CFL Award Nominee Finalists

bluto

As I said in the other thread. It was obvious Kelly was getting MOP (even though I disagree) and Brady was getting Canadian. But there is one award that tops  MOP in my mind and that’s Grey Cup MVP which Brady will win and Kelly can’t. And that’s motivation enough for Brady to take it. 

3 hours ago, greenrider55 said:

I don’t think anyone should take much issue with the Riders getting two awards for activities off the football field. One is Lenius who goes to schools to promote mental health awareness, the other is Lauther who planned a large Rider event in Phoenix which raised $20,000 for KidSport. Really nothing to be outraged over.

Counter point, Brady. Who’s a viral sensation for rescuing tons of animals all over. No better, or bigger diplomat for charity and being a good person in the league. That’s not to mention his countless hours of charity work with groups like variety. Time>money. Other wise Zach could but that award every year if he so desired. Or Chris jones. 
 Also, the toxic waste dump that has been the riders with a zillion fines and suspensions for dirty hits and attempts to injure. Money, doesn’t change or fix that.  

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

He's gonna have 200 all purpose.... Just go OFF ....

300 rushing 100 receiving. Go big lol 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Counter point, Brady. Who’s a viral sensation for rescuing tons of animals all over. No better, or bigger diplomat for charity and being a good person in the league. That’s not to mention his countless hours of charity work with groups like variety. Time>money. Other wise Zach could but that award every year if he so desired. Or Chris jones. 
 Also, the toxic waste dump that has been the riders with a zillion fines and suspensions for dirty hits and attempts to injure. Money, doesn’t change or fix that.  

Brady’s work is phenomenal, undoubtedly. But as a completely non football related award, I’m not sure it’s a big deal. Again, I don’t care who wins it, I’m proud of those who are contributing. Brady could win the next 10 and I’d applaud him.

5 hours ago, greenrider55 said:

I don’t think anyone should take much issue with the Riders getting two awards for activities off the football field. One is Lenius who goes to schools to promote mental health awareness, the other is Lauther who planned a large Rider event in Phoenix which raised $20,000 for KidSport. Really nothing to be outraged over.

No doubt- weird to **** all over someone for being recognized for giving back to the community. I dont get it....

"You, promoting much needed metal heath awareness in schools for children- **** you!" 

"Oh ****.... KidSport... KIDSPORT- Oh damn... don't get me started on you! Mr 'We envision a Canada where all children have the opportunity to participate in sport'- **** you!"

thats-odd-neil-degrasse.gif

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy

1 hour ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

No doubt- weird to **** all over someone for being recognized for giving back to the community. I dont get it....

"You, promoting much needed metal heath awareness in schools for children- **** you!" 

"Oh ****.... KidSport... KIDSPORT- Oh damn... don't get me started on you! Mr 'We envision a Canada where all children have the opportunity to participate in sport'- **** you!"

thats-odd-neil-degrasse.gif

Literally nobody **** all over him.  That is not  what is being said. 

9 hours ago, Goalie said:

I just don't logically understand how an avg 3rd best qb in the league wins mop over a Canadian rb with 2000 combined yards 

The C = Canadian right? 

BFL for sure Bush Football league 

Hey Toronto Jim Kelly's nephew won mop 

I'm sure 8 ppl are in line buying Argos seasons tix now 

The voters think that MOC is a consolation award. Let the random Canadian nominated for MOP win the MOC award even if he's the best player of the two. Reserve the MOP for an American. Fine, now that's how we'll vote says the clueless media. 

8 hours ago, wbbfan said:

They're going to have to send an Uber to pick him up on the Trans Canada highway after the game, because no one will be able to stop him.

54 minutes ago, Mike said:

@DTonOB EXPLAIN YOURSELF, COWARD

yeah satistically not even the best QB...Let alone best ober all

And really....the wins shouldnt be considered as it has been said before many times a teams wins weren't indicative of the QB....so can't go both ways

The best explanation I've heard is Kelly was so dominant early in games that the team would go away from the pass in 2nd half of games because of the lead built up. And he was 15-0 as a starter. I can understand that thinking....but. when you consider the schedule he had, as well as the starting field position and Defense....I think those factors really take away from the magic he supposedly had. He only played BC....had games against absolute dog **** teams to start the year....HAM and MTL were still a mess and Ottawa was..well...EDM hadn't started Ford.

I still don't think his performance was better than Brady's. I know I'm a Homer but damn.

Wins are a team stat. This is not a QB award for having the best record. 

I would be embarrassed for the media, but they're just out there living vicariously through the players. 

5 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

The best explanation I've heard is Kelly was so dominant early in games that the team would go away from the pass in 2nd half of games because of the lead built up. And he was 15-0 as a starter. I can understand that thinking....but. when you consider the schedule he had, as well as the starting field position and Defense....I think those factors really take away from the magic he supposedly had. He only played BC....had games against absolute dog **** teams to start the year....HAM and MTL were still a mess and Ottawa was..well...EDM hadn't started Ford.

I still don't think his performance was better than Brady's. I know I'm a Homer but damn.

Ford was more outstanding than Kelly. 

After listening to @DTonOB for a while now, I’d agree that he just doesn’t respect the running game/RB position. 

I love the guy, but it’s very clear he wants the game to be arcade passball all the time. 

The media obsession in general over Betts is super irritating too but I get it. Big market, Canadian with a French name. The CFL media forces character storylines. 
That being said, voting for him as MOC over Brady is inexcusable for someone who gets paid to analyze the games. 

Just now, JohnnyAbonny said:

After listening to @DTonOB for a while now, I’d agree that he just doesn’t respect the running game/RB position. 

I love the guy, but it’s very clear he wants the game to be arcade passball all the time. 

The media obsession in general over Betts is super irritating too but I get it. Big market, Canadian with a French name. The CFL media forces character storylines. 
That being said, voting for him as MOC over Brady is inexcusable for someone who gets paid to analyze the games. 

Betts was good at one thing and one thing only. And, he wasn't even good at that in the second half. In fact, the entire BC defense was horrible. 

If the Jeffcoat or Jefferson could be as irresponsible as Betts, they would get 20 sacks a season each. But, they're trying to win games, not personal trophies. 

Just now, JCon said:

Betts was good at one thing and one thing only. And, he wasn't even good at that in the second half. In fact, the entire BC defense was horrible. 

If the Jeffcoat or Jefferson could be as irresponsible as Betts, they would get 20 sacks a season each. But, they're trying to win games, not personal trophies. 

The opposition has to be considered too. Betts had 1 good game against a quality opponent (in the summer).
Any other big game he was invisible. 

Jeffcoat (who should have been MODP this year) and the rest of the Bomber D have their best games in the most meaningful games. 

13 minutes ago, JCon said:

Wins are a team stat. This is not a QB award for having the best record. 

I would be embarrassed for the media, but they're just out there living vicariously through the players. 

Ford was more outstanding than Kelly. 

Great point.

My guess is BO is much less upset (if at all) than us fans are here.

I'm just hoping the question BO hears about 2-3 weeks after the GC championship game is, 'how does that size of ring fit sir?'

Let's just be honest with ourselves.  Very few awards in Sports & Entertainment aren't popularity awards.  Once in awhile, the award winner is very much deserving -  but they really are mostly horsehockey.

I've always thought that and it only got awkward once my wife started winning awards for TV productions.

13 hours ago, voodoochylde said:

I don’t think Brady uses “disrespect” as motivation but I SINCERELY hope the Bombers offensive line goes out with something to prove.  

More of a “we’ve got your back” type effort.

The last time our MOP RB was this disrespected our OL and RB were forces of nature in the Grey Cup leading to MOC and MOP awards to the RB. I expect a similar result on Sunday.

12 hours ago, Goalie said:

Winnipeg has become the villain it seems. We are the heels of the CFL... 

Seems like maybe winning and being dominant for 4 years atleast now means other ppl get jealous of your success. IG field Is legit packed weekly, for some reason tho, we are hated by the media. The flagship of the cfl but we are the bad guys 

30k ? Who cares. Toronto drew 14k, that's up last year by 18 people 

To me it's weird we're the villain.

It's not like we have a head coach that acts like a DD, defensive players that act like rider players and a QB who acts like Kelly an uncomfortable weirdo to be around.

Maybe it is they hate us cuz they ain't us.

12 hours ago, greenrider55 said:

There’s also east coast bias. It’s more prevalent in sports where there’s late night games, but the media will often watch the eastern teams, then call it a day. So you’re likely correct that some of them likely just read storylines and didn’t actually put thought in.

There is East coast bias because every CFL reporter relies on the CFL to actually...you know...exist and be somewhat relevant in areas outside Regina and Winnipeg. Nothing more. Anyone looking for a reason why media votes absurdly like this that is it. Protecting their livelihood comes before journalistic integrity...it's like the CBC.