Grey Cup tickets + accommodations

BBlink

I'm watching for hotel rooms and this one came up today: Best Western Plus Eastgate Inn & Suites currently has a room (2 Queens) for $299/night November 18-21. Must prepay. 

$267/night if you join their rewards program. 

East end of town. 

Edited by JCon

Just now, Noeller said:

Imagine paying 250-300/night for a room at a Best Western in Regina......Christ almighty, that ******* town. 

I obviously need help because I might willingly go to Regina.

Do I need an intervention? 

Ramada is $899/night. Sleep Inn (more like Sleep With A Gun) is over $350/night. 

1 minute ago, Geebrr said:

Honestly - I’d rather sleep in my car 

At least me being inside may deter people from breaking into it. 

They'll think you're a Rider sleeping one off. 

it is absolutely 100% NOT worth paying those prices to stay in ******* REGINA....like the worst parts of Winnipeg in one small city. Giant No-*******-Thank-You. It's the exact reason we're making the West Final our big weekend, and just throwing a massive GC party at our house, with our usual GC party crew from Wpg flying in to AB for that. **** that shithole province and especially Regina and paying that much to stay there.

On 2022-11-02 at 1:55 PM, Geebrr said:

Honestly - I’d rather sleep in my car 

At least me being inside may deter people from breaking into it. 

They're not looking to break into your car if they're up really close to it,they're just wondering what that new technology is.

My dad's from Saskatchewan and I still take shots at him (I was born in Winnipeg)

Edited by Nolby

9 minutes ago, Nolby said:

They're not looking to break into your car if they're up really close to it,they're just wondering what that new technology is.

My dad's from Saskatchewan and I still take shots at him (I was born in Winnipeg)

still means you've got Gapper juice in your veins.....for which I am truly, truly sorry. 

On 2022-11-02 at 2:50 PM, Noeller said:

it is absolutely 100% NOT worth paying those prices to stay in ******* REGINA....like the worst parts of Winnipeg in one small city. Giant No-*******-Thank-You. It's the exact reason we're making the West Final our big weekend, and just throwing a massive GC party at our house, with our usual GC party crew from Wpg flying in to AB for that. **** that shithole province and especially Regina and paying that much to stay there.

It's not just hotel and game tickets that are the problem with the GC experience in Regina. The city is too small, and lacks the infrastructure for such an event. Waiting in line for an hour to get into a decent restaurant, getting a cab....forget about it, getting gouged basically every place you go...guaranteed. Regina doesn't get many major events and when it does it sure puts it's collective hands out to pillage every poor tourist that travels there. I went in 2013 and swore I would never do it again. Just a miserable experience from start to finish. This is back when I used to attend every Grey Cup, now I don't do it anymore, and Regina was the catalyst for that change and it's too bad because I have attended a few LDCs and it is not the same at all.

Edited by GCn20

And next year in Hamilton....arguably the 2nd shittiest city to host a GC, after Regina. By virtue ofbeing about 2-3x the size of Regina, it will have more amenities (though most are ****, because it's a dirty, shitty city). Then you have BC, which is, of course, huge, but it's also a "fancy" town, so you can expect the prices for everything to be through the roof. Drinks at GC events will be around $10, I'd bet. I've heard horror stories about other national events held in Vancouver and how much everything cost. Call it the "BC Tax". Calgary, Edmonton and Winnipeg are host cities that probably make the most sense in terms of having adequate facilities for events, and aren't going to totally break the bank. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

And next year in Hamilton....arguably the 2nd shittiest city to host a GC, after Regina. By virtue ofbeing about 2-3x the size of Regina, it will have more amenities (though most are ****, because it's a dirty, shitty city). Then you have BC, which is, of course, huge, but it's also a "fancy" town, so you can expect the prices for everything to be through the roof. Drinks at GC events will be around $10, I'd bet. I've heard horror stories about other national events held in Vancouver and how much everything cost. Call it the "BC Tax". Calgary, Edmonton and Winnipeg are host cities that probably make the most sense in terms of having adequate facilities for events, and aren't going to totally break the bank. 

7339acd5-1af6-4033-a9c2-74221f5bc123_tex

It was very reasonably priced when I went in 2014

6 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

It was very reasonably priced when I went in 2014

I'm going by the horror stories I heard from people at Canadian Country Music Week back around 2008 or something.... and what a total **** show it was, in terms of pricing for everything. Maybe Grey Cup would be better...who knows. But also, **** BC......

Vancouver is indeed a pretty pricy Grey Cup. but the services and events were top notch and the experience enjoyable. Not cheap though at all. WIth Vancouver you know that it will be expensive and you expect it. Regina was just as expensive and the experience was a complete calamity. It's hard to enjoy things when you have to leave early to get a cab, or be prepared to spend 2 hours waiting for one and to eat....just go for breakfast and then start lining up for lunch, then from there line up for supper. It's not Regina's fault per se, it's just too small.

'

1 minute ago, GCn20 said:

Vancouver is indeed a pretty pricy Grey Cup. but the services and events were top notch and the experience enjoyable. Not cheap though at all. WIth Vancouver you know that it will be expensive and you expect it. Regina was just as expensive and the experience was a complete calamity. It's hard to enjoy things when you have to leave early to get a cab, or be prepared to spend 2 hours waiting for one and to eat....just go for breakfast and then start lining up for lunch, then from there line up for supper. It's not Regina's fault per se, it's just too small.

'

Its ALWAYS Regina's fault.....

28 minutes ago, Noeller said:

well, have they tried not being a complete shithole of a city and province? 

What do you do with the million gappers that would have to move elsewhere? Not really fair that every other province's IQ average would have to plummet during this purge.

Edited by GCn20

4 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

What do you do with the million gappers that would have to move elsewhere? Not really fair that every other province's IQ average would have to plummet during this purge.

Send them to a deserted island to be studied to see what types of nutrients we could extract from them for our benefit?