CFL Award Nominee Finalists

bluto

38 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

I bet Kelly is so concussed he won't be able to make it to the stage to accept his award 🤣

Not to be insensitive towards a guy who may or may not have suffered an injury... it feels like this is an excuse for his poor play.  If nobody can figure out when he took a hit to the head that would cause a concussion, something just doesn't feel right about it.

Just now, Sard said:

Not to be insensitive towards a guy who may or may not have suffered an injury... it feels like this is an excuse for his poor play.  If nobody can figure out when he took a hit to the head that would cause a concussion, something just doesn't feel right about it.

and even tho you dont necessarily need to get rocked...but he never really took any hellacious hits that I remember....and if something did seem off with him as he said he was confused...coaches and medical staff would have noticed that in convo with him on the sidelines during the game...you would think...I sense an excuse here, to try and save face for not being this so called super star....And have not seen the Argo medical staff confirm it either

34 minutes ago, Sard said:

Even he, himself, can't figure out when this concussion might have occurred. Probably because he wasn't touched most of the game.,

Yeah I don't know. Concussions can happen at odd times/when you don't typically think they'd occur....buuut....to come out and say it, with nothing to really show for it (as in when it happened or even it being confirmed by team doctors) after catching a bunch of **** for a bad performance AND leaving the field without shaking hands, which he then made a douchebag statement on. Just feels very sore loserish. He's becoming more and more unlikeable IMO.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

and even tho you dont necessarily need to get rocked...but he never really took any hellacious hits that I remember....and if something did seem off with him as he said he was confused...coaches and medical staff would have noticed that in convo with him on the sidelines during the game...you would think...I sense an excuse here, to try and save face for not being this so called super star....And have not seen the Argo medical staff confirm it either

They can't confirm it because he secretly hid it from them for almost the whole game. Medical professionals were completely fooled by Chad's emmy worthy performance of acting like he wasn't concussed.

8 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Yeah I don't know. Concussions can happen at odd times/when you don't typically think they'd occur....buuut....to come out and say it, with nothing to really show for it (as in when it happened or even it being confirmed by team doctors) after catching a bunch of **** for a bad performance AND leaving the field without shaking hands, which he then made a douchebag statement on. Just feels very sore loserish. He's becoming more and more unlikeable IMO.

his postgame interview after with Scianatti he looked fine...well fine for him as he is odd at best of times...and no mention was made there....just a gutless excuse...and if he ws suffering from it, highly doubt team would let him interview immediately after

12 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

The ALs had 0 sacks, and 6 QB pressures all game. Like when did he even get hit? The Als defence had a great game but they did not pressure him at all. I just don't see when he could have been concussed.

1 minute ago, Booch said:

his postgame interview after with Scianatti he looked fine...well fine for him as he is odd at best of times...and no mention was made there....just a gutless excuse...and if he ws suffering from it, highly doubt team would let him interview immediately after

He went immediately from an out of body experience to the media scrum doncha know....because that's what happens.🙄

Edited by GCn20

You'd have to think that if he was concussed .. and hid it .. or it went unnoticed .. or was simply trotted back out there by the Argos despite suffering a head injury .. that the league and CFLPA might have a few questions for the Argos and their medical staff.

That's not a good look for any organization.

Just now, voodoochylde said:

You'd have to think that if he was concussed .. and hid it .. or it went unnoticed .. or was simply trotted back out there by the Argos despite suffering a head injury .. that the league and CFLPA might have a few questions for the Argos and their medical staff.

That's not a good look for any organization.

Especially if your apparent leader/star and marquee guy just either 1) threw his organization under the bus or 2) just fabricated a lie, and has zero character/leadership skills to accept a loss, and get better from it.....

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

Especially if your apparent leader/star and marquee guy just either 1) threw his organization under the bus or 2) just fabricated a lie, and has zero character/leadership skills to accept a loss, and get better from it.....

I do genuinely think he was concussed. But that’s neither here nor there.

Just now, Booch said:

Here is how it really went down.

Shortly after ESF loss Kelly picks up his phone and calls his agent:

CK: Hey thought I would give you a call because the season's over up here and I am ready to start talking with NFL teams about going back South.

Agent: Ummmm....did you watch the game film from the ESF? Yea....it might be a while before someone calls.

CK: Well I know I played bad, but was it that bad that NFL teams will overlook my great season?

Agent: Yup...it was that bad.

CK: Well what if I said I had a concussion and that's why I played so bad, would that help?

Agent: Well there is nothing helpful about trying to sell a concussed QB but I guess anything that could explain that melt down is semi-helpful. 

CK: Great...that's what I will do. Watch for the article on 3DN. They are stupid enough to not see through this.

4 hours ago, Booch said:

We knocked him out of the one game...Well BA did....and the other he didnt do much...last game he didnt start, but when he replaced Hatcher he was ok...but not a game changer

That being said....I think he disgruntled there and for right price would like to see him back in Mcrea's role....or let them battle it out and best guy stays

Speaking of Lucky.

Who says fans shouldnt vote for awards?

It's silly that BC themselves mislabeled the Bobby Bourne trophy as "most outstanding player as voted by the fans" when it's actually a fan vote for "most popular player", Bighill has won this trophy as well

Not hard to believe he's so popular. He was getting love from WPG fans coming in and out of the visitors gate during warmups. He's just a likeable guy.

8 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

It's silly that BC themselves mislabeled the Bobby Bourne trophy as "most outstanding player as voted by the fans" when it's actually a fan vote for "most popular player", Bighill has won this trophy as well

Not hard to believe he's so popular. He was getting love from WPG fans coming in and out of the visitors gate during warmups. He's just a likeable guy.

That makes sense. No doubt Lucky is very popular.

Lucky got paid for his potential and tbh he never lived up to it. He had his moments in BC but he wasn't blowing the roof off like they had hoped for, just a bit too streaky and on occasion invisible. In a role like the one Grant has with us now, at a good price, any team would benefit

Just now, WinnipegGordo said:

That makes sense. No doubt Lucky is very popular.

Such a likeable dude, he'll be a fan favorite everywhere he goes