Game Day Thread - Lions @ Bombers. Week 3

JCon

7 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Is there a shred of evidence that Collaros is ineffective when working from the pocket? That's a curious thing to say. Yes, we know he can be effective when scrambling and throwing on the run, but if Collaros is able to sit back in the pocket and pick and choose his spots...... he will absolutely slaughter you. 

he's very effective in the pocket.....thinking that keeping him there in a chance to win is just chatter.....he will beat you...It's just with his group of receivers, and their skill of getting to spots, and both them and ZC knowing where they are gonna go....due to basically 4 yrs all together makes him lethal outside the pocket

28 minutes ago, ddanger said:

It was interesting last game that Pigrome didn't see the field at all. I'm wondering if they are spending extra time developing him...slowly. Perhaps we see him tonight. Would be nice not to have Brown not doing the short yardage stuff.

Sure hope so, time to unveil Piggy to the rest of the league and get the party started.  Expecting this to be a statement game like they served Rourke and the Lions early last season, being a home game makes it all that much better.  Letting all pretenders know, that's exactly what they are.  The only way V.A. performs above expectations is if he's given too much time to process, got to get after him.

11 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Opportunity for Daramy-Swaray to steal the short-side corner spot. Pretty sure VAJ will test that corner ADS will be up against Lucky. I think he can go toe-to-toe against Lucky. He is a legit kick returner too. 

yup...excited to see what he can do.....he's pretty versatile as well...so be good to get him some reps against live bullets

14 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

lol...of course they do. Your GO LIONS hanky says so.  Lions are going to be scrapping for a playoff spot.

Scrapping for a playoff spot? LOL You're still floating your stupid theory that I'm actually a Lions fan. I'm not even on lion backers for dogs sake. 

10 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Is there a shred of evidence that Collaros is ineffective when working from the pocket? That's a curious thing to say. Yes, we know he can be effective when scrambling and throwing on the run, but if Collaros is able to sit back in the pocket and pick and choose his spots...... he will absolutely slaughter you. 

Both BC and Toronto tried to keep Collaros in the pocket during the playoffs last year. It worked pretty well too. BC almost beat us with a one legged QB and Toronto did beat us in the GC. 

IMO Collaros is at his best when rolling out and making things happen. 

3 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Scrapping for a playoff spot? LOL You're still floating your stupid theory that I'm actually a Lions fan. I'm not even on lion backers for dogs sake. 

Both BC and Toronto tried to keep Collaros in the pocket during the playoffs last year. It worked pretty well too. BC almost beat us with a one legged QB and Toronto did beat us in the GC. 

The key is getting pressure and containing. If they contain but don't get pressure it won't matter. The trick with Collaros is doing both, not just one. 

6 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Can be said tho that T.O barely beat a team with a one-legged QB as thats what ZC was, and really from my info shouldn't even have played...Only reason he did was because it was the Grey Cup..

But I also agree...when he out on the run...he's just flat out deadly

2 minutes ago, BattleLevel said:

If the Bombers consistently get pressure with their front four, this game will be sewn up quickly. I don't see VAj being able to pick apart the Bombers on the run. 

and he will throw picks...I see 2 today minimum....And I have a feeling Swaray grabs one....complete with huge return on it

1 minute ago, Bigblue204 said:

The key is getting pressure and containing. If they contain but don't get pressure it won't matter. The trick with Collaros is doing both, not just one. 

I hope Zach was given the message, no more running upfield, too many players out there to trust one of them won't eventually try to take his head off in exchange for a 15 yd. penalty.  On the handful of times he ran the ball last season, first time he was concussed and the last time he injured his leg in the W.F. which led to a poor G.C. performance which they lost.

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

Can be said tho that T.O barely beat a team with a one-legged QB as thats what ZC was, and really from my info shouldn't even have played...Only reason he did was because it was the Grey Cup..

Sure, I'd agree with that. 

21 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Yes, scrapping for a playoff spot. I see the RIders as being better than the Lions and them in a dead heat with Calgary in terms of quality of team.

19 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

I hope Zach was given the message, no more running upfield, too many players out there to trust one of them won't eventually try to take his head off in exchange for a 15 yd. penalty.  On the handful of times he ran the ball last season, first time he was concussed and the last time he injured his leg in the W.F. which led to a poor G.C. performance which they lost.

Extremely important statement.

Protect ZC at all costs from his doing and from his players doing.  

11 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Collaros is good enough he can beat you from the pocket or outside of it. You want to beat him the  you gotta dominate his OL and give him no time. Good luck. 

Yup but even so better clamp down on the quick slants to Shoen and company.

Gonna be pretty hard for anyone to dominate our O-line this yr...they have come out like gangbusters this yr, and are it looks like in late season form...Last yr they were a bit shaky and took some time...not to mention beat up with injuries pretty much all yr, and we still went 15-3....I think this yr is gonna be one of those epic yrs on offence you see once in a blue moon...much like that defense we had in 2021

7 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

I edited original post about *twins

Tough crowd 😶

welcome back.... your posts are appreciated, 😀

yeah very tough crowd for sure.

content, sources, grammar, spelling, math, they  check all of it here. 

Edited by Mark F

18 minutes ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

Facebook's cesspool is absolutely livid about the pride coloured logo this week. Glad I was introduced to this forum to vent and talk shop. Word on the street is that triggered folks who get offended by the spectrum of light and inclusivity, might be giving away their season tickets.

Ugh. After you said this, I had to go look.

Obviously, present company excluded, football fans don't always represent the best and brightest of society.