CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

11 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

For most (but not all) professional athletes, limited chances are given to prove one's mettle.

Mayala has been god awful this season, and most of last season really.

21 hours ago, Booch said:

Samuel Eguavoen...now there is a guy worth grabbing...4 yrs in the League....no PR eligibility...and likely now too pricey for any team to sign as a back-up or role guy...I'd be in his agents ear in a heartbeat....

Eguaveon will likely play out the string in the waiting game and maybe, if he doesn't hang them up, come back to the league next year I would think. He bulked up a lot in the NFL. He would be a really intriguing possible replacement for Bighill if he chose to hang them up.

interesting point to note...all the yip yapping about BC and the "donut boys"....but Wpg has given up fewer offensive points than BC's defence, as well as fewest offensive TD's....funny how the buffoons on TSN fail to acknowledge that...also fewest opponents passing yards against....(as they hype BC secondary)......fewest first downs given up...best opponents completion percentage against...best opp pass efficiency....least amount of passing td's given up...we actually still in single digits (only team under 10)...lowest avg pass distance...1 off lead league in sacks...

I guess we are flying under the radar??...lol

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

interesting point to note...all the yip yapping about BC and the "donut boys"....but Wpg has given up fewer offensive points than BC's defence, as well as fewest offensive TD's....funny how the buffoons on TSN fail to acknowledge that...also fewest opponents passing yards against....(as they hype BC secondary)......fewest first downs given up...best opponents completion percentage against...best opp pass efficiency....least amount of passing td's given up...we actually still in single digits (only team under 10)...lowest avg pass distance...1 off lead league in sacks...

I guess we are flying under the radar??...lol

But tsn develops their talking points after a month of the season and never shall it change.

1 minute ago, Jesse said:

I mean, he's said time and time again he doesn't want to. Just has finally come to the realization he has no choice.

Facing reality and accepting that he can still be a big fish in a small pond is the best thing he could have done. Good for TOR and good for the CFL, we need QBs that can play

1 minute ago, MOBomberFan said:

Facing reality and accepting that he can still be a big fish in a small pond is the best thing he could have done. Good for TOR and good for the CFL, we need QBs that can play

Very much agree.

The year started pretty dismally for QBs, but there've been some positive flashes recently!

Surprised Kelly is not gonna try fa even cfl fa it is really good for the league though. Imo it’d be better if he wasn’t in a dead market but hey young good qb staying is good news. 
 I wonder how much he got? I can’t imagine it’s low. 

Argos probably pulling a bomber move handing out the remaining bonus cap money this year to reduce his cap hit next. 

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

he was there once...the last few games has been mom...dad...and I assume sister??....like who cares

Oh that is odd, my eyes glaze over during those segments, I must have assumed dad was actually Jim.

So TSN cameras can spot distant relations to relevant footballers in the crowd, but get faked out by RPO half the time. Oi.

29 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Surprised Kelly is not gonna try fa even cfl fa it is really good for the league though. Imo it’d be better if he wasn’t in a dead market but hey young good qb staying is good news. 
 I wonder how much he got? I can’t imagine it’s low. 

Argos probably pulling a bomber move handing out the remaining bonus cap money this year to reduce his cap hit next. 

He was adamant before coming to the CFL that he'd only play in Toronto. Edmonton originally had his rights.

3 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

Oh that is odd, my eyes glaze over during those segments, I must have assumed dad was actually Jim.

So TSN cameras can spot distant relations to relevant footballers in the crowd, but get faked out by RPO half the time. Oi.

hahaha....pretty much