CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

16 minutes ago, Jesse said:

He has many excuses for why he cost us the game. It’s understandable why he cost us the game…

...but he cost us the game.

Maybe if our all star running back didn't play like **** it wouldn't have been all on the arm of a guy making his first career start. That cost the game more than a qb in his first start. 

9 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Maybe if our all star running back didn't play like **** it wouldn't have been all on the arm of a guy making his first career start. That cost the game more than a qb in his first start. 

I think if your QB (literally) throws the game away, it doesn't matter what your RB does.

(Yes, Charlie should have played better).

Edited by Jesse

https://3downnation.com/2023/10/04/opinion-lions-vernon-adams-jr-should-be-m-o-p-frontrunner-entering-deciding-matchup/

it begins lol.
Vaj hasn’t complete 30 passes once this year he has 4 games with 1td or less. 5 game with as many picks as tds including the big ol 6 pick game. Of his 3 best performances 1 game was a loss and another was a near collapse. 4 games under 300 passing. And they didn’t miss a beat with out him winning both games by a combined 47-9. He’s been sacked 30 times this year. 

Zach also hasn’t completed 39 passes in a game. He has 3 games with 1 td or less. He has 4 games with as many picks as ints. Including the pick 6 games. Zach has 8 games under 300 this year. And we also failed ok with our Zach. Zach has been sacked 24 times  

kelly hasn’t completed more than 23 passes this year. He has 7 games with 1 td  or less. He has 6 games with as many picks as tds. He has 9 games under 300. Though he does have 8 rushing tds. Kelly has been sacked 9 times this year. 

if you swapped vaj and Kelly, both teams would have the same record. If you swapped collaros onto tor or bc, they would at worst be as good. Toronto I think would be much better. Vaj on the bombers would be comparable, Kelly I think would be screwed. 

None of these guys are markedly better, or deserving of a mop award. The real mop is Brady or defence  

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

https://3downnation.com/2023/10/04/opinion-lions-vernon-adams-jr-should-be-m-o-p-frontrunner-entering-deciding-matchup/

it begins lol.
Vaj hasn’t complete 30 passes once this year he has 4 games with 1td or less. 5 game with as many picks as tds including the big ol 6 pick game. Of his 3 best performances 1 game was a loss and another was a near collapse. 4 games under 300 passing. And they didn’t miss a beat with out him winning both games by a combined 47-9. He’s been sacked 30 times this year. 

Zach also hasn’t completed 39 passes in a game. He has 3 games with 1 td or less. He has 4 games with as many picks as ints. Including the pick 6 games. Zach has 8 games under 300 this year. And we also failed ok with our Zach. Zach has been sacked 24 times  

kelly hasn’t completed more than 23 passes this year. He has 7 games with 1 td  or less. He has 6 games with as many picks as tds. He has 9 games under 300. Though he does have 8 rushing tds. Kelly has been sacked 9 times this year. 

if you swapped vaj and Kelly, both teams would have the same record. If you swapped collaros onto tor or bc, they would at worst be as good. Toronto I think would be much better. Vaj on the bombers would be comparable, Kelly I think would be screwed. 

None of these guys are markedly better, or deserving of a mop award. The real mop is Brady or defence  

None of the top 3 have completed 30 passes in a game. 

We destroyed the Lions without VAJ. They destroyed us with him.

VAJ is the leader in yards thrown & rushing yards. 

VAJ is the only one of the top 3 with any 400+ yard games with 2.

Picks are a problem for VAJ but, he's not as bad as folks are making him out to be. One horrible game doesn't define the season unless it's a playoff game. VAJ - 16, Collaros - 14, Kelly - 11

VAJ should be in the MOP conversation.

3 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Brady is the MOP and the media needs to wake up and realize this rather than these false narratives about Collaros, Kelly and Adams.

agree....especially when you look at and compare what he has done, and is doing in regards to some of the best all-time Canadian RB's best seasons....to me it's a slam dunk

18 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Brady is the MOP and the media needs to wake up and realize this rather than these false narratives about Collaros, Kelly and Adams.

Then let's go show he's the MOP in the game that matters most.  Run the ball right down the Lions throats.  Let's see a Fred Reid-like performance like we saw in 2009.  

40 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

None of the top 3 have completed 30 passes in a game. 

We destroyed the Lions without VAJ. They destroyed us with him.

VAJ is the leader in yards thrown & rushing yards. 

VAJ is the only one of the top 3 with any 400+ yard games with 2.

Picks are a problem for VAJ but, he's not as bad as folks are making him out to be. One horrible game doesn't define the season unless it's a playoff game. VAJ - 16, Collaros - 14, Kelly - 11

Ok Farhan 

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

I don't disagree that he should be in the conversation but anointing him as the front runner is a bit of a stretch.  There's a case to be made for all MOP contenders and it's not limited to Adams, Kelly & Collaros either.  Brady should be in that conversation as well.

13 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

I don't disagree that he should be in the conversation but anointing him as the front runner is a bit of a stretch.  There's a case to be made for all MOP contenders and it's not limited to Adams, Kelly & Collaros either.  Brady should be in that conversation as well.

Have to see if Brady is first nominated for MOP on his own team, I think probably not.