle and 40 times at the draft. 

https://3downnation.com/2024/04/24/2024-cfl-draft-profiles-rb-michael-chris-ike-hoping-to-earn-starting-job-despite-being-college-backup/

https://nfldraftdiamonds.com/2023/11/michael-chris-ike/

Looks like they found their FB.

For all the discussion about drafting a RB/FB hybrid, if we think of Mike Ike in the core special teams linebacker role (with an elite athletic profile for that and film to back that up) then it could be good value that he could fill that special teams role while also playing 10 snaps a game on offense

Walters said Klercius is also going to be a special teams guy and bring a physical presence to the offense

Those two + adding a big hog like Gabe Wallace and suddenly the Bombers invested big time in fortifying the physicality of an already really physically imposing offense while simultaneously boosting the special teams cover units

Edited by bluedawg

Upon reflection and learning,we got a group of athletes who will give it the old college try at being a pro player in Canada. Kevens Clercius is a cool name. Mike Ike ? I mean if his middle name ain’t start with an N, his parents royally messed up. Sampson. That was the Simpsons fake name when they went into the witness relocation program on the show there. The u of m kid has a fun story. 

10 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Upon reflection and learning,we got a group of athletes who will give it the old college try at being a pro player in Canada. Kevens Clercius is a cool name. Mike Ike ? I mean if his middle name ain’t start with an N, his parents royally messed up. Sampson. That was the Simpsons fake name when they went into the witness relocation program on the show there. The u of m kid has a fun story. 

Nope. Their fake name was Thompson. 

https://simpsons.fandom.com/wiki/The_Thompsons

6 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Dante Mastrogiuseppe

now that is a mouthful.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

14 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

Looks like they found their FB.

I like that signing...Talked to a few peeps familiar with him and rave about his work ethic and ST work...will fit in here realy well with the FIFO thing

The bonus is as a guy coming in to fill the Miller role...as fullback he actually has the skill set and athleticism to be a threat out there and fully expect him to get some usage in that role....guys will need to be aware of him sliding out of the backfield on short yardage plays....he not respected, he could gobble up serious yards on pitches and swing passes...and 2 back sets in goal line area with him and BO together is gonna be a big plus too...Hoping too that Samson can push Thomas to the PR or the pasture...for the amount of reps Jake should get, ne better served with the young Bull....which can put him that much more further ahead in development for 2025...and depending on the defensive ratuio and where we choose to use the 1 starter we need...we may not even need to use a National DT save for just rotation and keeping guys fresh....which I hope is the way we are headed especially with Ford back....and if we actually use the Nationlized Yank option

12 minutes ago, Stickem said:

He's gotta be from a family that owns a Pizza joint

if he can punt the ball...and be consistant with it....I hope that spells the end for the global punter and we will roster a diff global that offers depth and ST usage....

49 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Love how he finishes his blocks, right through the whistle. Punishing style. Love it.

Thats what she said.....

he plays mean....exactly what makes an oline dominant...I actually shocked we got him where we did...I think some other teams scouting departments were asleep at the wheel...Even right out of college he would be the perfect replacement for Eli in the jumbo package..blasting bodies out of the way as he develops...If Dobson can come in and show he can be a legit left gaurd....an interior of Neuuf...Eli and Dobson ..would give us a nasty streak mean interior...and with Wallace coming in for Jumbo packages in Eli's old spot....would be a pile pushing juggernaut