2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

are you kidding? I want the ticats in the grey cup game so we can win some again. 

seriously, bombers and beating the ticats in the grey cup, name a more iconic duo.

I meant in the game. Ticats are always welcome opponents in the Grey Cup. 

8 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

https://3downnation.com/2024/01/17/winnipeg-blue-bombers-replacing-turf-at-ig-field/

I doubt it because of the university but I’d love to see blue endzones again

I cant see it happening since they are installing FIFA sanctioned turf.

That would be similar to how the Mosiac Field has their football lines stiched in the turf so the cant host FIFA matches.

53 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I seem to recall Booch or someone talking about how the Bombers really needed to get this done, as the existing turf was really starting to show its age...

I know I’ve been bringing it up for years. It is an embarrassment- and partially because of that dumb **** NFL promoter. 

26 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

https://3downnation.com/2024/01/17/winnipeg-blue-bombers-replacing-turf-at-ig-field/

I doubt it because of the university but I’d love to see blue endzones again

Gross

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

I seem to recall Booch or someone talking about how the Bombers really needed to get this done, as the existing turf was really starting to show its age...

Considering the cost of that stuff, I'm surprised it needs to be replaced this soon.

4 hours ago, Noeller said:

interesting that Stan took a cut.........

The best Left Tackle in the league & the guy who makes it possible for our hometown boy Brady to rush for 1,500 yards takes a paycut to help sign the young running back he blocks for. The sure fire Hall of Famer understands the business while the young running back doesn't. Who's the better teammate? Really disappointed in Oliveira's tweet.

49 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Considering the cost of that stuff, I'm surprised it needs to be replaced this soon.

After the Oakland Raiders-Green Bay fiasco in 2018 with the field & moving the goalposts, I wonder if they'll do something with the goalposts so if an NFL exhibition game is ever played again they can move the goalposts without tearing up the field. Winnipeg is in Vikings territory so they could play a game up here.

5 hours ago, Mike said:

Not surprised at all that Bryant took a pay cut. They’re letting the players spin this as a sign of goodwill but the reality is he earned a pay cut.

You don't think if he went to the open market that the Riders or any other team wouldn't over pay for him on a one year deal?

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

You don't think if he went to the open market that the Riders or any other team wouldn't over pay for him on a one year deal?

Ol market is crazy. Riders love to over pay vets to try and save their line, but all kinds of teams lose their mind paying top guys. Any thing is possible, the east division runner ups for most of Bryant’s reign were over the hill gang guys too. 

6 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

I cant see it happening since they are installing FIFA sanctioned turf.

That would be similar to how the Mosiac Field has their football lines stiched in the turf so the cant host FIFA matches.

The endzones could still be blue because the soccer pitch fits between the goal lines at 110 yards.

6 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The best Left Tackle in the league & the guy who makes it possible for our hometown boy Brady to rush for 1,500 yards takes a paycut to help sign the young running back he blocks for. The sure fire Hall of Famer understands the business while the young running back doesn't. Who's the better teammate? Really disappointed in Oliveira's tweet.

Stanley Bryant is making 'slightly less' than his 2023 salary which was reportedly $190k and will be 38 when the season starts. He's been in the league what... 14 years now? 

Oliveira is coming off pretty much an MOP season, making $115k in 2023. As a 26 year old running back, the nature of the game is likely he has this and one more decent contract left in his career. The drop off for Running Backs as they approach 30 is huge. Dude needs to get the bag.

16 hours ago, Mike said:

Not surprised at all that Bryant took a pay cut. They’re letting the players spin this as a sign of goodwill but the reality is he earned a pay cut.

Yep...I agree. He's at that age and risk of declining play where taking less is even in his best interest.