Elks @ West Division Champs: The Game (that no longer matters) Day Thread

Noeller

3 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Toughness football iq random physical traits nice eyes? Lol 

I think he’d be excellent long term at S, look forward to seeing what that kid does growing in year 2. 

Think he's right where he belongs.  Teams are getting almost nothing on our half backs.  Corners continue to get torched, Parker the least of the 5 we've dressed but still way too much per game.  Alexander invisible when he's out there now too, always trailing play, not really making any.

1 minute ago, Piggy 1 said:

Make a hell of a safety.

Gonna be interesting what we roll against Stamps......

i'd prefer him there...prob be easier for him to get picks there too...he should have had like 6 at least this yr....too much a twirp in tight, but over the top he could be deadly....his hands seem suspect to me too

2 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Think he's right where he belongs.  Teams are getting almost nothing on our half backs.  Corners continue to get torched, Parker the least of the 5 we've dressed but still way too much per game.  Alexander invisible when he's out there now too, always trailing play, not really making any.

I think we need that impact play at s that ba used to bring. 

Kate acting like being 6-5 in the west is good lmao. Ldc is what it is, that’s not a season indicator. 

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

all corners get torched more than anyone...on any teams....just way it is....but at times our scheme is basically giving them everything underneath.....Houston tho was very susceptible to getting beat with moves tho...also...our safety usage at times did nothing to help our dbs

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

i'd prefer him there...prob be easier for him to get picks there too...he should have had like 6 at least this yr....too much a twirp in tight, but over the top he could be deadly....his hands seem suspect to me too

He'll get there ,think the kid has the tools to be a great DB. Just wish has was a couple inches taller ....

1 minute ago, Booch said:

all corners get torched more than anyone...on any teams....just way it is....but at times our scheme is basically giving them everything underneath.....Houston tho was very susceptible to getting beat with moves tho...also...our safety usage at times did nothing to help our dbs

We def give up a lot underneath on the corners. I think the biggest difference between this year + last and the 19/21 squad is the corners made plays off the cushion back then. Great tackles stopping guys just short, picks, knock downs, or even just big hits making WRs pay a high physical toll to make those catches. We don’t have that any more. WRs haven’t had to pay much for making catches vs us this year. The softness of the secondary isn’t just in cushion any more. 
 Parker and holm are fast but also aggressive. I’d much rather deal with aggressive guys that passive. Passive football is just bad football. 

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

Those two halfbacks and pass rush are getting the D off the field.  The corners have been exceptionally bad this season.  There's a complete lack of aggression there.  I can't blame the scheme because I see the halfbacks defending passes in match coverage with no deep support and the corners starting 12 yards off on outside leverage in all our cover 0/1 looks, except for Parker who is more likely to be at 8.  Watched this overall scheme for 8 seasons of football now, I know Hall encourages matching routes and making plays on the ball.  This group of corners mostly playing scared.  Parker the only guy reacting to the ball of the 5 who we've had out there at corner (4 still here).

The reffing in the game tonight.... yeesh bad calls and blatant missed calls on both teams tonight.    

Also Dunigan with the excuses for Chris Jones on why he didn't start Tre Ford earlier in the year was eye rolling bad.   

The game itself was beautiful for the most part,  aside from a few really bad blown plays on defense and the return TD... the Elks struggled greatly to sustain a normal drive.  

1 hour ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Ok fair. 

I just thought it was unfair to point out the elks returner out running Holm, when he literally out ran everyone. I mean it is just one example, but you have been pretty critical of Holm. 

WHat is it that you see Holm lacking that the coaches dont see

2 of the coaches have been quoted saying he’s our fastest db so I’ll take that over a play where he’s blocked coming over

Not sutr if this has been discussed Rose is being targeted every game with little going the other side. He certainly isn’t the player he was before he left for the NFL. Don’t think he will be around next year. Also am I seeing things or does collaras not seem to use all his receivers? A couple to lawler, a few to demski, a little to anyone else. Brown comes in and they all get a go. Sure hope he can use them all going forward.

2 minutes ago, Old Bomber Fan said:

am I seeing things or does collaras not seem to use all his receivers? A couple to lawler, a few to demski, a little to anyone else. Brown comes in and they all get a go. 

This statement does not compute from contradicting itself completely.

23 minutes ago, Bombertown said:

2 of the coaches have been quoted saying he’s our fastest db so I’ll take that over a play where he’s blocked coming over

17 minutes ago, Booch said:

Actually Younger said Parker is the fastest

12 minutes ago, Bombertown said:

Find the quote 😂 because Richie and Osh said holm

Parker and Holm are both good and both have made plays. Busts happen and passes are caught no matter how good the DB is. Both of those guys are better than average. Rose is the one who looks like he has lost a step out there and is being picked on.

BO doing BO stuff. 

Zach didnt get hurt. Still puts up low numbers post September.  

Lawler looked engaged thankfully.  (Every 3 games he does) 

Biggie made some plays. (Like he was visible) 

Front four on D contained Ford for the most part. 

Our boys on the oline look hungry.  

Nichols is an all star. 

Rose is playing close to '19 form

Holm keeps being highlighted...some plays...some just tackling. 

Our kick coverage still sucks. That could be a huge issue in the big game...