Grey Cup Party Menu Thead

GCJenks

3 hours ago, Mike said:

Where the hell do I find a good tri tip in Winnipeg

Depends on what part of the city. Boulevard Meats in Southdale and sometimes Coop stores. Price is sometimes the obstacle more than anything, shouldn’t run $19.99/lb but has at times this year. 

On 2023-11-12 at 2:35 PM, BigBlue said:

I am sticking to my opinion that "resting" can cause rust and over confidence just like it did to Toronto this year.

Can we get back to food & drink here for Da Big Game, please? 

Gonna have wings on the menu. We usually buy finger foods for the Grey Cup & Super Bowl. My liquor has run out so I'll have to buy a bottle of Crown Royal & Jack Daniels. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

I don't know about you guys but the menu has to include nachos.

My get together is only going to be one or two friends. If the Bombers aren't in it (which has been a while) big parties are great. When they are playing, if you aren't watching the game or are talking during the action, it's GTFO of my house. I'm stressed enough.

51 minutes ago, itchy said:

My get together is only going to be one or two friends. If the Bombers aren't in it (which has been a while) big parties are great. When they are playing, if you aren't watching the game or are talking during the action, it's GTFO of my house. I'm stressed enough.

This is so true. My wife says it's like she's watching a caged animal watching me watch the Bombers.  

1 hour ago, itchy said:

That is the downside of going to my buddies house, where there are families and parents, etc. Me and him are the only ones who TRULY are invested.

Many, many distractions.

1 hour ago, itchy said:

2019 and 2021 I had small gatherings of a few friends. Last year I invited another couple to join my regular group and we lost. They are not allowed back. They are the bad luck guys. Although they did bring a sensational platter of home made pastrami fresh off the smoker, along some excellent swiss, fermented sauerkraut, KUB bread, spicy mustard and even the George Foreman for grilling up reubens. 

Hell, maybe I will invite them back and just have them saged before the game by an elder. They are big Bomber fans so I am sure they will understand the need to do so.

Edited by GCn20

2 hours ago, itchy said:

so much this. If it's a game the Bombers aren't in, then whatever... it can be a party..... if the Bombers are playing, then the guest list is SHORT. I do not want random fans of other teams... I do not want people who are just there for a party..... this has to be Bombers fans only, and you have to understand the gravity of the situation. Anyone else can GTFO.