CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

2 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

Hey now, the Royal Botanical Gardens are nothing to sniff at. That is probably the end of the list though.

There’s some wonderful little hole in the wall restaurants as well. 
Hamilton reminds me of Winnipeg actually, good and bad.
Blue collar town. Great food. Crappy roads. Discount stores all over the place. It smells funny. 

14 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Blue collar town. Great food. Crappy roads. Discount stores all over the place. It smells funny. 

My first time visiting Steel Town that's exactly what I said out loud to no one in particular.

54 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

My first time visiting Steel Town that's exactly what I said out loud to no one in particular.

I was literally driving down the QEW this past May... a stink hit me and I was "Whoa, WTF is that"... and as I said that, the sign "Welcome to Hamilton" came into view.

3 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I spent a long weekend there for Canadian Country Music Week in 2018 and it felt like all the worst parts of Winnipeg in one city. I couldn't find any nicer newer residential areas or something like the new box store areas around Sterling Lyon... it was just all old and run down. And yes, it smells. 

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I spent a long weekend there for Canadian Country Music Week in 2018 and it felt like all the worst parts of Winnipeg in one city. I couldn't find any nicer newer residential areas or something like the new box store areas around Sterling Lyon... it was just all old and run down. And yes, it smells. 

So do you......as we all do....Cmon.

a weird thing about 2023:

With the Riders, Stamps, and Elks all cratering this year, the CFL interconference record is 17-12 favoring the east.

Doesn't happen very often that the east is better than the west.

There's only three more interconference games left to play so "east wins" will be your final result.

Edited by johnzo

1 hour ago, johnzo said:

a weird thing about 2023:

With the Riders, Stamps, and Elks all cratering this year, the CFL interconference record is 17-12 favoring the east.

Doesn't happen very often that the east is better than the west.

There's only three more interconference games left to play so "east wins" will be your final result.

All it took was dazzling incompetence!

Edited by Fatty Liver

remember the dark days of 2013 when the Redblacks couldn't even find someone to draft from us?  (and I have no hard feelings towards Desjardins for pointing out the reality of the situation; our talent level was brutal then)

Now our cuts are immediately popping up on other clubs. 

why the hell did we cut ADS?  dude looked like a real asset.  Or was he a practice roster poaching? 

26 minutes ago, johnzo said:

why the hell did we cut ADS?  dude looked like a real asset.  Or was he a practice roster poaching? 

He was released on Oct5 along with a few others including Agudosi, The PR expands for 30 days following NFL cutdowns and I guess 30 days was up. He did play well for us I thought, still a younger guy that could maybe even improve

17 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

He was released on Oct5 along with a few others including Agudosi, The PR expands for 30 days following NFL cutdowns and I guess 30 days was up. He did play well for us I thought, still a younger guy that could maybe even improve

Was disappointed ADS was cut… showed a great closing speed and sure, physical tackling.  Felt he just needed more of an opportunity and could have been good for us like how Parker turned out.

On 2023-10-06 at 3:32 PM, JohnnyAbonny said:

If you want to experience hamilton without being there, go to the south perimeter and wait for a south wind to gently kiss off of Brady landfill.

A hell hole of great proportions.....Why would Walters want any part of that ,,,I say we'll get him on the dotted line....Osh and Kyle are like the dynamic duo...inseperable.....unless the delusionary dipsticks over there are going to try for a 2fer.....even though Mike O is under contract .......LOL

I just knew Agudosi and Swaray would get picked up...Talented and it's too bad we didn't have the room to keep them around....We must have other plans 

Edited by Stickem