Grey Cup Party Menu Thead

GCJenks

7 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I can't stand GC parties. I just want to watch the game. In fact, I sent my wife to a GC party without me once. Yah, just the once. 

If it was just me and my friends, it would be great.

Unfortunately, we all had to go out and get married and have kids and it just ruins the whole thing.

2 hours ago, GCn20 said:

2019 and 2021 I had small gatherings of a few friends. Last year I invited another couple to join my regular group and we lost. They are not allowed back. They are the bad luck guys. Although they did bring a sensational platter of home made pastrami fresh off the smoker, along some excellent swiss, fermented sauerkraut, KUB bread, spicy mustard and even the George Foreman for grilling up reubens. 

Hell, maybe I will invite them back and just have them saged before the game by an elder. They are big Bomber fans so I am sure they will understand the need to do so.

They could have brought Manna from heaven served by 75 virgins. They are not to be allowed back!

11 minutes ago, Goalie said:

My Grey cup parties usually involve cocaine and whiskey  but this year tho it's just gonna be and my youngster so nachos and wings probably.  

Ps: for some reason coke auto corrected to cocaine

Damn cocaine bear 

d46202851bd5382acfb86015b998df8d932952df

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy

33 minutes ago, Jesse said:

If it was just me and my friends, it would be great.

Unfortunately, we all had to go out and get married and have kids and it just ruins the whole thing.

Just bring the kids into the fold and indoctrinate them into the Bomber culture and it gets a lot easier.  My 9 year daughter started a BC Sucks chant last game... I am so proud of her. 

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy

7 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Just bring the kids into the fold and indoctrinate them into the Bomber culture and it gets a lot easier.  My 9 year daughter started a BC Sucks chant last game... I am so proud of her. 

The ultimate goal of course, but right now is just a gaggle of toddlers who are all too needy at the worst possible times.

If I am not at it....I do it solo...maybe with one my kids.....But I don't need to have a party or attend one...I watch games different than most will, and it's not conducive to a group setting unless a very like minded person...My wife isn not a fan either, so she knows to stay out of my cave

Last real Grey Cup party I went to was probably when I lived in the States

1 hour ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

My daughter has been coming with me to football games since she was 18 months old.  She's 17 now.  

When she was about 4 years old there was a game against Calgary in the old stadium (we sat about 20 rows up from visitor bench on the 55) where she stood up on her seat and started screaming at the top of her little lungs, "BOO CALGARY!  BOO!  YOU SUCK!"  Was hilarious and the older season ticket holders that sat around us just killed themselves laughing.

Needless to say .. she's a Bomber fan.

5 hours ago, GCn20 said:

2019 and 2021 I had small gatherings of a few friends. Last year I invited another couple to join my regular group and we lost. They are not allowed back. They are the bad luck guys. Although they did bring a sensational platter of home made pastrami fresh off the smoker,

you are a true fan and I salute you.  there's pretty much nothing I won't do for homemade pastrami. 

so what are people wearing for the big game?  I've had a DB97 jersey for years that I stopped wearing after the heartbreaking 2016 west semi that we lost.   This year my girlfriend got me a brand new beautiful uncustomized white road jersey and that's what won the West final, so that one is coming out on game day.  That jersey is undefeated!

10 minutes ago, johnzo said:

you are a true fan and I salute you.  there's pretty much nothing I won't do for homemade pastrami. 

so what are people wearing for the big game?  I've had a DB97 jersey for years that I stopped wearing after the heartbreaking 2016 west semi that we lost.   This year my girlfriend got me a brand new beautiful uncustomized white road jersey and that's what won the West final, so that one is coming out on game day.  That jersey is undefeated!

It won't matter. My wife will have me wrapped in a sheet because I get so worked up and my food tends to be worn more than eaten. lol. I will start the day in my Milt jersey though as it is the only white one I have.

Edited by GCn20

5 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Last year I invited another couple to join my regular group and we lost. They are not allowed back. They are the bad luck guys.

this is @17to85 - sincerely concerned after we watched the GC together last year. We have watched many GCs together... only 2019 did we win, and that was in person and we actually weren't sitting together at that game. 

13 minutes ago, johnzo said:

My road white Bighill jersey.

15 minutes ago, Noeller said:

this is @17to85 - sincerely concerned after we watched the GC together last year. We have watched many GCs together... only 2019 did we win, and that was in person and we actually weren't sitting together at that game. 

******* 2001... ******* 2007... ******* 2011... ******* 2022... 

The wife asked a couple weeks ago "are you going to olds to watch if the Bombers are in the Grey Cup?" I says **** no, they lost last year. 

4 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

******* 2001... ******* 2007... ******* 2011... ******* 2022... 

The wife asked a couple weeks ago "are you going to olds to watch if the Bombers are in the Grey Cup?" I says **** no, they lost last year. 

This hurts me just as much......

As for current "gamer" jersey.... I had been going with a late 80s Walby for a long time, but it got autographed last year and so now it is retired to the wall. Among the many MANY things you never ever do to a jersey is wear an autographed one. So up it goes. Now I had a problem.... I own a LOT of Bombers jerseys, but what would not be bad luck? I decided to go with a relatively recent eBay purchase.... a 2011/2012-ish home blue #4-Pierce pro-stitch. Only member of the current team whose jersey I own. I need something more current, but the Coach Buck uni has done pretty well since I adopted it after last year's Banjo Bowl.  At the Bombers Store yesterday, I was going through the new ones and trying to decide who to get next.... pretty torn between Zach, Brady and Demmer... 

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

This hurts me just as much......

As for current "gamer" jersey.... I had been going with a late 80s Walby for a long time, but it got autographed last year and so now it is retired to the wall. Among the many MANY things you never ever do to a jersey is wear an autographed one. So up it goes. Now I had a problem.... I own a LOT of Bombers jerseys, but what would not be bad luck? I decided to go with a relatively recent eBay purchase.... a 2011/2012-ish home blue #4-Pierce pro-stitch. Only member of the current team whose jersey I own. I need something more current, but the Coach Buck uni has done pretty well since I adopted it after last year's Banjo Bowl.  At the Bombers Store yesterday, I was going through the new ones and trying to decide who to get next.... pretty torn between Zach, Brady and Demmer... 

I have a home Collaros and a road Bighill.

But if I was buying today, it would be Brady, no question.