2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

We’ve done very well with other teams reclamation ol. Bond and hardrick were both off casts. I would not at all be surprised to see us bring in a similar back up imp from around the league. Maybe even bring back one of our former pr guys who’ve been around the league. 
 We had a couple tackles on the pr last year with high upside wouldn’t be surprised if one or more corn back. 

Could pick up former Bomber OT Eric Lofton if Gray isn't resigned, he would be a cheap acquisition and played in a few games last season for the Riders and one entire game for the Bombers in 2022.

Edited by Fatty Liver

5 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Maybe that’s been the delay!

Wouldn’t surprise me at all. I think his importance just went up significantly. 

5 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Could pick up former Bomber OT Eric Lofton if Gray isn't resigned, he would be a cheap acquisition and played in a few games last season for the Riders and one entire game for the Bombers in 2022.

Nah.

******* busy day at the office (actually had a Manitoba musician out here on a radio tour and was in studio for more than an hour...) so I'm just getting caught up on this. 

-as was mentioned by someone, Schoen taking a MASSIVE discount to stay in Winnipeg makes the Brady contract a LOT more palatable

-Thanks to the Bombers for reading my stupid tweets

-Kyle Walters once again, takes all other teams out to the porch and long-***** 'em for a dollar. When will they learn? 

24 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

He was beyond brutal last year.

2 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

I’m assuming it’s health related for Richmond. 

Or he might have been told he's not in the mix for a starting OT spot and decided to hang them up.

4 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

So weird. Dude spent like 5 years as mostly a PR player and when he’s finally about to get his chance he retires. 

bad knee injury that he was recovering from... wonder if the offseason training didn't respond properly? 

6 hours ago, Booch said:

I wasn't expecting it either...Obviously tho he came to his senses and realized his value out there just isn't the big money at his position, and being local here he has ability for way more off the field income

If its over 180k tho....not happy about that

OK- did someone take a haircut to make this happen?

• Mike changed the title to 2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)
5 hours ago, Mr. Perfect said:

IF it comes down to losing Schoen to keep Brady, I am 110% okay with that.

Ignoring being from Winnipeg - We're talking about the best player at his position AND counting as a National, AND handling the ball typically 15-20 times a game, occasionally sometimes more.

As the weather turns, running the ball gets increasingly important, while Schoen, is at a position where we already have great talent, is usually the easiest position to find new, American talent, and only handles the ball a few times a game.

Don't get me wrong - I love Schoen. He's a gritty SOB and among the best at his position too...but given the above, if forced to choose (and hopefully we don't have to), I'm keeping Brady every day of the week and twice on Sundays. It's not particularly close for me whatsoever.

We start the season so early now that the GC is wrapped up mid November. There might be the odd year where it's minus 25 with a foot of snow on the ground but that'll be the exception & not the rule. So, teams can still load up on the passing game rather than buckle down for a frozen field & frigid temps. My point is the run game is important in the playoffs but it isn't as important as it used to be. 

2 hours ago, Mike said:

I agree too and as much as I’d love to see Bailey back, I also want to see him make his money and go somewhere he can be a second option. He’s capable enough to do it, I just don’t think we can give him what he deserves.

Bailey is a loyal "foot soldier" as a receiver. A complete player & does whatever he is asked to do. I hope we can keep him. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Maybe, won’t know better till later in the off season the bonus money counts against their bonus cap this year either way

Come on man, you’re better than this. There’s no maybe, Hardrick isn’t getting 350k to play football this year. The bonus is never over the value of the contract, they’ve literally never reported it that way.