Game Day Thread - Lions @ Bombers. Week 3

JCon

48 minutes ago, Booch said:

Gonna be pretty hard for anyone to dominate our O-line this yr...they have come out like gangbusters this yr, and are it looks like in late season form...Last yr they were a bit shaky and took some time...not to mention beat up with injuries pretty much all yr, and we still went 15-3....I think this yr is gonna be one of those epic yrs on offence you see once in a blue moon...much like that defense we had in 2021

Just ridiculous how good they look this early. Way better than last season IMO. Collaros has barely been touched thus far.

1 hour ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

Facebook's cesspool is absolutely livid about the pride coloured logo this week. Glad I was introduced to this forum to vent and talk shop. Word on the street is that triggered folks who get offended by the spectrum of light and inclusivity, might be giving away their season tickets.

Well I'll take them along with any stray Bud Lights that are offending them too.

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

Ugh. After you said this, I had to go look.

Obviously, present company excluded, football fans don't always represent the best and brightest of society. 

Screw them....they are just making football and beer cheaper for the rest of us and somehow trying to claim victory.

Edited by GCn20

Bc has talent, they have a pretty good roster. A roster with enough talent to win games. If VAJ is on his game and can keep his emotions in check, he will make plays on us. 

The Bc defence is riding high after a 0 last week. Sask. made a game of it until we pulled away at the end, I would expect BC to make a game of it today.

However, I still see us as the better team and history says we are pretty darn good at home lately.....

GO BLUE

4 minutes ago, 3rdand1.5 said:

Bc has talent, they have a pretty good roster. A roster with enough talent to win games. If VAJ is on his game and can keep his emotions in check, he will make plays on us. 

The Bc defence is riding high after a 0 last week. Sask. made a game of it until we pulled away at the end, I would expect BC to make a game of it today.

However, I still see us as the better team and history says we are pretty darn good at home lately.....

GO BLUE

Yeah BC have performed better this season so far than I thought they would. We are the best in the league and the best in the West but they are not way far behind us. Will be a tough one and we cannot take them lightly, but I think our home advantage will continue to show itself and we will go to 3-0.

From this I infer that Oliveira is good to go tonight. If he wasn't they probably would have added RB Greg McCrae to the roster. Adding Fox gets the Bombers to the 45-man limit. I believe official word isn't due until 7pm. #Bombers #Lions #CFL
Quote Tweet

Derek Taylor

@DTonOB
·
7m
Bombers announce they've added DT Miles Fox to the roster for tonight's game. #Bombers #Lions #CFL

4 hours ago, Noeller said:

Is there a shred of evidence that Collaros is ineffective when working from the pocket? That's a curious thing to say. Yes, we know he can be effective when scrambling and throwing on the run, but if Collaros is able to sit back in the pocket and pick and choose his spots...... he will absolutely slaughter you. 

Nah. He’s as good standing in the pocket and tossing it as he is on the run. With this ol collaros hasn’t seen a ton of hits sacks or pressures. 

1 minute ago, Booch said:

thank christ they added Fox....going that thin could have been disaster, and I'm sure he is extra amped

I expect tosee a few extra pages of the playbook opened up tonight...some misdirection stuff, some versions of the sweep...

Qft very fortunate if Brady is good to go. 

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Just ridiculous how good they look this early. Way better than last season IMO. Collaros has barely been touched thus far.

Ya had to put that out there................................................................retraction and cancellation of comment needed

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

not sure about his thorax but I would kill to have his jejunum...I hear its other worldly 

I'll just take his age.........................

1 hour ago, DTonOB said:

Bombers announce they're adding Miles Fox to the roster for tonight. To me that's gotta mean Oliveira is playing.

💪🏼💪🏼💪🏼 
Hope Oliveira is good to go. They have other options though if Oliveira is not playing. 

Out: RB Oliveira, WR Agudosi
In: WR Murphy (backup), RB McRae (backup)

We go 3-Canadian receivers with Orange as the 3rd (backed up by Murphy, McRae get some touches as a RB or SB too).
Not the best but it's a lot better than taking Fox out and weaken the middle of our DLine. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.