Grey Cup Party Menu Thead

GCJenks

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

Flavourless fatty gristle?

As a metaphor for Fajardo's CFL career yes.

Lol..actually I quite enjoy eating it but yes it does sum up Faj doesn't it.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

I'm looking forward to contributing to this thread as the week goes on. My wife lives for hosting parties and is a first class chef. We will undoubtedly have a massive spread on next weekend. 

Coming over. I'll be there around 2 pm...Saturday..lmao

15 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Lol..actually I quite enjoy eating it but yes it does sum up Faj doesn't it.

Coming over. I'll be there around 2 pm...Saturday..lmao

I was smart about booking Saturday off (always have Sundays off ) so it's gonna be a great weekend.

Toronto's loss reminds me very much of the 2001 Blue Bomber western final loss ... we dominated the whole season and "decided" to rest the stars AND Glenn Suiter Rod Black style   kept our most important players out to keep them from getting injured ...

Well we came out flat as a pancake and could not shake the rust off ... no Grey Cup appearance for the most deserving players ... assk Milt Steagall for details:

"Offensively, Winnipeg topped the circuit with 509 points. The defense proved to be a force, as the Blue Bombers surrendered 383 points, lowest in the league. Khari Jones led the charge, throwing for 4,545 yards. Milt Stegall caught 81 balls for 1,214 yards.

Charles Roberts rushed for a team-high 620 yards, while Eric Blount also buoyed the ground attack.

Juran Bolden picked off 6 opponent throws. Doug Brown blasted opposing passers 7 times."

https://www.statscrew.com/football/roster/t-CFLWPG/y-2001#google_vignette 

I believe when a team has that big a lead for 1st place, on every "nothing game", all the starters need to play at least the first half, if not the whole game ... the secondary players only come in when victory looks likely (see Tom Brady). Last year it cost us a Cup when ZC hurt his wheels but we were still VERY close. A little more intensity earlier in the game and it would not have been close.

I do not expect a relaxed attitude this time... the whole team has something to prove ...  and yes talent overcomes luck ... just like yesterdays Hail Mary TD

Edited by BigBlue

1 minute ago, BigBlue said:

My  memory  does suck, its crazy. Then I was thinking of another year.

What 2002 when milt stegall got hurt in the game before the playoffs and Doug brown was hurt? And Charles roberts got hurt on the first play of the west final?

Cause they tried the no rest there and it  it them there too. 

Bottom line it's preparedness. Show up and be mentally strong.

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

What 2002 when milt stegall got hurt in the game before the playoffs and Doug brown was hurt? And Charles roberts got hurt on the first play of the west final?

Cause they tried the no rest there and it  it them there too. 

Bottom line it's preparedness. Show up and be mentally strong.

I am sticking to my opinion that "resting" can cause rust and over confidence just like it did to Toronto this year.

2 hours ago, Booch said:

Did u remind her that all SHE has an appointment?

I get bought breakfast for driving. Home in plenty of time for game time, just need to adjust the food prep. One of those times not living in the city and being able to order whatever really sucks. 

1 hour ago, BigBlue said:

Toronto's loss reminds me very much of the 2001 Blue Bomber western final loss ... we dominated the whole season and "decided" to rest the stars AND Glenn Suiter Rod Black style   kept our most important players out to keep them from getting injured ...

Well we came out flat as a pancake and could not shake the rust off ... no Grey Cup appearance for the most deserving players ... assk Milt Steagall for details:

"Offensively, Winnipeg topped the circuit with 509 points. The defense proved to be a force, as the Blue Bombers surrendered 383 points, lowest in the league. Khari Jones led the charge, throwing for 4,545 yards. Milt Stegall caught 81 balls for 1,214 yards.

Charles Roberts rushed for a team-high 620 yards, while Eric Blount also buoyed the ground attack.

Juran Bolden picked off 6 opponent throws. Doug Brown blasted opposing passers 7 times."

https://www.statscrew.com/football/roster/t-CFLWPG/y-2001#google_vignette 

I believe when a team has that big a lead for 1st place, on every "nothing game", all the starters need to play at least the first half, if not the whole game ... the secondary players only come in when victory looks likely (see Tom Brady). Last year it cost us a Cup when ZC hurt his wheels but we were still VERY close. A little more intensity earlier in the game and it would not have been close.

I do not expect a relaxed attitude this time... the whole team has something to prove ...  and yes talent overcomes luck ... just like yesterdays Hail Mary TD

What precisely does this manifesto have to do with Grey Cup party menus? I skimmed through your message; will there be pancakes on the menu, perhaps?

33 minutes ago, johnzo said:

Seattle has a hockey bar owned by guy from Winnipeg named Tim Pipes so I'm gonna be eating something off this menu:

https://www.angrybeaverseattle.com/menu#menu=food

they sell Coffee Crisp there too!

I’ll take a Beef Gravy Poutine with a Kraken Storm or 6. 

I think best to call ahead, looks like they don’t open until after the game starts…