2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

On 2024-04-28 at 3:28 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

There've been some pretty good free agents available the past 2 years but Walters won't pay. Thinks there are priorities elsewhere. I never understood that line of thinking. I'd give up one all star receiver for one all star nose tackle. 

I wouldn't...but I'd give up some aging veteran talent to get one. Not going to name names.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Mike said:

4.96 time on the 40 yard dash … tell me no one’s ever taught you how to run it without telling me 

Do remember #75, Ogbevoen, during the Sunday drills. They had him working middle LB. These two will get there shot on teams. 

I spent time watching the O-Line guys and also in particular the talked about 3 D-Line guys.

Edmonton got a good one with their first pick.

27 minutes ago, camper_2 said:

Do remember #75, Ogbevoen, during the Sunday drills. They had him working middle LB. These two will get there shot on teams. 

I spent time watching the O-Line guys and also in particular the talked about 3 D-Line guys.

Edmonton got a good one with their first pick.

CFL has him listed as a db but he’s a lber, or maybe they think he can pass rush.  

A draft with impact players and we went with low upside teams guys lol. I hope that’s not an indicator for the cis draft later today. Hopefully they got em here so we don’t need to cram teamers onto the roster. 

dean and couch both got passed on in the draft despite no nfl deals seemingly. Either would be real nice for camp. 

34 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

CFL has him listed as a db but he’s a lber, or maybe they think he can pass rush.  

A draft with impact players and we went with low upside teams guys lol. I hope that’s not an indicator for the cis draft later today. Hopefully they got em here so we don’t need to cram teamers onto the roster. 

dean and couch both got passed on in the draft despite no nfl deals seemingly. Either would be real nice for camp. 

seen it 1000 miles away with this management team...hopefully they do a 180 with the Canadian draft....

4 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Who did we pass on in the Global draft who could be a rotational player?

I do agree I am worried we go ST plugs in the draft.

I expect 1 OL, 1 DL and a bunch of jobber “linebackers”. 
I’m hoping for more but that’s been their track record for Canadian drafting for years now. 
Walters usually signs impact Canadians as FA’s or supplemental, rarely through the draft. 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

I fully expect us in the draft to grab a legit guy with our first pick....possibly the second but fear they won't necessarily be dire need picks....with the remainder i assume we will see...but hope we don't a succesion of why?....could have gotten later in draft....serves no need/zero potential with the balance....hope I am wrong but not holding my breath yet again....with the abundance of picks I am sure this yr we could pick guys with serious rotational potential...even starter material with bulk of the picks, and then with those extra picks we have grab those slugs we love so much, as I am sure they are not targeted by anyone but us in the first 4 rounds...if at all

28 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Julius Welschof, DE from Michigan, could be a starter at some point, but it may take a long time for him to get up here since he signed as UDFA with the Steelers. Also, in the next 3 or four years, we are going to start seeing some really talented Europeans and global players. Brandon Collier's recruits he has brought over to NCAA schools are just starting to graduate.

36 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

The 3 dl and the lber that went between our picks. The dl all have nfl deals/camp invites. 
 Maybe it was about who would be here in camp this year. 

13 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

The 3 dl and the lber that went between our picks. The dl all have nfl deals/camp invites. 
 Maybe it was about who would be here in camp this year. 

Could be a matter of who is willing to come play in Canada for chicken scratch under the Global player designation.

21 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Could be a matter of who is willing to come play in Canada for chicken scratch under the Global player designation.

Less than chicken scratch. If any new Global sticks around it would probably be on the practice roster. 

Only need to roster 1 Global and that position will probably be used for the punter.

You can roster a second Global but the question is would he be a better option than the Canadian he would be replacing.

3 hours ago, camper_2 said:

Both were here in Wpg @ the combine in Mar.

Prospect                  #             Pos                                                 Height       Weigh      Bench    40          Ver      Broad       3-cone     Shuttle

WEITZ, Fabian           76             LB    Cologne Centurions (ELF)    5' 10 7/8"      228          17       4.77        32      9' 3 5/8"      7.07         4.59

OGBEVOEN, Lucky 75          LB Raiders Tirol (ELF)            6' 2 3/8"   233     10   4.96    32 9' 5 1/4" 7.33      4.58

Was that just a coincidence or a convenience?  Saved money on the scouting budget anyhow!

14 minutes ago, Mike said:

Global players

impact players

pick one lol all this talk about these guys like we have MBB posters scouting the German leagues for talent

we know nothing about 99% of these guys and we’re talking about how we passed on impact players 

Beat global player was probably Hansen and he topped out at a special teamer and eventually became a rotational piece. Not gonna fret about this at all

9 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Was that just a coincidence or a convenience?  Saved money on the scouting budget anyhow!

My guess in that this was far less than a coincidence. They probably talked to a bunch of these guys to gauge interest, these are the guys that said we'll come play, we brought them in for a looky loo and then drafted them. So many posters here forget that finding talent is only part of the battle for recruitment, we get turned down by legit talent all the time. Our pay scale and location on the globe makes identifying talent only part of the equation, getting them here is just as tough as finding them. I get that some of the guys we passed on were getting legit NFL looks....they probably didn't want to come North is why we passed on them.

16 minutes ago, Mike said:

Global players

impact players

pick one lol all this talk about these guys like we have MBB posters scouting the German leagues for talent

we know nothing about 99% of these guys and we’re talking about how we passed on impact players 

True. Never heard of a single one of them and probably won't recognize their names after years in the league because they will toil in obscurity for the most part. 

Edited by GCn20

1 hour ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I expect 1 OL, 1 DL and a bunch of jobber “linebackers”. 
I’m hoping for more but that’s been their track record for Canadian drafting for years now. 
Walters usually signs impact Canadians as FA’s or supplemental, rarely through the draft. 

Sorry when you always finish first in the league AND the draft is a crapshoot of who will actually show up to play on your team of course we sign more free agent impact Canadian players, but when we were a weak team Walters drafted impact Canadian players as well as any CFL GM.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Global players

impact players

Where do I apply to become MBB Scout of German Football? What does it pay? Do I get to live in Europe? 

2 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Where do I apply to become MBB Scout of German Football? What does it pay? Do I get to live in Europe? 

Not to mention the fact you could use this title to your advantage to impress the locals when they ask you what they hell you're doing there. Cuz as soon as you say football they aren't thinking North American football but European football. Just don't let them know what MBB stands for. 

2 hours ago, GCn20 said:

As of this year they make the same scale. But they have the most incentives to stick it out with the nfl. 

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Global players

impact players

about half or so, yeah. The other half played in the ncaa most recently. 

42 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Dibs on Hawaii and the South Pacific!  

51 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

NFL taking all the Globals too.

Should make a deal with them where they can loan guys over so they get to play and not sit on PR down there.

Have the IPP lead to the global draft. It’d be super easy and work great for both sides. 

3 hours ago, bb1 said:

Sorry when you always finish first in the league AND the draft is a crapshoot of who will actually show up to play on your team of course we sign more free agent impact Canadian players, but when we were a weak team Walters drafted impact Canadian players as well as any CFL GM.

Aside from that godawful 1st overall in 2016 or 17. Ekkakite (sp) 

Walters had a great draft the year they took Loffler in the 4th round