Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season

Wideleft

8 minutes ago, JCon said:

Just pull up your bootstraps. 

LOL

1 hour ago, GCJenks said:

Thanks for keeping this up to date. Can you imagine what the Rider version looks like...

Just a string of random letters from the illiterati over there just mashing the keyboard randomly I would imagine. Assuming, of course, they could figure out how to turn on their laptop/computer/device in the first place.

19 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

Fixed and thanks.

It takes a community to raise an accurate roster status list.

No sweat. A pretty forgettable transaction and player.

Edited by GCn20

On 2023-02-08 at 2:32 PM, wbbfan said:

Full complement of draft picks. Been a while since we had that. 

Based on our depth across the board I think we basically pick the best player available through the draft. With perhaps a slight bias towards a receiver and defensive line.

I really need to wrap my head around the exact nuances of the new nationalized import rules.  The idea is that a nationalized import can sub in for an injured canadian starter. Does that mean that Bighill has no value as a nationalized import since he's already starting? Does it only have value when a designated import is a nationalized import?  Or can you essentially bring in any DI to replace Thomas if he gets injured so long as you have one or more nationalized imports on the starting defense?  

44 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

Based on our depth across the board I think we basically pick the best player available through the draft. With perhaps a slight bias towards a receiver and defensive line.

I really need to wrap my head around the exact nuances of the new nationalized import rules.  The idea is that a nationalized import can sub in for an injured canadian starter. Does that mean that Bighill has no value as a nationalized import since he's already starting? Does it only have value when a designated import is a nationalized import?  Or can you essentially bring in any DI to replace Thomas if he gets injured so long as you have one or more nationalized imports on the starting defense?  

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

this....can e a DI or a non starting import....you just switch one of the nationalized guys on offence....or defense ...whatever side of the ball the injury took place to a National to maintain your ratio....you still need to have the ratio maintained as to how you are going to use your nationals you as listed before the game...how many on offence and defense tho.

I like the rule...rewards teams for continuity, and improves the quality of the game

39 minutes ago, Booch said:

this....can e a DI or a non starting import....you just switch one of the nationalized guys on offence....or defense ...whatever side of the ball the injury took place to a National to maintain your ratio....you still need to have the ratio maintained as to how you are going to use your nationals you as listed before the game...how many on offence and defense tho.

I like the rule...rewards teams for continuity, and improves the quality of the game

Bombers should hire me to play on the defensive line. Pretty sure id get hurt on the first play of the game.

4 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

Chris Jones is going to abuse the **** out of this... and then the league will remove the rule, and we collective say, "this is why we can't have nice things... **** you Corky and take your juice pigs home..."

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy

3 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Looks like the Bombers reworked Brandon Alexander's contract according to the CFL transactions page.

My guess is he got a bump in salary as he only made 77k last season.

good for him... worth every penny. If he and Kyrie Wilson stay healthy this year, our entire defense is going to look so good. 

2 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Looks like the Bombers reworked Brandon Alexander's contract according to the CFL transactions page.

I imagine they rebalanced it so he got more bonus money up front. Probably not a year where the blue go deep into the bonus money so they could push some salary to bonus and free up flexibility late in the year like they did late last year with a couple guys. 

4 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Wow.  That's horrific.  As a manager by trade, I just lost a little respect for our organization.  

I'm into the rye, so don't f'%(<ing @ me.