2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

23 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Except for those times he doesn't get rid of the ball. He uses his legs to move around the pocket so it's not like he's late stage calvillo, teams are just not letting him escape like he used to. Which is where actually running for some yards would help. He wants to pass, someone needs to tell him sometimes running helps the passing long term.

Agreed on the threat-to-run but it doesn't take that much hesitation and indecision for a good quarterback to turn into a mediocre one.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2023-11-25 at 12:19 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

No, check out Farhan Lalji & Dave Naylor's discussion on TSN during GC week. It isn't pretty & not all 3 will be back. In the meantime, work to sign veteran free agents has already started with other CFL teams but not us. There's no one there who can do the work, according to Naylor & Lalji. So. I didn't make it up. The info comes from TSN. 

Listen to sources. 

Ton of time left to sign pending FAs. Good gravy it's November.

On 2023-11-25 at 1:35 PM, 17to85 said:

Except for those times he doesn't get rid of the ball. He uses his legs to move around the pocket so it's not like he's late stage calvillo, teams are just not letting him escape like he used to. Which is where actually running for some yards would help. He wants to pass, someone needs to tell him sometimes running helps the passing long term.

Just a matter of a QB trying to do too much sometimes. Easily correctable.

Edited by GCn20

4 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Ton of time left to sign pending FAs. Good gravy it's November.

Just a matter of a QB trying to do too much sometimes. Easily correctable.

Exactly. Every year they come out with these huge “FA” lists the day after the Grey cup like 70% of those guys aren’t going to re-sign by February. 

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

For sure. A couple years ago we had like 35 FA's after the season and by February we were down to 6.

Each team can only slice the pie so many ways

The vast majority of these guys will not make much more money signing elsewhere

And going to a non-contender = lost playoff $$

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

Each team can only slice the pie so many ways

The vast majority of these guys will not make much more money signing elsewhere

And going to a non-contender = lost playoff $$

Despite a lot of people thinking we are somehow not attractive anymore and our team is falling apart, basically every marquee guy interviewed stated they want to be back,

11 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I don't bother looking at the FA lists until a week before the end of FA season. Most of them will be re-signed by their own clubs. 

Exactly. The ones who aren't are the break out guys that are gonna get HUGE raises because they are now top tier players or players we are willing to risk to FA.  No team let's their reasonable priced high end talent walk out the door if they can avoid it.

4 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

I don't bother looking at the FA lists until a week before the end of FA season. Most of them will be re-signed by their own clubs. 

yup...all ado about nothing right now....some deals are already in the books...have been a while

10 minutes ago, Jesse said:

He did it. That crazy son of a ***** actually did it. 

Sources say the management team will all be making league minimum, as their salaries are being offset by a generous donation from previously unknown local business man "Made Willer".

Edited by Super Duper Negatron

Not only did he stay, he must have taken a bit of a shave. Because MOS reportedly got a hefty raise and they didn't cut one of the assistants the way I thought they'd need to in order to fit a Walters extension.

1 minute ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

I’m glad the Walters news is finally out. I knew weeks ago it was going to happen but couldn’t say anything lol. Kyle does NOT want to go anywhere. If he’s not with the Bombers he likely steps away from football. I didn’t know about the other 2 which is great news! 

Everyone did except JBR. What an idiot.