Grey Cup tickets + accommodations

BBlink

Have some interest in going but mainstream websites do not have great rates for accommodations if any available at all.

Since the Riders are officially out I'm wondering if there were some fans traveling from away that don't want their hotel rooms anymore.

Does anyone know where we could look or ask? Would be best if we could buy the tickets with accommodations

2 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Have some interest in going but mainstream websites do not have great rates for accommodations if any available at all.

Since the Riders are officially out I'm wondering if there were some fans traveling from away that don't want their hotel rooms anymore.

Does anyone know where we could look or ask? Would be best if we could buy the tickets with accommodations

Ya we'd been planning on going but there's zero accommodations in a non-exorbitant price range, so we said screw it... The West Final will be our GC trip, and then we'll do a massive GC party at our house instead. That shithole town shouldn't be allowed to host major national events... 

11 minutes ago, BBlink said:

We've got our tickets and room booked already but we have friends looking to join us.  They haven't found any rooms yet but we're assuming that as teams get eliminated after the division semi's and finals, there will be cancellations happening.  

They are waiting on tickets until they find a place to stay.  Rider fans have already been putting their tickets up for sale on various sites so they aren't as concerned about getting those.

10 minutes ago, Noeller said:

my inlaws live outside of S'Toon and every time I'm there (always short stays) I feel like someone should be paying me for the grief and trauma inflicted just by being around all these hillbillies....

When I'm in that province, I like to pretend that I'm Sally Struthers visiting an underdeveloped country. 

6a0105369e6edf970b017c33f5a366970b-800wi

Anyhow, I think I'm in for the GC. Where are you getting tickets? Stub Hub is ridiculous. 

7 minutes ago, JCon said:

When I'm in that province, I like to pretend that I'm Sally Struthers visiting an underdeveloped country. 

6a0105369e6edf970b017c33f5a366970b-800wi

Anyhow, I think I'm in for the GC. Where are you getting tickets? Stub Hub is ridiculous. 

There are some on Ticketmaster for under $300. Lots available all of a sudden for some reason.........😉

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

Honestly it is 100% the absurd lack of accommodations there. 

I would only drive in game day and drive out after, but then you may not be able to have some drinks or really enjoy the post game. 

I was in Hamilton last year and we went home about 30 minutes after the game - the team wasn’t even really celebrating with the fans due to COVID I imagine (no regrets, it was a lifetime awesome experience). 

At least with Hamilton you can get back to the GTA easy and quick 

I may just pay a dude to drive...take us there early morning of grey cup to partake in some activities...then take us back after the game and we lift it up for 3rd time...easy peasy...that's if we are in it as I have no desire to go to that shithole if we not in it

Throw bunch of my rowdies buddies in a well stocked RV to ride up and back

1 hour ago, Booch said:

I may just pay a dude to drive...take us there early morning of grey cup to partake in some activities...then take us back after the game and we lift it up for 3rd time...easy peasy...that's if we are in it as I have no desire to go to that shithole if we not in it

Throw bunch of my rowdies buddies in a well stocked RV to ride up and back

If memory serves me well, you can't have open liquor in an RV while it's moving.