CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

2 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

O'Day receives a 3 year extension, no less.

Last week, I posted a local Regina media type said that O'Day wouldn't be fired by the Board. That he was close with the Rider Board members & thery didn't want to fire him. I also said that Dickenson would fall on his sword which he did. I could MAYBE.... understand a 1 year extension but THREE YEARS???? What a bunch of ****. I actually feel bad for Rider fans... Check that. No, I don't. Even a half empty stadium wasn't enough to scare the Board members into having O'Day replaced. We have a direct quote from Rider President Craig Reynolds...

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47ircalibpetohclf4m2

2 hours ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Not really sure what Buck would do. But I doubt he makes a move. I said it last year and will say it again. I’m pretty sure Miller, O’Shea and Walters have a natural succession plan. I’m sure O’Shea wants to set the new coaching record and only needs 10 more wins. So one more season (2 if we have a bad season next year) and then once he’s set the record he might take over for GM or CEO if he wants and promote Buck to HC. Seems pretty obvious. But maybe after he’s done setting records he moves on from the CFL all together. Who knows. 

O'Shea has no personnel or wcouting experience. If Walters were to leave (which we hope dos not happen) then Danny McManus or Ted Goveia takes over . You can't expect these 2 guys to do the grunt work scouting for years to not reward one of them with the GM position if Walters goes. 

1 hour ago, bigg jay said:

Only person willing to accept an interview with the Riders for the vacant HC job...

ballsy-sidelines_270492017-w.jpg?quality

15 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Michael Ball. Biggest D bag in what's left of the canadian sports media. 

Thats ballsy?

OMFG I thought he was at least... well not a classic looking dork.

I mean, he seemed to not lack in any sort of confidence on air... but man- that's a ******* beta omega male if ever I saw one... 

His on-persona is definitely overcompensating for something. 

36 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Thats ballsy?

OMFG I thought he was at least... well not a classic looking dork.

I mean, he seemed to not lack in any sort of confidence on air... but man- that's a ******* beta omega male if ever I saw one... 

His on-persona is definitely overcompensating for something. 

Hey now! Thems fightin words! 😂

WdECshX6_400x400.jpg

8 hours ago, do or die said:

Impressed by how quickly the Rider BOD got that extension done..

After all...0-14 after Labour Day, the past 2 seasons.....is a somewhat astonishing feat.

8 hours ago, do or die said:

Looks like they were scared someone else was going to grab him....Had to secure the man that was in tight with the 0-7 finishes....They just listed a bunch of prospects for head honcho....I wonder how many will show up for an interview when they know they'll be accountable to a perrenial loser....The saga continues

11 minutes ago, JCon said:

Milanovich is looking for a HC gig and there will not be many to choose from. Ottawa and Saskatchewan? Saskatchewan has to be a better landing spot despite having a terrible GM. 

Don't think Ottawa is making any changes... there was an article last week saying that Burke and Dyce will get at least one more year to try and turn it around.