Elks @ Bombers: Week Of Thread

Noeller

4 minutes ago, ddanger said:

I'm only a doctor when it comes to twitter....but maybe it depends on the severity ??  And these guys get only the best treatment so perhaps he'd be good. And lots of tape!

If we look at Streveler's performance with a really buggered up ankle, should we accept less from Shoen?

1 minute ago, Tracker said:

If we look at Streveler's performance with a really buggered up ankle, should we accept less from Shoen?

I've been thinking about that... but I think different things are being asked of them. Strev was more limited capacity. An "every down, multiple routes being run" receiver likely requires more stability... but that's just a guess. 

31 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I've been thinking about that... but I think different things are being asked of them. Strev was more limited capacity. An "every down, multiple routes being run" receiver likely requires more stability... but that's just a guess. 

Schoen running routes in a boot just makes it fair for dbs.

2 hours ago, ddanger said:

classic quote

Given that O’Shea was not shy about declaring Schoen as “out” already on the injury record for the game two days away, I’d say he’s given us a clear update that this is not short-term, given his usual close-to-the-vest approach. I guess we will see, but I am steeling myself for a “questionable” at best come playoff time. 

8 hours ago, BomberBall said:

It’s possible that the boot is overkill… Precautionary, to keep the ankle stable and lessen the chance of a tweak or some kind of a setback.  Maybe I’m grasping at straws, but it’s possible.

He has 4 weeks. So that's why we're not going to hear anything for those 4 weeks, because the hope is he'll be able to come back in some fashion at that point. 

10 hours ago, BomberBall said:

It’s possible that the boot is overkill… Precautionary, to keep the ankle stable and lessen the chance of a tweak or some kind of a setback.  Maybe I’m grasping at straws, but it’s possible.

Hope DS gets better soon. Next man up, existing core fill the gap, let's go.

10 hours ago, BomberBall said:

Totally possible. Protection from any possible damage. I had a grade 3 sprain 3 weeks ago and couldn't put any weight on my foot, i was carried off the field. I'm very close to running again and thats with no boot/extra precautions taken. Still had to work after all. But if it's an ankle sprain, the fact he was walking on it during the BC game and afterwards should be a positive sign. 

8 minutes ago, Mike said:

And one of them is Jake Thomas lol

I have to admit, the Bombers infatuation with Thomas among others is baffling.  Sure he makes the odd play but imo he has passed his "best before" date. Heck, earlier in his career with the Bombers, he was cut (not good enough then?) and then brought back.