Grey Cup early chat

Nolby

4 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I have barely watched any Argos games this year... how are they on defense?    Any strengths/weaknesses? 

Strengths are their DLine/Linebackers. Oakman is a force in the middle, and McManis could’ve been DPOY this year. Chris Edwards is a pretty good cover linebacker.

Their secondary is… decent. Jamal Peters is the best there and he’s pretty dang good. Outside of him, not great, but not bad. Amos’ best days are behind him.

they have a solid dline...and couple of playmakers as DB's...but also lack serious discipline, and that INT total could be a matter of being on field lots....as with guys on losing teams having big tackle numbers

They are a hot/cold unit ans its a matter of which one shows up...but over last few yrs discipline has been a demise for them...even when playing lights out...they are far from the "team" we are

We don't play like the last 2 west finals...and more like the 2019 Cup...we win in a walk...

https://d3ham790trbkqy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2050/11/2022_CFL_League_Statistics_Wk21.pdf

I ddint' realize cfl had a nice PDF with all the stats for the league.  

Looks like Toronto creates turnovers but also allows many yards against.   

Also looks like they get sacked quite often.  

I like our chances.

3 hours ago, Wideleft said:

I actually like that he's an oddball.  Has the personality of a 70's NHL goaltender.

Aug 24/22 - 75 yr old Bill "Spaceman" Lee vows to keep pitching (40 yrs after his last major league start) despite a medical emergency, when he collapsed while warming up in the bullpen before entering a Savannah Bananas exhibition game.

Love me some Spaceman. 

Savannah Bananas- lol

41 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Aug 24/22 - 75 yr old Bill "Spaceman" Lee vows to keep pitching (40 yrs after his last major league start) despite a medical emergency, when he collapsed while warming up in the bullpen before entering a Savannah Bananas exhibition game.

Love me some Spaceman. 

Savannah Bananas- lol

I am not a baseball fan but I love me some freak pitchers.

Dock Ellis will always be my #1 baseball hero.

22 hours ago, Geebrr said:

I’ve just accepted that this is what we do- but I’d love to see us wear the home. 

Personally, would have loved to have seen the Bomber home blue and gold up against the Argo road whites with powder blue numbers and pants with navy socks and helmet. Best possible uniform face-off in the league IMO. 
Henoc-Muamba-Toronto-Argonauts-6nov20216

CP140334935.jpg?quality=85&strip=all&w=1

But as Crash Davis said, you never mess with a streak. Now the question is, gold pants or blue, and solo helmet stripe or the double blue and white helmet stripe?

lions-66-scaled-e1665607233304.jpg

collaros.jpg

2022-10-winnipeg-vs-montreal.png?1660690

23 minutes ago, bb1 said:

To me MBT is key,if we rattle this guy early we could just grind out a win. Win the turnover battle and let our running game and defense win this one....Go Blue!

I don't know that someone that crazy can be rattled. But I also don't think he's very bright and can't read a defense to save his life....so I expect Richie Hall to know exactly how to force him into multiple bad decisions. 

2 hours ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Love me some Spaceman. 

Savannah Bananas- lol

As a lifelong Expo fan and my strong hate bias for any stinky Toronto team and to split hairs, Lee was and still is a good funny marches to his own drum beat weird, MBT is unsettling don’t turn your back to him weird.

3 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

His history of temper tantrums (including last weekend screaming at his own coaches, and last year going after a cameraman) beg to differ.

is it being rattled or is it just the cats escaping the bag...... it's a thin line, I suppose. Either way, **** that guy, and here's hoping Coach Hall makes his life miserable all afternoon/evening Sunday...

51 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

His history of temper tantrums (including last weekend screaming at his own coaches, and last year going after a cameraman) beg to differ.

He had one earlier in yr on Dimwitty when he got yanked...they also had a fight with an issue with Banks...and there was another between lineman but cant recal game off top my head

What a close knit team...they play for themselves more than the guy next to them...

15 minutes ago, Booch said:

He had one earlier in yr on Dimwitty when he got yanked...they also had a fight with an issue with Banks...and there was another between lineman but cant recal game off top my head

What a close knit team...they play for themselves more than the guy next to them...

Didn't they have to bring Pinball down from the box to keep people separated at one point? That team is full of Me First guys just looking for stats....