Call it what you want … you need to move on from Collaros

Mike

4 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I didn't notice any difference in the offense with Brown running it vs. Collaros, and in some cases he ran it better (vs. Edmonton for example)

at 35 going on 36 Collaros is not a sure bet to maintain his play which is already slipping. 

Very small sample size for Brown. Collaros would have probably found a way to beat the Elks as well. Tough start but he usually makes a come back. Time will tell about Brown. I'm on the fence but would like to keep him around.

Personally, i thought one big gaffe that has largely gone unnoticed was O Shea not challenging that 'incomplete pass'

Sure, Als were in 3rd down thereafter but that allowed them to punt instead of us getting the ball closer to midfield.

Thoughts? Anyone else felt that was a fumble?

Just now, Blue In BC said:

Collaros would have probably found a way to beat the Elks as well.

are we sure about that though? last year, the year before absolutely believe that... but this year he didn't show the ability to get back into it. BC in the first game, labour day, probably some others I'm not remembering but he had a hell of a time shaking things off like he has in the past this year. 

Just now, Eternal optimist said:

Personally, i thought one big gaffe that has largely gone unnoticed was O Shea not challenging that 'incomplete pass'

Sure, Als were in 3rd down thereafter but that allowed them to punt instead of us getting the ball closer to midfield.

1. It was a fumble.

2. Their horrid punter shanked it out of bounds and we weren't much worse off.

The real problem was doing nothing with it.

1 minute ago, Eternal optimist said:

He tucked the ball and turned upfield, to me it was 100% a fumble. However the command centre over turning that was probably too iffy. 

10 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I didn't notice any difference in the offense with Brown running it vs. Collaros, and in some cases he ran it better (vs. Edmonton for example)

at 35 going on 36 Collaros is not a sure bet to maintain his play which is already slipping. 

When you use Edmonton as an example, you've already lost the argument. 

16 hours ago, Mike said:

People are going to finally see what I (and others) have been seeing with O’Shea for quite some time.

He is an insanely capable motivator of men. He is not a guy I want responsible for much more than that at this point.

I always think back to when he refused to bench that terrible MLB who committed 3 egregious penalties a game (Kuale).. and I knew from that point in I’d never want MOS as the guy making decisions 

I posted last night confused why MOS didn't throw a challenge flag and what the hell do our spotters do and was told by a few that it wouldn't have mattered as we got the ball back in similar field position from their botched kick.

However. MOS doesn't have a crystal ball to know he's eventually going to get the ball back with similar field position, second, he's got to throw that challenge flag even to get a second look and third if it is indeed overturned we have tremendous MO on our side (both on O and D) that could have helped lead to a score. Won't know though cuz no f'ng challenge flag was thrown. 

2 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I posted last night confused why MOS didn't throw a challenge flag and what the hell do our spotters do and was told by a few that it wouldn't have mattered as we got the ball back in similar field position from their botched kick.

However. MOS doesn't have a crystal ball to know he's eventually going to get the ball back with similar field position, second, he's got to throw that challenge flag even to get a second look and third if it is indeed overturned we have tremendous MO on our side (both on O and D) that could have helped lead to a score. Won't know though cuz no f'ng challenge flag was thrown. 

If anything challenging and winning probably gains you an extra 45 seconds of time at the end so maybe it did play a role but don't think we were winning the challenge honestly 

Edited by Goalie

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

If anything challenging and winning probably gains you an extra 45 seconds of time at the end so maybe it did play a role but don't think we were winning the challenge honestly 

Not what I saw though they only showed the replay once or twice. Slowing it down it looked like the receiver caught the ball and turned upfield.

Bigger issue which was raised by a few during the game yesterday was TSN not showing F'ing replays on penalties, significant plays and such.

As I believe @JuranBoldenRules put it, the game was an annoyance to TSN last night.  

I reacted with "sad" a lot in this thread... for those posts I reacted to, if you're wonder why... it's not that you're comment was sad or that I disagreed... it's actually the opposite... it's that I agree but it's sad/disappointing/frustrating that it is coming to this (this was easier that quoting like 15 posts)...

It is really the end for Zach as a Bomber?... probably not... but it's becoming very hard to overlook the playoff statistics..

I never truly wanted to believe that O'Shea was hampering the roster with some of his decisions... but playing a clearly injured Bighill was irresponsible... and then the amount of reps that Gauthier was getting in his place... was goddamn mindboggling... Clements and/or Cole should've been getting those reps... you don't rely on a career special teamer to play MLB in the biggest game of the year

The defense just didn't look right all night... they made a few plays here and there but generally got worked over by Cody Fajardo... like, that sentence doesn't even make sense... Cody ******* Fajardo ... how the top D in the league got worked over by a below average QB... in the biggest game of the year... just doesn't sit right

Changes need to be made... Biggie has been a great leader and monumental player over the past 4 seasons... but he is completely done now... ready to move on... not sure who else is definitively done (probably Thomas) ... but I hope our management team makes the right moves and says good bye to a few of the aging vets this offseason

No matter what happens this offseason... I still think the Bombers are the team to beat in the west... we just have to find a way to not lay an egg in the biggest game of the year 

20 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

he got blocked at the LOS, it was houston had a shot at the tackle and whiffed. 

hey I posted earlier in the season asking if the time was right to move Collaros out to go with Brown. So it's not a knee jerk to this one game. 

They are not going to be in a hurry to replace the QB who had the best numbers - the second best record - and has gone to 4 straight Cups. 

In a perfect world Dru Brown comes back on a one year deal and we kicked this problem a year down the road. It means me remain competitive while tweaking the roster - and it gives Dru Brown a path to staying here and taking over. 

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

are people in the league who think Kola is a great C,

I think Chris Walby does.  Brady yards indicate good o line..

re rose..... how well did he play this season, anyone remember? My memory isnt great, but I remember him not being that good. 

d backfield has been really up and down this season. 

seems like the newer guys are just not as good as those they replaced. 

( one guy gone to NFL, how to replace him?)

but ......how did the D go from what they did v. Adams and B.C. 

to this mess?  game on the line, second and twenty something, and,let a running qb escape to the outside?

just pathetic. horrible.

Has to be the scheme, cause it's the same players.

and... Maas and thorpe did a better job than our guys.

and danny added guys that we could have used. 

also, face the fact. 

Faj played well. probably was the best game of his career. he made passes I have never seen him make.

reminds me of that grey cup, the shitty qb came in and the game of his life. 

we cant ever make fun of faj again.

Edited by Mark F

If anyone wants to envision what pure hell could look like, imagine us going to the Grey Cup again next year and losing in Vancouver. The Buffalo comparisons will be unbearable. 

I'm not sure what would be worse, the 29-year drought or losing four straight Grey Cups. And the fourth one would be at home in Winnipeg. I realize I'm jumping a lot of steps here but if any team could do this to their fans why not ours 

Edited by White Out

5 minutes ago, White Out said:

If anyone wants to envision what pure hell could look like, imagine us going to the Grey Cup again next year and losing in Vancouver. The Buffalo comparisons will be unbearable. 

I'm not sure what would be worse, the 29-year drought or losing four straight Grey Cups. And the fourth one would be at home in Winnipeg. I realize I'm jumping a lot of steps here but if any team could do this to their fans why not ours 

Didn't Calvillo go to 8 Grey Cups in 10 years, and only win 3 of them?

Are we so spoiled as to be dissappointed with consistently being in the GC? I know we obviously want to win, but you can honestly say this year wasnt fun

A good season is like good sex...it's kind of a waste of time if you don't finish.

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

Here we go running QBs out of town again. 

The defence cost us this game. Parker in particular was terrible. We had them in 2nd and 18 that should have been lights out. 

I've said what I said about Zach and I'm fine with it..... but this is really true. When we sacked Faj to get to 2nd and 18, that should have been the end of it. The fact that we let them not only get out of that 2nd and 18 but score a major from it? That's ******* embarrassing for our entire defense and if not for that, we'd be having WAY different conversations today.