Ponies @ Fort Hew (#DefendTheFort): The MahFaggin GDT

Noeller

35 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Yep, he absolutely was.  I was just looking at the pieces we picked up in 2015/2016 to really turn things around and adding the guys who would be our OL for years to come.  Neufeld was the only other piece here at that time but he was spending more time on the IR then on the field at that point.

When Goossen got here in 2014, our OL was not exactly filled with future HOF candidates... it's no wonder our QB's took a beating back then!

• Jace Daniels
  • Chris Greaves
  • Gord Hinse
  • Cordaro Howard
  • Glen January
  • Jarvis Jones
  • Dan Knapp
  • Steve Morley
  • Pat Neufeld
  • Paul Swiston
  • Devin Tyler

Oof that is a hideous roster of ol. 

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

Don't forget Mathias Goossen... he was also a critical part of the OL turn around

based on his instagram account, he appears to be Vegas based and was involved with the Knights cup run... not coincidentally, Gary Lawless was at the game on Friday... he's likely the guy that got the side sides together 

On his website you can see pics of him at Jets games and at Moose games. He gets around. According to the article he is Ottawa born and still seems to call it home.

8 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

On his website you can see pics of him at Jets games and at Moose games. He gets around. According to the article he is Ottawa born and still seems to call it home.

I might be crazy but didn’t he retire to be a cop or firefighter in bc or some thing? Am I thinking of some one else maybe? 

4 hours ago, JCon said:

Honestly, some of the spots are getting tired.

the best spot I've ever seen was the dance cam at the Seattle T-Birds games. 

I was too cool to dance for the camera and then I learned the dance cam winner got to ride the zamboni during second intermission.

If I'd only know.  I would've busted some epic moves to get to ride in ice pope style.

55 minutes ago, johnzo said:

the best spot I've ever seen was the dance cam at the Seattle T-Birds games. 

I was too cool to dance for the camera and then I learned the dance cam winner got to ride the zamboni during second intermission.

If I'd only know.  I would've busted some epic moves to get to ride in ice pope style.

The Moose do a Floss Cam, sponsored by the MB Dental Association. My son won and electric toothbrush, paste, mouthwash and of course dental floss. 

9 hours ago, Rod Black said:

I experienced my first “first down” chant in Jacksonville years before seeing it at a bomber game. The wave, happened in B.C. Before here. Yelling go Steelers at a bomber game, I’d agree, is goofy. 
saw two rough rider clad broads fighting in the old stadium. I cheered for the “Blondie”.

I saw my first "first down" chant at a Minnesota Gold Gopher/Michigan State football game in October 2001.  The GG's would get a first down, and the announcer would go "that's another Golden Gopher...." and the crowd would yell "FIRST DOWN!!"  Kept everyone engaged for sure.  Glad the Bombers finally adopted it.

As a side note - it was weird to travel to the US at that time as the flight from Calgary to Minneapolis was abnormally really quiet; everyone was so down after 9/11 and no one really felt like talking or laughing.  Then I got to Minneapolis and there were full on army guys running around with machine guns in the airport.  Crazy times.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

On 2023-07-10 at 1:09 PM, Pepper_Brooks said:

Forget the hype guy, the kiss cam is the ultimate crowd-engager! It's all about love, laughs, and creating unforgettable moments. And for fans in Saskatchewan, it's the perfect opportunity to steal a smooch from their special sibling and make the stadium roar with delight! 

Ok.son of nate 

On 2023-07-10 at 2:56 PM, JCon said:

Yes, Goosen became a cop in Surrey, I believe. 

The dancing guy is from Ottawa. 

Ok good to know I’m not that crazy lol thanks. 
 I don’t blame a guy for not wanting to play till the ruin of his body. Wonder how he feels about it. My old fat ass still wishes I could play one more game semi frequently. 

3 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Didn’t notice this little gem during the game. I’m becoming a huge Lawson fan. 

He’s a beast. Best trade we’ve made in a while. 

You know for over a year I thought Lawson was African American. Should have seen the look on my face when I realized he's whiter than me 

Was there another Lawson in the CFL who was cuz I feel dumb thinking it was our guy  

Edited by Goalie

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

You know for over a year I thought Lawson was African American. Should have seen the look on my face when I realized he's whiter than me 

Was there another Lawson in the CFL who was cuz I feel dumb thinking it was our guy  

Not that I know of. That is pretty funny though lol. 

4 minutes ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

At some point, it will be necessary for someone to provide an explanation about the identity of this individual called Nate. I've come across this name on multiple occasions. Is it better or worse than being accused of being a robot 😅

Nate is the proverbial, ethereal, legend - the diamond in the smooth.  There really is no Chat GPT - there are only the adjectives that Nate allows to live.

45 minutes ago, Goalie said:

For me, exact opposite about Ricky Walker. Not that it matters one iota, just for whatever reason that's what I had in my head.

Also, love love love "Maier McCheese" and so glad it's taking off. Huge ups to whoever it was that started that.

11 minutes ago, Noeller said:

For me, exact opposite about Ricky Walker. Not that it matters one iota, just for whatever reason that's what I had in my head.

Also, love love love "Maier McCheese" and so glad it's taking off. Huge ups to whoever it was that started that.

Some one needs a maier mccheese stamps jersey made if we end up hosting them in the play offs. Start a go fund me or some thing lol I’ll kick in. 

11 hours ago, Noeller said:

I’m proud to take credit for that one. 

13 hours ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

At some point, it will be necessary for someone to provide an explanation about the identity of this individual called Nate. I've come across this name on multiple occasions. Is it better or worse than being accused of being a robot 😅

Nate the great....a legend in his own mind....Used to infest a lot of CFL boards with his narcisstic charm....The challenge for a brawl, still stands between him and former CEO and pres. of the Bombers Lyle Bauer....Used to own a book shop on Osborne at one time and claims he's really well read.....The fight between him and Lyle would have went something like this.....Nate throwing a book at Bauer and then running like hell