Blue Bombers - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

again, as has been mentioned ad nauseum, the new info is that both Walters and Steinauer (no H, folks... put some respect on an all time CFL great) have family obligations that are requiring a change in both their work lives. I trust JBR. 

So he has already lined something up with Hamilton?  Sounds like tampering. 

11 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah Noeller is off his rocker. All this is speculation at best he is treating as fact.

He's mentally trying to prepare himself for the worst to happen because Walters isn't publicly signed yet.

It's fine. But you definitely don't need to repeatedly argue on behalf of conjecture as if it's actually fact.

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

It's not a take if it is fact.     Feel free to DM me if you'd like to know more and I'll be happy to share from my real life experiences.           

I am not disputing your info. I am just commenting on your... you know what, never mind- you're not picking up what I am putting down,  we can just leave it at that.

Based on some very real information...the other half of which is still quite likely (Steinauer has been wanting out for a couple of years and only staying for Caretaker Bob's sake... But family reasons have him leaving this offseason amid a major shake up in Ham)

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah Noeller is off his rocker. All this is speculation at best he is treating as fact.

He is definitely putting a lot of trust in it. 

46 minutes ago, Jesse said:

He's mentally trying to prepare himself for the worst to happen because Walters isn't publicly signed yet.

It's fine. But you definitely don't need to repeatedly argue on behalf of conjecture as if it's actually fact.

I think preparing for the worst is a big factor.  

9 hours ago, Noeller said:

It's not me... It was JBR, who does have credible info, and I choose to believe him. It's not about money. It's about family changes.

I think the uncertainty is making you want to just rip the bandaid off, my friend. 

Edited by Geebrr

58 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I could see Walters wanting to scale back but his kids are also in high school, That's a tough age to move. Why leave your job to go do the same job somewhere else and uproot your children? 

Yup. Same job. Same money. Abandon the franchise you’ve built from the ground up at the peak of their success right before a home Grey Cup to move to a less successful franchise.

Where do I sign, right?

On 2023-11-07 at 2:26 PM, Brandon said:

Some are and some really are not.   I've been to reserves in which the amount of garbage and waste thrown around everywhere is eye opening.       Picture a really bad episode of  Hoarders... but with the garbage outside of the house.  

That’s an apt description of the reserve down the highway from my small town. The way some treat their dogs is despicable. When they tire of them they drive them into town, drop them off and assume someone will take them in. 

Fortunately, more often than not, they’re right. It’s how I wound up with the one I have now. 

One might think that some of the support they receive could be used for spaying and neutering. 

10 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

But...but...that's MY thing! Noeller, why?! 😈

Having a subconscious that keeps insisting that the glass is half-empty is helpful as it can protect you by preparation. It just works for some of us.

9 hours ago, bustamente said:

I wont believe anything until I hear it from the horses mouth

Agree. And until then, there's at least one really big game to be concerned about.

Let the off-season musical chairs worry about itself.

11 hours ago, Noeller said:

Based on some very real information...the other half of which is still quite likely (Steinauer has been wanting out for a couple of years and only staying for Caretaker Bob's sake... But family reasons have him leaving this offseason amid a major shake up in Ham)

He was real close to taking a good d1 job a while ago.

The pros are where the ultimate prestige is, but college is easily the best actual deal for coaches. 

Nothing I have heard out of the mouth of Steinauer this offseason even hints at the possibility he is thinking about leaving. He has made a ton of comments about "next year" and "moving forward" already. If caretaker Bob were going to can him he would have probably done so already. None of that guarantees that Walters is staying with us, but if he leaves it won't be to Hamilton imo. 

1 hour ago, coach17 said:

I just want to know who JBR is. These modern abbreviations for everything  drive me crazy. I can at least google when terms like OMG or LOL are used but names take much more research. I guess I'm just to old and not with the times.

Since when are initials considered modern?  JBR are the initials for a user name on this board not an actual person (sort of anyway).  Just scroll back 5-6 pages (before this whole thing took off) and you'll find it.

22 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Since when are initials considered modern?  JBR are the initials for a user name on this board not an actual person (sort of anyway).  Just scroll back 5-6 pages (before this whole thing took off) and you'll find it.

And has been consistently one of the most intelligent, well spoken and knowledgeable posters on CFL message boards going back to the early days of OB.com. He's more than earned my trust and respect.