Grey Cup Party Menu Thead

GCJenks

Can’t think of it now, but something to symbolize the recently departed Argos and Lions. :)

I know, sore winner but am enjoying this while it lasts before the bottom falls out at some point. 

No matter the result next week, I will always have fond memories of seeing CK’s sulk face and Betts littler toddler arm swings to reflect on.

Now we need a good chant against Montreal. Montreal sucks doesn’t do it.

13 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Can’t think of it now, but something to symbolize the recently departed Argos and Lions. :)

I know, sore winner but am enjoying this while it lasts before the bottom falls out at some point. 

No matter the result next week, I will always have fond memories of seeing CK’s sulk face and Betts littler toddler arm swings to reflect on.

Now we need a good chant against Montreal. Montreal sucks doesn’t do it.

🎵 I'd rather be a Bomber than a ******* Allouette...🎵

Edited by Super Duper Negatron

1 hour ago, GCJenks said:

Just wondering what everyone else is planning for their celebration meal and snacks. 

I usually smoke some wings but after last year leaning towards mixing it up with some Ribs or possibly a TriTip. Decisions, decisions. 

What time can you expect us all over at?  :)

For the past few years, it's been a wild ride with chicken fingers and homemade honey dill sauce, plus any beer rocking the words Blue or Gold! But hey, it might be time to shake things up a bit. This year, I'm thinking of diving into the realm of Fatboy sliders... The excitement is real!

Anyone got the scoop on a top-notch Fatboy chili recipe doppelgänger?

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

What time can you expect us all over at?  :)

My wife reminded me that we have an appointment in the morning that will keep us out of the house until mid afternoon. That eliminates any of the slow smoked options. 
Might have to search for a good price on TriTip, can always leave it running in the sous vide and then just charcoal sear to finish.  
Likely sheet pan of a tater tot street corn medley thing as a side.

Hard to say right now, have a b!tch of a work week to get through first. 

I’m surprised this deep into the thread no one has mentioned :

beer, domestic and imported. Rye whiskey, Vodka, Bourbon, Scotch, schnapps, ouzo, boxes of red wine, boxes of White wine, bottles of sparkling white wines for celebrating the Cup victory. A couple of J’s and a craft made “Big Blue” Bong for loose leaf. 

19 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

My wife reminded me that we have an appointment in the morning that will keep us out of the house until mid afternoon. That eliminates any of the slow smoked options. 
Might have to search for a good price on TriTip, can always leave it running in the sous vide and then just charcoal sear to finish.  
Likely sheet pan of a tater tot street corn medley thing as a side.

Hard to say right now, have a b!tch of a work week to get through first. 

Did u remind her that all SHE has an appointment?

4 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

I’m surprised this deep into the thread no one has mentioned :

beer, domestic and imported. Rye whiskey, Vodka, Bourbon, Scotch, schnapps, ouzo, boxes of red wine, boxes of White wine, bottles of sparkling white wines for celebrating the Cup victory. A couple of J’s and a craft made “Big Blue” Bong for loose leaf. 

Crown Royal (Gimli) and my in-laws home brew for whiskey. We'll have several Manitoba made beers for options, some available for purchase in AB but some that will mysteriously make their way from MB to AB tomorrow....

3 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

The celebration starts TODAY.

We were saying yesterday afternoon that GC Week celebrations would begin at approximately 8:30pm last night and they sure did. We always walk back to Stone Angel after the games for post game pints and to break down the game. Then back to the house to watch the PVR of the game. It was a LATE night last night and slow going today but the celebration will continue through the week. Can't wait to watch the 80s Cup games and then 19 and 21 over th course of the week. I'm going to enjoy every second of this.