Blue Bombers - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

12 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Thank dog the ref made a terrible spot on VAJ's 2nd down scramble or we'd be looking up at first place right now. 

I still want to know why they marked it where they did. Was it something we missed or was it an error on their part? 

Also, if they got that 1st down, would it have guaranteed a win for the bc loins? 

18 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Thank dog the ref made a terrible spot on VAJ's 2nd down scramble or we'd be looking up at first place right now. 

Rachel Dratch Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

5 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

I still want to know why they marked it where they did. Was it something we missed or was it an error on their part? 

Also, if they got that 1st down, would it have guaranteed a win for the bc loins? 

I love the new nickname. BC Loins. Outstanding. 🙂

2 hours ago, Booch said:

Houston....and or Holm....Holm would be better at corner on wide side...It was Parkers job in camp before he got hurt whether most of you wanna believe it or not....and in my opinion....Swarmay should have actually been in over Houston...Fancy stats are nice and all....but there are a lot of holes in Houston's game

I had suggested Houston was over rated earlier this season in that he was always the guy getting beat on the big plays and while the ints were nice he was blowing 1 - 2 huge long plays per game.   At that point the majority of people on here disagreed and labelled him as one of the best in the league and possibly the best.       I'm curious if people still feel that way because I was getting a lot of heat back when I had said that. 

12 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I had suggested Houston was over rated earlier this season in that he was always the guy getting beat on the big plays and while the ints were nice he was blowing 1 - 2 huge long plays per game.   At that point the majority of people on here disagreed and labelled him as one of the best in the league and possibly the best.       I'm curious if people still feel that way because I was getting a lot of heat back when I had said that. 

and one of the worst tacklers on team....he a good etxra DB in my opinion but has too many holes to truly be a legit shut down guy...I'd rather we rolled with Rose and Lawrence if they insisted on keeping Parker on the pine...And still would like to see Lawrence on roster somehow...not sure our makeup will allow for that tho

12 minutes ago, Booch said:

and one of the worst tacklers on team....he a good etxra DB in my opinion but has too many holes to truly be a legit shut down guy...I'd rather we rolled with Rose and Lawrence if they insisted on keeping Parker on the pine...And still would like to see Lawrence on roster somehow...not sure our makeup will allow for that tho

I do think they still like Lawrence. He started the year and they kept him around. I doubt we've seen the last of him.

Just now, 17to85 said:

I do think they still like Lawrence. He started the year and they kept him around. I doubt we've seen the last of him.

Hope not....I'd like to see a Rose and Lawrence Corner duo for a game with Holm and Nichols, and Parker at SAM....Be our best all around group and a more physical one....

44 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

I never saw a replay (not that there were tons of angles shown) that showed VA reaching for the 1st down while still in bounds.  He definitely got there when he was out of bounds though.

Just now, blue85gold said:

I never saw a replay (not that there were tons of angles shown) that showed VA reaching for the 1st down while still in bounds.  He definitely got there when he was out of bounds though.

Yeah, that is what I thought on second glance. I thought he was out of bounds when he reached for the first down marker.

18 hours ago, BBlink said:

For me I like Jackson and Kelly. Not to say they deserve the award. I just think Jackson has done a lot for us and Kelly could have if he was given the opportunity. 

Kelly has really impressed me when he’s been on the field, just doesn’t have enough playing time to get put forward. I expect that Osh will thumb his nose at all of us and the team nominee will be Jackson. Possibly Bennett, definitely has shown the most growth  during the season. Haba probably the most talented of the bunch but again doesn’t have enough playing time to be viewed as much of an impact.

Overall a very sad list. 

18 hours ago, johnzo said:

Not really the place but I have first-hand knowledge of what it's like having a spouse go through chemo while having young kids at home. It's so incredibly draining on everyone and it feels endless. **** cancer! 

2 hours ago, GCJenks said:

Kelly has really impressed me when he’s been on the field, just doesn’t have enough playing time to get put forward. I expect that Osh will thumb his nose at all of us and the team nominee will be Jackson. Possibly Bennett, definitely has shown the most growth  during the season. Haba probably the most talented of the bunch but again doesn’t have enough playing time to be viewed as much of an impact.

Overall a very sad list. 

Kelly is impressive on teams...and since he been in...Hansen return....been a nice lil improvement...thats why that addition of Schmecklschmackle on a few occasions was even more bizzaee...as he had prob 10 useless reps combined in all his rostering...I don't care how hard he practices and whatnot...everyone should be doing that or be gone...

2 hours ago, Booch said:

Schmecklschmackle on a few occasions was even more bizzaee...as he had prob 10 useless reps combined in all his rostering...I don't care how hard he practices and whatnot...everyone should be doing that or be gone...

Well regardless of whether or not he is kept on the PR there us absolutely no reason to roster a guy who serves no purpose and takes no reps on game day. Just wasting a spot.