Blue Bombers - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

5 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

No, there is not that big of a difference. It's less likely but at all impossible. Sorry, do not want derail this thread.

All the worlds difference. Go to a farm and put your hand in a pig pen. Look at the people who are life king pig farmers and count fingers. Genetically there is nearly no difference from dogs to wolves. It’s all different socializing and training. Pigs are far further from dogs than dogs are from wolves too. 

19 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

All the worlds difference. Go to a farm and put your hand in a pig pen. Look at the people who are life king pig farmers and count fingers. Genetically there is nearly no difference from dogs to wolves. It’s all different socializing and training. Pigs are far further from dogs than dogs are from wolves too. 

I spent the better part of a decade working in a pig barn, including large breeding animals.  Some are aggressive, some aren't. My fingers are all intact.

14 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Are you disparaging bacon?  Sounds like you're disparaging bacon!  I can not get behind this line of thinking.

16 hours ago, Noeller said:

again, just something I heard from an indigenous musician in Manitoba that I'm friendly with. I was as surprised as you all to hear that take....

He's not completely wrong. Some domesticated dogs such as huskies have been known to go feral and join wolf packs. However, they are ripped apart and killed just as often too. Letting stray dogs just go is just a very, very bad idea though. They starve, they get desperate, they pack up, and they get nasty.

13 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I believe they have to be surrendered or requested when he’s in the area. I don’t think he’s going on private property un solicited and caging peoples neglected dogs. 

to be fair domesticated for farming meat and domesticated into a household pet is a huge difference. Add in that dogs have been domesticated as companions back 14-35k bce, and you have a very different situation. 

Animal rescuers can go onto anyone's property and take any untied dog on a reserve with permission of band council.  Same way band constables will shoot any untied dog during dog days.

Wondering the accuracy of (below) and how this might impact the rumour of Walters move to Steeltown?

PLh3JlMS_normal.jpg

#Ticats pushing limit of their football ops budget, so to provide Milanovich w/ compensation presumably required to keep him here, they’d have to shave salary at other spots. That likely comes anyway since the team has gone 8-10 in back-to-back seasons - #CFLCFL_GreyCup_2023_CA.png

4 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Wondering the accuracy of (below) and how this might impact the rumour of Walters move to Steeltown?

PLh3JlMS_normal.jpg

#Ticats pushing limit of their football ops budget, so to provide Milanovich w/ compensation presumably required to keep him here, they’d have to shave salary at other spots. That likely comes anyway since the team has gone 8-10 in back-to-back seasons - #CFLCFL_GreyCup_2023_CA.png

It's going to be tough to keep Milanovich. There are HC gigs available, and he has to be top of the list for those. 

10 minutes ago, JCon said:

It's going to be tough to keep Milanovich. There are HC gigs available, and he has to be top of the list for those. 

I have no issues with a guy who has a sub .500 coaching record after 90 games going to a rival...have at er"

On 2023-11-06 at 1:23 PM, Stickem said:

yeah....indigenous peoples are always close to nature and have a different slant on things....

Some are and some really are not.   I've been to reserves in which the amount of garbage and waste thrown around everywhere is eye opening.       Picture a really bad episode of  Hoarders... but with the garbage outside of the house.  

On 2023-11-07 at 11:10 AM, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

PLh3JlMS_normal.jpg

Walters is not going to Steeltown unless they fire Steinhauer.

22 hours ago, Brandon said:

Some are and some really are not.   I've been to reserves in which the amount of garbage and waste thrown around everywhere is eye opening.       Picture a really bad episode of  Hoarders... but with the garbage outside of the house.  

That's true. However, having no vehicle, and no garbage pickup kind of makes that unavoidable. Like most areas of abject poverty garbage piles up due to lack of resources for getting rid of it.

On 11/7/2023 at 11:10 AM, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

PLh3JlMS_normal.jpg

Where is the credible rumour of Walters to Hamilton? 

58 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Trust JBR.... He knows what's up. Steinauer wants out. Big shake up coming in the Hammer this offseason.

Yeah - I will need more than that. 

4 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Don't see it happening. Where would Steinhauer go to get a better gig than what he has right now. Not buying it.

Exactly. Also , why would Walters want to leave? We hear this every time one of their contracts come up. 

I am more inclined to believe Walters may take Wade’s job than go somewhere else. 

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

Agree.

And I would be shocked to see Walters walk before Grey Cup '25. He's signing at least one more deal with Winnipeg.

Don't see it happening, Wade knows what's best for the team and allowing Walters to walk away isn't something he would take as inevitable because of salary constraints.   He'll retain him even if he has to use curvy math and manilla envelopes to make it work.

On 2023-11-07 at 2:26 PM, Brandon said:

This is an interesting take on a basically throw away comment. Its noteworthy (unlike the sentence you are commenting on) that you'd chime in with that "slant".

2 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Don't see it happening. Where would Steinhauer go to get a better gig than what he has right now. Not buying it.

again, as has been mentioned ad nauseum, the new info is that both Walters and Steinauer (no H, folks... put some respect on an all time CFL great) have family obligations that are requiring a change in both their work lives. I trust JBR. 

1 hour ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

This is an interesting take on a basically throw away comment. Its noteworthy (unlike the sentence you are commenting on) that you'd chime in with that "slant".

It's not a take if it is fact.     Feel free to DM me if you'd like to know more and I'll be happy to share from my real life experiences.