Ponies @ Fort Hew (#DefendTheFort): The MahFaggin GDT

Noeller

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

If he wasn’t going to possibly report they would’ve just cut him. It was yet another immigration issue. 
 You mean like we have with a bunch of guys from sayles to walker to Habba? Dl do not get adjustment periods in the cfl they get thrown in pretty much right away. Even going back to guys like stove poop Bryant we’ve always thrown guys in. 
 If you have the physical tool set and a fraction of a brain you can pretty much step in at dl in the cfl. It’s the easiest position to transition. That at rb. 
 He’s pretty much same boat as fox and Middleton. For that we could bring back Thomas too. 

Don't know if the deal is doable, but Kongbo is still the odd man out in Hamilton.

13 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

Watching Desjarlais tonight makes me wish we could have brought him back after his NFL stint .. money aside both he and Couture were such a huge loss for this team and you see it with our interior line play.

I really don't think it's a huge dropoff from Couture to Kola, but Desjarlais is an upgrade from every guard in the league. And he's being paid Tackle dollars. Not that he isn't worth it, but you just can't budget for that.

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I really don't think it's a huge dropoff from Couture to Kola, but Desjarlais is an upgrade from every guard in the league. And he's being paid Tackle dollars. Not that he isn't worth it, but you just can't budget for that.

Kolo is adequate at best...probably average and in bottom teir of centers..hoping Eli takes over sooner than later and would help our line bigtime

Dobson ain't a center and wouldn't trust his snaps consistently 

They've been loyal to that OL group so far, talking guys like Neufeld and Hardrick.  A more cutthroat approach might have jumped at Desjarlais and moved on from both of those guys, go with a younger import at tackle or shuffle Gray over to tackle, Dobson in to RG.

Will be interesting to see how far that loyalty goes as the level of play declines.  They basically have replacements for guard and tackle in house with Dobson and Richmond.

59 minutes ago, Noeller said:

It is. But much more so in a cerebral captain of the ol kind of way. 

1 hour ago, voodoochylde said:

Watching Desjarlais tonight makes me wish we could have brought him back after his NFL stint .. money aside both he and Couture were such a huge loss for this team and you see it with our interior line play.

If we had drew Eli and Dobson with gray the ol would perform a lot differently. we’d also be set for the distant future. 

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

Don't know if the deal is doable, but Kongbo is still the odd man out in Hamilton.

Not the dt we need but man he would be a massive upgrade over Bennett. Good on teams too. 

17 hours ago, voodoochylde said:

I hope Drew's enjoying his time with Ottawa. Count yer loonies while lying back on the couch, kid cuz with that team you'll never win another championship. If he's in it for the money then he's happy. If he's in it to win then he's miserable. 

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I hope Drew's enjoying his time with Ottawa. Count yer loonies while lying back on the couch, kid cuz with that team you'll never win another championship. If he's in it for the money then he's happy. If he's in it to win then he's miserable. 

I mean I'm sure plenty of people said that about Bryant when he joined the Bombers. This is the CFL, turn arounds happen quickly.

36 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

That’s true but the ol turn around was not quick here even with Bryant. 

I don't think it was that long... Wasn't over the course of one off-season but it wasn't like 3-4 years either.

His 1st season with us (2015) was our last losing season but in year two, the pieces to rebuild the OL were in place (Stan, Yoshi, Neufeld, Couture, Chungh). 

Depth is what probably took the longest to build (and keeping Neufeld healthy).

56 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

I don't think it was that long... Wasn't over the course of one off-season but it wasn't like 3-4 years either.

His 1st season with us (2015) was our last losing season but in year two, the pieces to rebuild the OL were in place (Stan, Yoshi, Neufeld, Couture, Chungh). 

Fun Fact: Our lone OLine CFL all star for 2016 was Travis Bond

15 hours ago, bigg jay said:

It was about 2.5 years before bond moved our line solidified and we went from 10+ pressures or worse to 3 or less. Before that we went through a ton of different iterations. Can’t forget hardrick struggling at guard on his early time here. 

14 hours ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Fun Fact: Our lone OLine CFL all star for 2016 was Travis Bond

bond was a monster here and at guard in general. Just few teams allocate an imp roster spot to G any more. 

The in stadium camera had this chap on the scoreboard video feed at least 4 times during the game on Friday. I’m guessing he is employed by the Bombers. He was entertaining. Reminded my of the ‘80’s when B.C. had “Crazy George” as the enthusiastic zealous fan. 
https://twitter.com/raybennysports/status/1678411535998242820?s=61&t=_stQ2xKaj3IiEFd7rNK7jg

2 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

The in stadium camera had this chap on the scoreboard video feed at least 4 times during the game on Friday. I’m guessing he is employed by the Bombers. He was entertaining. Reminded my of the ‘80’s when B.C. had “Crazy George” as the enthusiastic zealous fan. 
https://twitter.com/raybennysports/status/1678411535998242820?s=61&t=_stQ2xKaj3IiEFd7rNK7jg

Especially his first hit when no one knew what was happening and he was just dancing like. Mutha F’er. Starts ripping his shirt off and then another and another. Was a pretty awesome bit in the stands. 

2 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

He was hired for the game but is not an employee of the team.  His name is Cameron Hughes and his job is to pump up crowds at sporting events.

www.cameronhughes.tv