Call it what you want … you need to move on from Collaros

Mike

Not to just crap all over everything, but a legitimate question. 
Did Walters not make a single move or signing all season post-TC?  Did he and the front office do anything at all? 

Who’s the last impact player they’ve scouted? Dee Alford? Cole? 

Something’s definitely weird in the organization and has been trending that way over a year now.
Was Ringmaiden a bigger loss than we’d thought? 

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

So if that's the case why the **** wasn't he already starting?

But he still is,  for unexplained reasons Hall didn't challenge him at all. Fajardo is a one read and throw or tuck and run qb. Why did Hall do his one read defense? Played into the hands of a limited qb.

Osh and his blind loyalty to his favs and his penchant for rewarding, as opposed to earning...plain and simple

32 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Not to just crap all over everything, but a legitimate question. 
Did Walters not make a single move or signing all season post-TC?  Did he and the front office do anything at all? 

Who’s the last impact player they’ve scouted? Dee Alford? Cole? 

Something’s definitely weird in the organization and has been trending that way over a year now.
Was Ringmaiden a bigger loss than we’d thought? 

Cole was actually a EDM foolish cut we scoped up

But really we didnt do anything until we flushed our PR and then grabbed Ambles...There been some talk that Osh was pulling most the strings this yr, for some reason, and it showed...He stuck with some  "his" guys and we didnt do anything to address any issues all year...Returner...End...DT....and some of us even commented it's been awfully quiet on the GM front and player issues all yr, and truthfully if Osh is gonna continue to have a strong say, or be "the" say in who we bring in...keep...roster...we are hooped.....feel free to flame away on that comment but you just saw the end result of him not having to answer to anyone this yr...and it was epic flop...fail

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

Cole was actually a EDM foolish cut we scoped up

But really we didnt do anything until we flushed our PR and then grabbed Ambles...There been some talk that Osh was pulling most the strings this yr, for some reason, and it showed...He stuck with some  "his" guys and we didnt do anything to address any issues all year...Returner...End...DT....and some of us even commented it's been awfully quiet on the GM front and player issues all yr, and truthfully if Osh is gonna continue to have a strong say, or be "the" say in who we bring in...keep...roster...we are hooped.....feel free to flame away on that comment but you just saw the end result of him not having to answer to anyone this yr...and it was epic flop...fail

Epic flop...fail? Jeezus give the hyperbole a rest. We were a better game plan away from our 3rd Grey Cup in 4 years. I am as unhappy about yesterday's result as anyone but calling this year an epic flop seems nonsensical to me. We had a great year...just came up an inch short.

3 hours ago, White Out said:

I still can't believe that 3rd and 5. ****. 

Oh yeah, a **** qb made that throw. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

If O’Shea had his way, they’d have been trotting out Drew Willy well into 2017. Remember that. 

If MOS stays & is the man in charge then expect things to continue next season like they did this season. 

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

We had a great year...just came up an inch short.

Toronto had a great year.

Interesting how that inch defines who's name gets etch on the Cup and thus be immortalized. 

You have to be concerned though... familiar lead up to an epic finish yet two GCs loss in very similar fashion- a pattern is emerging. 

the edge the 2019 iteration of this team had- has dulled, blunted if you will.  Can that be restored through FA, draft picks and roster management, possibly- but there is something that is still missing. 

Unpopular take:

Trashing Fajardo is a very bad look right now.

He came in as a massive underdog. Rallied his team around him in classic "us against the world and F them anyway because they all hate us" fashion. He went 81%, 290 3&1. With everything on the line, he rushed 13 yards on 2nd and a mile. On 3rd and 5 he went for 31 and followed that with a GC winning score for 19 yards on the next play.

Bash him all you want, but you can never say that he didn't execute the epic dream of any kid who ever picks up a football to the letter.

1 minute ago, bluto said:

Unpopular take:

He came in as a massive underdog. Rallied his team around him in classic "us against the world and F them anyway because they all hate us" fashion. He went 81%, 290 3&1. With everything on the line, he rushed 13 yards on 2nd and a mile. On 3rd and 5 he went for 31 and followed that with a GC winning score for 19 yards on the next play.

Bash him all you want, but you can never say that he didn't execute the epic dream of any kid who ever picks up a football to the letter.

Cody Faj did exactly what we allowed him to do. Full credit to him for doing so.

31 minutes ago, bluto said:

Unpopular take:

I give him credit for the game he played - but it doesn't change his career up to this point or what you can expect from him in the future. 

42 minutes ago, bluto said:

No it's not, he's the same quarterback he has always been.  Make him think he will beat himself. Unfortunately Ritchie Halls default is very easy to read blitzes. If we had simply gone with the same defense that we used in the West final we could have seen the same result. Massive fail by the coaches of the Bombers. 

4 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

No it's not, he's the same quarterback he has always been.  Make him think he will beat himself. Unfortunately Ritchie Halls default is very easy to read blitzes. If we had simply gone with the same defense that we used in the West final we could have seen the same result. Massive fail by the coaches of the Bombers. 

You make it sound like Montreal didn't make adjustments. They had a week to do it, and they did.

Man, I was listening to some post game coverage yesterday.

Zach mentioned that bailey was playing through a hamstring tear. Schoen was obviously limited. Demski hadn't been able to practice in weeks.

Just had a full receiving core full of limping, half-speed bodies. No wonder Zach couldn't find anyone.

4 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Zach mentioned that bailey was playing through a hamstring tear. Schoen was obviously limited. Demski hadn't been able to practice in weeks.

Just had a full receiving core full of limping, half-speed bodies. No wonder Zach couldn't find anyone.

If only we had capable backups the coaches were willing to play instead!

We literally tried to "Weekend At Biggie's" our way through a Grey Cup.

Edited by Super Duper Negatron

11 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Yea...the injury bug bit us at the worst possible time on offence, and it was a huge factor and not humanly reasonable to expect Kyle or MOS to do anything about it at that point. We limped into Hamilton and limped out. 

8 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

If only we had capable backups the coaches were willing to play instead!

We literally tried to "Weekend At Biggie's" our way through a Grey Cup.

Where pray tell do we find 2 high level IMP receivers and a great NAT receiver in the last couple weeks of the season and have them well versed in our offence and chemistry with our QB. C'mon....you guys are letting your emotions get the best of you. If these guys had all been down since Labor Day...maybe you can get guys ready in time but realistically when 60% of your receiving corps is down in the final couple games you are hooped.

16 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Yea...for sure. It's why I think the criticism of his play is a little unfounded. He tried to get out there and scramble and make things happen but guys were just not at 100 and able to get to the open areas. It was just awful timing for us on the injury front.

I don't buy the injury bug.  So they are hurt.  Still doesn't stop you from running 10 yards to make a play.  If the ball has some zip then Montreal doesn't have a play on the ball or worst case they draw a PI.  Brady was healthy and could be a receiver.  Was McRea dressed?  Grant could have also been a receiver.

16 minutes ago, BaconNBigBlue said:

I don't buy the injury bug.  So they are hurt.  Still doesn't stop you from running 10 yards to make a play.  If the ball has some zip then Montreal doesn't have a play on the ball or worst case they draw a PI.  Brady was healthy and could be a receiver.  Was McRea dressed?  Grant could have also been a receiver.

Talking about injuries on offence not defence. No one is giving the D a free pass. You take Bailey, Schoen, and Demski out of your lineup and replace the with a healthy McCrae, Grant, and BOLO and things wouldn't have gone much better and that's not a knock on those 3 guys. That is just an enormous hill to climb. Brady was being spied all game long coming out of the back field. We tried moving him into the flats quite a bit if you watch the replay, they covered him well....and yes, and injury can definitely prevent you from making play. That's kind of exactly what happened actually. Look when a receiver is unable to make certain cuts, or run certain routes, DBs figure that out really quickly and it gives them a big advantage. The kind of advantage that results in interceptions if Zac tries to push the issue.

Where Buck's game plan really sucked was in not stretching the field sideline to sideline and that is where the usage of Grant and McCrae could have benefitted us the most. Might have given our banged up guys a bit more space to operate, and when you have an LBI you need that room. At the end of the day though, 3 red zone turnovers took points of the board. BO's fumble and 2 INTs. We clean that up and we would have hung 35 on them. We actually drove the ball decently considering.

Edited by GCn20

21 minutes ago, Jesse said:

This would make me want to dial back my criticism of Zach from this particular game for sure. 

I’m still convinced they need to go with Dru Brown moving forward. 

I have no doubt we were banged up at receiver but we had guys we could have used instead.  Did BOLO even see the field?  Ambles was brought in for this exact scenario and wasn't dressed.  Grant started the game at receiver but I didn't notice him there after that.  The options were there and we chose not to use them.  

The decision to let these all these guys play in their condition was a failure of the coaching staff and the players themselves.