Elks @ Bombers: Week Of Thread

Noeller

16 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

West final would be 4 weeks post injury. Is an ankle that requires a boot even healable in that amount of time?

Depends what the injury is. The fact it was weight bearing afterwards is encouraging. A severe high ankle sprain, achilles, or torn ligaments and he would have had to be helped off the field. No way he is standing around on the sidelines after any of those. My guess is a bad lower ankle sprain and his timeline for that is all over the map, but 4 weeks has been done many times.

24 minutes ago, Mike said:

And one of them is Jake Thomas lol

like wtf eh?...he's so done and useless out there....taking reps away from Lawson's development

42 minutes ago, Slimy Sculpin said:

Nine Canadian starters. Hmmm.

and we won't...well cant utilze the fact we can sub quality imports for rotation at will on defense because...well we didnt roster any ...sad

12 minutes ago, Booch said:

like wtf eh?...he's so done and useless out there....taking reps away from Lawson's development

and we won't...well cant utilze the fact we can sub quality imports for rotation at will on defense because...well we didnt roster any ...sad

As a pure pay cheque difference would it matter to Lawson if he is listed as started over Thomas? Is that the key to any bonuses paid for "Starts" or is a start being on the roster and playing?

I haven't studied the charts but it seems like Lawson is on the field more often that Thomas, does it matter to the player how they are listed?

1 minute ago, GCJenks said:

As a pure pay cheque difference would it matter to Lawson if he is listed as started over Thomas? Is that the key to any bonuses paid for "Starts" or is a start being on the roster and playing?

I haven't studied the charts but it seems like Lawson is on the field more often that Thomas, does it matter to the player how they are listed?

Lately....like only last 2 games he has finally been taking a back seat

Don't know how either contract is structured and if they have a per start bonus clause...but many contracts have that so who knows

I wonder if there was just a (maybe misguided) plan to slowly ease younger players in....? Cole had been getting more and more playing time and Lawson as well. I don't know, maybe they didn't want to throw the young guys into the fire immediately and it just hasn't worked out as well as they'd hoped...in terms of older players still holding up their production. 

5 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I wonder if there was just a (maybe misguided) plan to slowly ease younger players in....? Cole had been getting more and more playing time and Lawson as well. I don't know, maybe they didn't want to throw the young guys into the fire immediately and it just hasn't worked out as well as they'd hoped...in terms of older players still holding up their production. 

by yr 2 here....and 3 yrs in league for Cole who was in Edm they shouldnt need easing....

41 minutes ago, Slimy Sculpin said:

I have to admit, the Bombers infatuation with Thomas among others is baffling.  Sure he makes the odd play but imo he has passed his "best before" date. Heck, earlier in his career with the Bombers, he was cut (not good enough then?) and then brought back.

False, he was never cut. He was a free agent at the end of the 2017 season.  The delay in coming back before the next season was due to him "exhausting all NFL opportunities". 😂

38 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

It’s hard to imagine we have the number one defense in the CFL with how horribly mismanaged our D is 🤫

imagine if it was managed properly...we'd likely be sitting at 16-0 right now

4 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

I really do not see Calgary winning in BC - but stranger things have happened. I would believe that a BC win will happen and the Bombers need to put the pedal to the metal on Saturday and win. I would not like to have to go into Calgary the following week needing the win to secure home field advantage and a bye into the Western Final. Calgary will be playing all out to secure a play off spot given that the Riders should lose to the Argos this week.

11 minutes ago, BBRT said:

I really do not see Calgary winning in BC - but stranger things have happened. I would believe that a BC win will happen and the Bombers need to put the pedal to the metal on Saturday and win. I would not like to have to go into Calgary the following week needing the win to secure home field advantage and a bye into the Western Final. Calgary will be playing all out to secure a play off spot given that the Riders should lose to the Argos this week.

In my ideal scenario; BC wins making our game mean something, so we play to win. But the game is an absolute beat down on the Elks, so the outcome is never in doubt.

59 minutes ago, Jesse said:

And Lawler is 1254 away from his 2k goal. Athletes be dumb sometimes. 

that being said he is 16th in yards and tied for 3rd in receiving TD's for the season...On a team that had league leader in receiving TD's and Yards up until last game....another receiver who has 8th most yards and a RB who leads league in offensive TD's, as well as yards on ground...by a boatload...I'd say he's doing quite well all things considered...especially with the coverages he see's 

1 minute ago, kelownabomberfan said:

15-1

yeah...true....That BC game the exception....I had omitted that one from my brain

24 minutes ago, Booch said:

that being said he is 16th in yards and tied for 3rd in receiving TD's for the season...On a team that had league leader in receiving TD's and Yards up until last game....another receiver who has 8th most yards and a RB who leads league in offensive TD's, as well as yards on ground...by a boatload...I'd say he's doing quite well all things considered...especially with the coverages he see's 

Yeah, given what Lawler has done in the past and is doing this year, his goal of 2k was not completely unrealistic (high bar for sure though).  Mitchell, on the other hand, had not and is not doing anything to justify that target,  Lawler has played 7 games less than Mitchell and is a couple hundred yards ahead of him (Lawler is averaging about 75 yards a game while Mitchell is around 31). 

23 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Yeah, given what Lawler has done in the past and is doing this year, his goal of 2k was not completely unrealistic (high bar for sure though).  Mitchell, on the other hand, had not and is not doing anything to justify that target,  Lawler has played 7 games less than Mitchell and is a couple hundred yards ahead of him (Lawler is averaging about 75 yards a game while Mitchell is around 31). 

yeah....That Mitchell quote.....eeeeah...Like a dudes confidence and all....but man have a complete full season of productivity before making that claim