2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)

Noeller

6 minutes ago, bluto said:

I didn't infer it.

I implied it.

But more correctly, I only stated that on the day of November 20, 2022, that Ryan Dinwiddie outcoached and out adjusted Michael MF'ing O'Shea.

Because it is true. It happened and we all watched it.

But like I also said, I'd far rather have Osh than Dinwiddie. And I was very critical of RD and frankly didn't think that he had it in him.

Respectfully, I never did that. And I take a lot of **** here and generally don't rise to it. You ought to see my block list.

But the "Fluke" narrative had to die.

And I've spoken my piece on that now, so I'll drop it.

fist bump GIF

9 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

Darnell Sankey off to the XFL

I thought this was a joke but nope!

https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/saskatchewan-roughriders-linebacker-darnell-sankey-signs-with-xfl-club-1.1919691

Darnell Sankey is heading to the XFL.

A CFL source said Wednesday that the veteran middle linebacker has signed with the Arlington Renegades of the XFL.

The source spoke on the condition of anonymity as the Renegades have yet to announce the move.

The six-foot-one, 245-pound Sankey became a CFL free agent Tuesday.

Sankey, 28, registered a CFL-leading 120 tackles last season, his first with the Saskatchewan Roughriders.

He posted a league-leading 98 tackles in 2021 with the Calgary Stampeders.

This report by The Canadian Press was first published Feb. 15, 2023.

Did not see that coming.

27 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Of course he was going to get taunted making comments like that....Would you just sit there and take it and not respond.....This isn't a 'turn the other cheek' sport

Again, the comment where he really went off was a response...he didn't initiate anything. He did not come on here and immediately start going off on how much better the argos were etc etc. If he had, I'd be all over bashing. But that's not what happened, like I said, he took a lot of comments in stride...better than I would have had the roles been reversed.

2 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Guys that teams would normally be able to get at a value because there were no other options.

I’m wondering if Bailey ends up being a guy who comes back here just because it’s that or the XFL/USFL for him. Seems like he may get caught in a situation where other teams don’t want to pay for the intangibles we appreciate from him. 

7 minutes ago, Mike said:

I’m wondering if Bailey ends up being a guy who comes back here just because it’s that or the XFL/USFL for him. Seems like he may get caught in a situation where other teams don’t want to pay for the intangibles we appreciate from him. 

He was apparently getting interest from Calgary, but it's apparent he's not getting the offers/opportunity that he might have expected (which surprises me, tbh).

Unless his agent is actually talking with other leagues and that's what's holding up the process. 

33 minutes ago, Mike said:

That makes sense. His intangibles might be hard to see from the perspective of someone outside the team. 

9 minutes ago, Noeller said:

not even a relatively massive payday (again, relatively...) could make him go back to Saskatchewan..... fair enough. 

But now probably making what...less than half of that now in XFL..even with exchange significant less...guess shows that SASK was gonna way over pay to keep, and no other team thought that even 160k for him was a worthy price....I can just imagine the premium they played for basically...Tier 2 at best free agent talent

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

You don't go on another team's board and start talking about how you beat them in the most recent 'Ship. I respect Bluto's contributions to the CFL online community as much as anyone, but his comments did not follow proper etiquette. They were cocky and uncalled for. The one Gapper poster that comes around here shows the right respect, surprisingly. 

This is a Bombers-specific fan site......cater your posts accordingly. 

I don't see why not- as long as it's done in a respectful way. 

One may not like it being brought up, but if it's done respectfully, it can open up a good discussion. 

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

But now probably making what...less than half of that now in XFL..even with exchange significant less...guess shows that SASK was gonna way over pay to keep, and no other team thought that even 160k for him was a worthy price....I can just imagine the premium they played for basically...Tier 2 at best free agent talent

XFL Season runs until May 13th, CFL Training Camp opens on May 16th. Wonder if some players are trying to double dip. I'm not sure the contract requirements in the XFL but I know players can dip if they get NFL offer, wonder if its a 2 year contract with an out or if its year to year with an option.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

. I don’t agree with the suggestion that we’re clearly the best team on paper

I don't see how though.... I mean OK let's say you like the Argos front 7 more (highly debatable since I think you are reading too much into age of these guys and some unfortunate injuries last season)... the Bombers offense is very clearly head and shoulders above the argos on paper and special teams who can really say but the argos biggest issue on teams is a kicker who sometimes goes on a mental walk about same as here. Overall the argos are not at winnipegs level. 

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I don't see how though.... I mean OK let's say you like the Argos front 7 more (highly debatable since I think you are reading too much into age of these guys and some unfortunate injuries last season)... the Bombers offense is very clearly head and shoulders above the argos on paper and special teams who can really say but the argos biggest issue on teams is a kicker who sometimes goes on a mental walk about same as here. Overall the argos are not at winnipegs level. 

The 15-3 Bombers who added the best receiver in the game aren’t the best team on paper? I mean fair enough @Mikeplease educate us on who you think the best team on “paper” is it the Toronto Argonauts who don’t have a starting QB currently? 

5 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

And Bighill and Jefferson. Probably a few guys you could add to this list. 

Lawler as well.

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

Lawler...Jeffcoat...Oliveira...Hardrick...Neufeld...off top my head

Demski

I would imagine Collaros probably could have gotten more $$$

Willie J too.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

6 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Just like to point out we haven’t even hit mini camp yet so the possibility that the roster isn’t exactly as we see it today. 

Much like Alford and Nichols taking 2 starting spots as rookies in 2021 

Yep. We could see some surprises. What I think is crazy is how we could potentially start the season with what we currently have. I've never seen a roster so complete before training camp.

People say we aging an old...but if you look at DB's for example....Darby is just 30...Rose and BA are 29....Nichols and Lawrence 28 and rest are 26 and under....lot of tread left right across the board...Not concerned at all, as for the 2020 era football player they are smack dab right in their prime years, or just entering them

Same with receiver...3 guys as it stands at 29...rest are in mid 20's....not an issue at all

as for oline...most dont hit their prime/best until 30....and we all know Bryant is still tops....as has the 2 other "old guys" Neuf and Hardrick at 34 and 32....save for Kolo rest are mid 20 somethings....perfect for an oline