2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

45 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Talking about money and seeing a handfull of QBs around the league restructuring their deals, is there any chance Zach does so as well? 

Shaving 100k off Zach's contract would definitely help bring some of the other guys back.

The QBs in question are terrible and renegotiating so they aren't cut outright,

Zach equaled the performance that got him the contract in the first place. 

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not going to get worked up over the Oliviera/ Shoen opera until the dust settles. Walters has shown himself to be very good in finding and trading for talent and juggling the books. He has my trust and what will happen will happen. Some things just pop up with no forewarning, so life is what happens to you while you are making plans. Sempre avanti!

10 minutes ago, Mike said:

Streveler in negotiations to return to the CFL and the Bombers appear to be the front runners, as per Jeff Hamilton

Man that’d be fantastic. 
 It’s interesting to me how brown seems ready and in line for a shot, but no one seems to be interested in going after him. As If every one thinks they will lose the spree and are just moving on. At this point edm, ssk, bc, wpg, ham, ott, mtl, and tor are locked in at starting qb. Calgary is 90% in too. Half the teams are locked in at back up qb with now strevy coming back too. 
 At this rate brown is going to be looking at another back up spot. If I was him I’d look for a 1 year deal at a decent rate maybe with incentives and hope next year people move on from the ancient decrepit husks of QBs like blm. 

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Streveler in negotiations to return to the CFL and the Bombers appear to be the front runners, as per Jeff Hamilton

For a club that's paying ZC $600k and therefore tight in the QB $$ envelope - I don't see how Strevy would be any more affordable than Dru Brown. Both would want starters money. 

7 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

For a club that's paying ZC $600k and therefore tight in the QB $$ envelope - I don't see how Strevy would be any more affordable than Dru Brown. Both would want starters money. 

Are other teams going to bank on Strev being an every down quarterback? Dru Brown would be a much more likely bet, but even with that I don't think Brown is getting starters money. He just wants a shot at the position

11 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Also signing Strev essentially means no Prukop and probably a rook at QB3

And, I'm okay with this. 

I like Prokup. He's more valuable than Augustine to me. He gets those tough, short yards better than anyone else. And, he's always a risk to throe a pass. 

Now, who catches that pass is not always a Bomber. 

I'll take Strev, a real throwing threat over Prokup. 

3 minutes ago, JCon said:

And, I'm okay with this. 

I like Prokup. He's more valuable than Augustine to me.

I like Johnny Augustine. Bring in Jeshrun Antwi and you've got the 2 Canuck RB formula for the ratio. Then maybe you've got money in the QB envelope for quarterback 1a.

U could put Zach and Stev on the field some plays. 

29 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

I like Johnny Augustine. Bring in Jeshrun Antwi and you've got the 2 Canuck RB formula for the ratio. Then maybe you've got money in the QB envelope for quarterback 1a.

We got more Canadian starters than we need so nah. Go Yankee at Rb if no Brady 

People will think I'm nuts for saying this, but I personally think strev adds more value to the offense than shoen or BO.

For those concerned about zacks play this year, strev adds a true wrinkle to the offense that makes it unpredictable.  One has to assume his passing has improved floating around the nfl the past couple of years.

Take Zack out of the game when he gets his forced ball glasses on. Put strev in the game and put the defence back on its heals.

Plus, the dudes a ****** legend. I'd love to have him back 

Brown better be careful playing the cfl qb game of musical chairs.. he could end up in a bad situation 

Edited by CodyT

6 hours ago, Mike said:

5 hours ago, bigg jay said:

boner.gif

LOL I was going to post the exact same GIF

Imagine if the Blue were to cut Zach outright and sign Strev + Brown?

30 minutes ago, Brandon said:

LOL I was going to post the exact same GIF

Imagine if the Blue were to cut Zach outright and sign Strev + Brown?

I wouldn't be happy about that. I'd rather keep Zack atleast another year..

God we forget very quickly what its like to be gambling at the qb position.