Week 9 - Lions @ Blue Bombers - GDT

JCon

20 minutes ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

Working in Fox and Garbutt (and Haba when he returns) into the d-line rotation would go a long way to keeping the Jeffs fresh.  There are so many ways to make this happen, hoping we see something like this sooner than later.

Reviewing some game now...If we gonna give Jackson that DA role again work him into the defence more then...he was a key part of that 3rd down denial..he was brought in as a de/lb...use him as such

Further to Dline...if you want a good example of why I say Thomas is toast and he should have minimal reps...look at the first play..Mizzel run after the Lawler TD...around the 8:20 mark...just utter useless..and could barely run up to follow play down..he's done

16 minutes ago, Piggy 1 said:

Noticed that as well. Made me cringe every time. What is the status on Grant? If someone posted it, I apologize ,musta missed it.

That first punt return when still 0-0...damn lucky he didn't cough that up ...very likely could have been a BC first down inside our 20...and totally changed that game...lucky lucky there ..

Lawlers first catch too...just 5 man oline and perfect block picked up by BO

Darby on that punt...was put to a spot and he knew exactly where it was going....the bounce hit and was headed back up field probably at least 10 to 15 yards so he swatted it out purposely...actually kinda smart...could have resulted in a bigger gain and likely a no yards further up the field too

3 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

The officiating is nuts.

The replay official buzzes down to make sure they call a no end penalty on us first drive of the game.

Where was he on Betts uncalled offside?  Where was he on the Bighill play that was blatantly not a penalty?  Where was he on the next play when BC receiver was clearly down at 40 with contact gets up and runs across 30?

If they are going to auto review some plays (aside from scoring ones) they need to review all of them.

Also O’Shea needs work on when to use the flag.  On a 60 yard play to Lawler…use it.  On a blatant illegal tackle by us…don’t use it.

I've commented repeatedly while watching games for our team and others....there's far too much interference and reliance upon the command centre. You're totally correct that no end call right at the start was terrible. Yes perhaps the refs missed it...but if you're going to intervene on one missed call, then you gotta do it for all the missed calls!! And then why even bother to have refs??

2 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Thinking about how great our wrs looked last night and barring injury it seems likely that we'll have three 1000 yards receivers this year, with Woli cracking 700-800 yards as well. Impressive. Don't think we've had three since Milt, Edwards and Armstrong in 07.

Yup. Its going to be an insane offense in the 2nd half. Lawler and Schoen are quite possibly the two best receivers in the league. Good times.

18 minutes ago, Booch said:

Darby on that punt...was put to a spot and he knew exactly where it was going....the bounce hit and was headed back up field probably at least 10 to 15 yards so he swatted it out purposely...actually kinda smart...could have resulted in a bigger gain and likely a no yards further up the field too

That's how I saw it too. Limit the damage,

2 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

That's a possibility. The other side is the O didn't do its job for the entire 2nd half of that game. Schoen had a brutal drop...Brady that bad fumble....buck and his bone headed play call near the end. Wr score just 1 more td and its a Bomber W. 

It's like last year's Grey Cup... there wasn't one specific thing that caused the loss... but a list of things where if you change one of them, we probably win

4 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

That call was a f**king joke. A

also the refs are yo yos..... one week.... quarterback head removed, no call, a week later breeze from a 

d lineman musses q.b. hair.... roughing.

there have to be better people out there.

I think with discussion about  rostering  players.... seems like some of them improve as they play some games, and are worth waiting for. look at Brady O.

and  moss would no doubt privately admit to making some mistakes.

but there is no reason to do so publicly. 

Edited by Mark F

39 minutes ago, Booch said:

I watched Boudreau run angrily down the sidelines and give him **** after that.  Then O'Shea pulled him aside too.

1 minute ago, Jpan85 said:

Anyone else see after Lawlers TD Zack turn to the Lions bench and say something to them.

I didn't see that, but it's interesting. I sometimes wonder if there's "behind the scenes" chatter between players on different teams that we don't know about. Like maybe someone from BC texted someone from Winnipeg and was mouthing off earlier in the week.... that kinda thing....? Maybe? Unless it's just a response to the whole "Donut Boys" thing....

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I didn't see that, but it's interesting. I sometimes wonder if there's "behind the scenes" chatter between players on different teams that we don't know about. Like maybe someone from BC texted someone from Winnipeg and was mouthing off earlier in the week.... that kinda thing....? Maybe? Unless it's just a response to the whole "Donut Boys" thing....

I didn't see what Jpan saw... but if true, there's no way it was over something this meaningless... Zach only goes off for something really egregious... maybe some trash talk said to him or cheap shots to him or a teammate...

last time I can recall Zach saying something publicly about an opponent is when he called out ****** Williams after the 2021 West final

1 hour ago, Jpan85 said:

Anyone else see after Lawlers TD Zack turn to the Lions bench and say something to them.

He always chirps the Lions. They were the first CFL team to sign him, but they released him before he ever played a game for them. He plays with a big chip on his shoulder and lets them know what they missed out on every time. Love it.

Oops, thought we were talking about Lawler. Zach does chirp the odd time too. Love it. Love the fire.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

Hate reading all the whiny comments from Lions fans that it was a short week. Last year we played in Toronto week 4 and then played in BC 5 days later and slaughtered them. Had two days of travel and I think one day of practice? We also played 10 straight before getting a bye week last year. Yeah the CFL schedule sucks and is full of quarks but good teams manage it properly. 

5 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Hate reading all the whiny comments from Lions fans that it was a short week. Last year we played in Toronto week 4 and then played in BC 5 days later and slaughtered them. Had two days of travel and I think one day of practice? We also played 10 straight before getting a bye week last year. Yeah the CFL schedule sucks and is full of quarks but good teams manage it properly. 

Yeah if they can't handle the travel they better move the team I guess.

8 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Last July, we played them on a short week. Similar circumstances...Nathan Rourke ripping up the league and many suggesting BC had surpassed us. Moral of the story BC fans? We beat you from pillar to post...43-22. Short week is no excuse if you are truly the better team. We creamed your team last year on the short week because we were the better team. If the Lions were the better team this year, they would have found a way to at the very least be competitive yesterday.

22 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Bombers give notice to the league. Check. Walleye biting like crazy..33 so far today. Check. Just need the Riders to lose, preferably in heartbreaking fashion, and my August long checklist is rounded out.

Walleye? Did you mean Pickerel? It appears there might be a Roughriders fan who's spying on our board!

3 hours ago, Booch said:

I really want him to succeed. Kind of baffling how he’s fallen out of favour. 

1 hour ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

He always chirps the Lions. They were the first CFL team to sign him, but they released him before he ever played a game for them. He plays with a big chip on his shoulder and lets them know what they missed out on every time. Love it.

Oops, thought we were talking about Lawler. Zach does chirp the odd time too. Love it. Love the fire.

I noticed Rose talking lots of smack most of the night.

39 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

I'm glad Oshea and the players never bring up any excuses.

2 hours ago, Booch said:

Pretty sure will see McRae on injury report this week...with knee issue...well labeled lower body likely...he escaped what looked like a serious injury on that play around 12 min mark on that incomplete pass to him he had to go up high and get

Parker in for gmc would be fantastic. Though I’d prefer he start at Sam and return punts while some one else returns kicks. Then we could use a di on fox