Grey Cup tickets + accommodations

BBlink

11 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

In all fairness I can’t really remember the last time I’ve given a crap about the half time performance. If the Bombers are in it I’m using half time to eat and drink anyways it doesn’t really matter much to me..

Lions sold out their home opener by having a big name  act half time show. 

Edited by Mark F

18 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

The concert was pre-game.  The Lions hoped that the music fans would stick around for the game and become football fans.

right.

And it worked, it helped get a sellout.

ie, having more than the game to attract  customers is good for the profit margin.

this is a complete bungle by the CFL.

Some fans may not care, but advertisers, and TSN  are  probably  pissed off. they pay the freight.

Edited by Mark F

17 minutes ago, Mark F said:

right.

And it worked, it helped get a sellout.

ie, having more than the game to attract  customers is good for the profit margin.

this is a complete bungle by the CFL.

Some fans may not care, but advertisers, and TSN  are  probably  pissed off. they pay the freight.

is it not the host city responsibility to secure an act...and not the CFL?...not exactly sure on that, but if it a host city/team thing..then another typical Rider crap show

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

is it not the host city responsibility to secure an act...and not the CFL?...not exactly sure on that, but if it a host city/team thing..then another typical Rider crap show

This is not unusual for the Grey Cup to be late with this. Last year the announcement came a month out. And in 2015 the Bomber (crap show I guess?) announcement came only 26 days before the game, and I didn’t even hear it. 

Still a bad look. 

25 minutes ago, Booch said:

No, I'd bet it's almost entirely TSN choosing the half time entertainment, with a bit of input from the league. They're the ones with the money. It'll be a situation where Bell works with the record labels to find an "appropriate" act (who's got an album coming out/tour to promote/hits a target demographic for the advertisers).....

That would be my guess based on (albeit limited) knowledge of these kinds of things...

3 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

Looked back at last year and the Arkells were announced November 21st for the December 12th game. I wouldn't call this year exceedingly late, maybe just Dan Clark getting to his blockiing assignment late...

Leave Britney Alone GIFs | Tenor

You leave Dan Clark alone! He's a national treasure!