Grey Cup - Game Week Thread

Mark H.

53 minutes ago, johnzo said:

it wasn't just our passing game that suffered -- BC had zero respect for any sweep motion from Demski.  We ran that a few times with Demski going horizontal and Brady between the tackles and Brady got swamped by bodies each time, BC was really keying on him and ignoring any other run looks from us.

We're so lucky that Lawler is a freak who can solo an entire passing attack.

they likely knew he wasnt gonna be getting it...thats why I miffed we dressed Mcrae...who could have filled that role...and taken the ball to allow room for Brady....and I dont think he even took his jacket off...so why was he even dressed if obviously they must have figured he wasnt good to go....another questionable roster decision in a big game

An Ambles would surely have garnered attention and made plays...he's played on the big stage before...or a Fox or a Rose for extra DB/DL depth...As soon as I saw him bundled up in the big coat I knew it was a wasted roster spot that game...and frankly wasnt shocked about it

If biggie is in a walking boot now idc if he is retiring you don’t let him play. That’s serious quality of life stuff. 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

they likely knew he wasnt gonna be getting it...thats why I miffed we dressed Mcrae...who could have filled that role...and taken the ball to allow room for Brady....and I dont think he even took his jacket off...so why was he even dressed if obviously they must have figured he wasnt good to go....another questionable roster decision in a big game

An Ambles would surely have garnered attention and made plays...he's played on the big stage before...or a Fox or a Rose for extra DB/DL depth...As soon as I saw him bundled up in the big coat I knew it was a wasted roster spot that game...and frankly wasnt shocked about it

Soo bizarre to start extra nis, go to a sub package at rb and not put in gmc. Mos roster decisions are often questionable. But killing 2 dis on like 6 snaps is insane. 

6 hours ago, greenrider55 said:

They’re generally supposed to vote before playoffs, as to not let playoff performances dictate their opinions. But I’m not 100% sure, @DTonOBcan you elaborate?

Voting happens in 3 phases (team, division, league). The final one had a deadline of kickoff of the Eastern Semi-final. So there's zero chance to consider anything that happens in the playoffs.

13 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

Has it been mentioned that they gave Maas his gaterade shower too? 
They’ve won their biggest game of the year already. 

Absolutely agree. They won their GC. They took Toronto by surprise, which some expected, but they won't do that two weeks in a row, in a year where the bombers are rebounding after being taken out by an underdog.

11 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Brady will get Canadian, Kelly will get MOP but Brady will be getting Grey Cup MVP :) 

Then Brady will copy Andrew Harris' acceptance speech -        All the haters out there that talked (expletive) , this is for you!”

Edited by WinnipegGordo

9 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Then Brady will copy Andrew Harris' acceptance speech -        All the haters out there that talked (expletive) , this is for you!”

That would be O’Shea’s speech for all here who turned on him this season - but he’s too classy to say “I told you so”. Will quietly deflect to the players and the other coaches, as he does. 

11 hours ago, wbbfan said:

If biggie is in a walking boot now idc if he is retiring you don’t let him play. That’s serious quality of life stuff. 

Soo bizarre to start extra nis, go to a sub package at rb and not put in gmc. Mos roster decisions are often questionable. But killing 2 dis on like 6 snaps is insane. 

hate harping about it...but we continue to win "despite" some these less than optimal decisions....yeah yeah yeah I know...we been to 4 cups...but it's still a concerning narrative....and in those previous runs...we didnt have these less than optimal roster use issues

16 hours ago, voodoochylde said:

Saw mention that Bighill has a strained calf muscle (take that with a grain of salt).  From the way he went down after the play, I thought for sure it was a knee or achilles.  Hit the deck like he was shot.  

From today's Free Press.  I don't think you wear a walking boot for a sore knee.  As someone who pulled their calf last summer (felt like someone shot me right in the middle of my calf), I was hoping it was a calf and not Achilles - just for the shorter rehab.  Don't know that he can return in one week, but he's got way better trainers than I do.

1840405_web1_231113-Bombers-leaving-0026

2 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

From today's Free Press.  I don't think you wear a walking boot for a sore knee.  As someone who pulled their calf last summer (felt like someone shot me right in the middle of my calf), I was hoping it was a calf and not Achilles - just for the shorter rehab.  Don't know that he can return in one week, but he's got way better trainers than I do.

1840405_web1_231113-Bombers-leaving-0026

and way better freezing compounds and pain "limiters" 😉

I saw Schoen walking about as well...sans a boot.....

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

That would be O’Shea’s speech for all here who turned on him this season - but he’s too classy to say “I told you so”. Will quietly deflect to the players and the other coaches, as he does. 

I obviously I don't read everything here but no where to date have I read posts indicating the need to fire MOS, he's the worst, we need new leadership etc etc.

If by turning on him you mean providing critique on some of his moves and/or approaches, you and I have a much different definition of what it means to turn on someone.  

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

why is media so focused on Als 7 game win streak...and no mention of our 5 game streak...against better teams...teams with over 500 records???.....TSN is so narrow minded and intent on trying to create a story/theme

Ho hum just another GC appearance by the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, that's why.

Didn't even have to scroll to find these vids guys. You aren't even looking.

https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/video/alouettes-are-the-underdog-blue-bombers-seek-a-dynasty~2806595

This piece from TSN talks about the Bombers appearing in 4 consecutive Grey Cups and having the chance to be the first team to win 3 in 4 seasons since the Esks in the 70s-80s

https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/video/110th-grey-cup-set-to-feature-an-unlikely-matchup-between-alouettes-and-blue-bombers~2806219

This piece opens with how nobody is shocked or surprised to see the Bombers back in the GC

https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/video/we-gotta-win-the-last-one-collaros-on-playing-in-fourth-straight-grey-cup~2805596

Collaros hadn't even left the field before TSN was bringing up Collaros being the first QB to start 4 consecutive GCs

https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/video/barker-bombers-win-was-classic-football-won-by-the-team-that-s-more-physical~2803059

This clip praises the physicality and consistency of the Bombers, praises the coach, mentions the 4 appearances and chance to do what hasn't been done in 40+ years

Edited by MOBomberFan

Just now, Booch said:

basically eh?....and why focus on something that hasnt happened in 40 yrs...that be just plain dumb hahaha

I don't know what you're watching/reading, but I've heard way more references to our 4 straight cups and Zach as the first QB in history to do it than I've heard about anything to do with Montreal.

Just now, MOBomberFan said:

We aren't the underdogs. We are the baddies. And it's awesome

Honestly.

They obviously have to make up a couple Montreal storylines for some balance, but you're talking out of your butt if you think the some anti-Winnipeg narrative out there.

Just now, Jesse said:

I don't know what you're watching/reading, but I've heard way more references to our 4 straight cups and Zach as the first QB in history to do it than I've heard about anything to do with Montreal.

I've heard that....But I also not on internet looking too deep....Just some drivel I heard onthe tv playing in back ground....and if they are...good onthem then....but leading up to sat it was all Lions this..Brtts that....Kelly this...Argos best ever...