West Semi Final GDT

bustamente

The Mayor cancelled the meetings for the rest of the year.....Certainly didn't look like the team or qb. that bested the leo's a little while ago...Started out with a bang and then a giant fizzle.....IF you think you are going to beat Vaj, with  constant 3 man pressure .....well you see how that goes.....He just stood in the pocket and carved them up.....Never let this guy feel comfortable....Something for us to ponder in the final

I told ya'll before, and I'll tell you again. Allowing 30 points to those Calgary Stampeders, well, that's a pretty sharp critique of the BC Lions. You know what? I'm positively itching to drop another fifty-burger on them. And I have a sneaking suspicion that luck will be on our side next weekend. I'll be sending out positive manifestations all week, you can count on that.

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

What's wrong with that? It's only been this season the Stamps have sucked. One losing season.

He had the best qb in the cfl for most of that period. and probably the best receivers. a linebacker who went to NFL and stuck.

its all cyclical....I think ol DD prob learned a lot this yr as the GM/Coach....and certain Huff has had a few lil chit chats this yr......Next yr.....I see them being a lot better....The esks better...the Lions regress a bit and Sask still in the outhouse

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

its all cyclical....I think ol DD prob learned a lot this yr as the GM/Coach....and certain Huff has had a few lil chit chats this yr......Next yr.....I see them being a lot better....The esks better...the Lions regress a bit and Sask still in the outhouse

I think they are team trying to manage their SMS/roster as if players should still take deep discounts to stay there and those that won't can move on. They don't have Murphy providing a massive scouting list or Hufnagel's uncanny ability to narrow that down to guys who will excel in the CFL. Their recruiting has dropped off a cliff and it's showing up in the win/loss column.

Just now, GCn20 said:

I think they are team trying to manage their SMS/roster as if players should still take deep discounts to stay there and those that won't can move on. They don't have Murphy providing a massive scouting list or Hufnagel's uncanny ability to narrow that down to guys who will excel in the CFL. Their recruiting has dropped off a cliff and it's showing up in the win/loss column.

yup....Plus Huff was very well connected and was a big reason for a lot of the talent that rolled thru there. and now he isn't a part of that....and it showed.

1 minute ago, Booch said:

yup....Plus Huff was very well connected and was a big reason for a lot of the talent that rolled thru there. and now he isn't a part of that....and it showed.

For sure. For many years talent would walk out their door but Huf was an amazing GM and even better evaluator of talent imo. Now....they struggle with all of that.

33 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

For years they were able to let players walk vis  FA and have the "next man up" philosophy. And with the success they were having, player  retention was no doubt easier. 

But this past off season especially, whether by virtue of a dearth of scouting prowess or simply the lack of a Hall of Fame calibre QB for the first time in seemingly decades, players were allowed to walk that they should not have let out the door and they refuses to invest in new FA. A refusal to acknowledge their changing circumstances killed them before this season even started. 

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

A big difference between Walters and Huff is Walters embraced the increasing importance of F.A., mainly because he had to with the state of the franchise at the time and the rise of one year contracts.  Whereas Huff shunned F.A. in the belief that recruiting and raising his own was the only proper way to build a team. This also meant many of Huff's recruits left early in their careers to earn more money elsewhere, which is evident in the number of Stamp recruits scattered around the league playing on other teams.

Imagine where the the Bombers would be without the F.A. signings of Bryant, Randle, Harris, Jefferson and Bighill?  Those signings formed the foundation of Walters dynasty. 

Time passed Huff by and his stubbornness to adapt or pay better wages to retain recruits has left the Stamps near the bottom of the league.

Edited by Fatty Liver

19 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

A big difference between Walters and Huff is Walters embraced the increasing importance of F.A., mainly because he had to with the state of the franchise at the time and the rise of one year contracts.  Whereas Huff shunned F.A. in the belief that recruiting and raising his own was the only proper way to build a team. This also meant many of Huff's recruits left early in their careers to earn more money elsewhere, which is evident in the number of Stamp recruits scattered around the league playing on other teams.

Imagine where the the Bombers would be without the F.A. signings of Bryant, Randle, Harris, Jefferson and Bighill?  Those signings formed the foundation of Walters dynasty. 

Time passed Huff by and his stubbornness to adapt or pay better wages to retain recruits has left the Stamps near the bottom of the league.

No argument from me there. I will add though, that Hufnagel's philosophy worked out very well for him. They were the dominant CFL team for a decade doing that. The problem is Huff isn't really there anymore, and towards the end he was too old to put in the amount of work required to make that kind of strategy pay off. Walters has a very different philosophy to Huf and it too works and is far more sustainable imo.

57 minutes ago, Jesse said:

For years they were able to let players walk vis  FA and have the "next man up" philosophy. And with the success they were having, player  retention was no doubt easier. 

But this past off season especially, whether by virtue of a dearth of scouting prowess or simply the lack of a Hall of Fame calibre QB for the first time in seemingly decades, players were allowed to walk that they should not have let out the door and they refuses to invest in new FA. A refusal to acknowledge their changing circumstances killed them before this season even started. 

For sure. Dicky needs to do a full evaluation of how the Stamps sign/recruit because the Hufnagel era is over. Dicky could do himself a big favor by going out and getting a better QB for sure.

Edited by GCn20