Back 2 Back CHAMPS at Elkimos GDT

Nolby

9 hours ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

Haha Stegall with a beauty quote,

“when you can afford to complete just 7 passes and still win by two touchdowns… you have a great team”

The interesting part is normally when that happens you see a stat line of 200+ rushing yards… not a masterpiece but I’m happy with any win 

11 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Conclusive evidence of the fact that touchdowns are better than field goals.

The ultimate victory of the bend but dont break philosophy. 

49 minutes ago, bearpants said:

The interesting part is normally when that happens you see a stat line of 200+ rushing yards… not a masterpiece but I’m happy with any win 

Reid, harris, or blink probably wouldve had that many yards or more last night. 

Just now, Jpan85 said:

Also that maybe the quickest CFL game I have ever watched must of only been 2 and half hours.

Clock never stopped the drives just ran the time down the whole game. Tsn must've been furious they couldn't get their usual 10 commercial breaks per half in. 

Not pretty but you don't need to be a 'looker' sometimes to bank the 2 pts.........Really impressed with Collaros this year...even in his 'off' games he's the best qb. in the league and well worth the raise we gave him.....This Schoen kid is having a rook of the year award just about planted in his back pocket....Great combo....Zack and the kid.....nightmare for the opposition

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Clock never stopped the drives just ran the time down the whole game. Tsn must've been furious they couldn't get their usual 10 commercial breaks per half in. 

It does make it difficult. I mean, you have to pay the bills...the only reason you broadcast anything is to run ads and make money. When you don't have proper breaks, it makes it tough to jam in the spots (ads) that you've guaranteed your sponsors. You end up taking breaks in weird places and (sometimes) jamming more spots into a break than you'd like to. But gotta get the ads in...

Yup...wins are wins...regardless of how u get them...and even though we seemed off on offence...defense was in total control...let them have the piddly stuff between the 30's and eat up some clock ..but when u give up 7 TDs all yr in 7 games...most like you are getting the 2 points.

The fact u have heard nary an excuse of injuries...kinda crappy schedule and no bye till week 11...and are still 7-0 has got to have teams concerned...you can't sit back and look at this and think that once Demski..BA..Couture..possibly Wilson are back...The starters that are playing nicked up are healed and healthier, that this team is gonna be very...veryyyy hard to beat. And that's with no run game yet..we get that going ...my my...

10 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yup...wins are wins...regardless of how u get them...and even though we seemed off on offence...defense was in total control...let them have the piddly stuff between the 30's and eat up some clock ..but when u give up 7 TDs all yr in 7 games...most like you are getting the 2 points.

The fact u have heard nary an excuse of injuries...kinda crappy schedule and no bye till week 11...and are still 7-0 has got to have teams concerned...you can't sit back and look at this and think that once Demski..BA..Couture..possibly Wilson are back...The starters that are playing nicked up are healed and healthier, that this team is gonna be very...veryyyy hard to beat. And that's with no run game yet..we get that going ...my my...

And imagine if we get any NFL returnees too...

And we dressed two imports on offense who basically didn't play last night.

Maybe we can make a deal with someone to grab a backup Canadian receiver and scrap heap another one so we can actually use all our import spots.  Personally would love to flip one of those spots back to D, either DL or secondary.  

Seems like Ungerer out of favour in Hamilton...maybe can be had for a 8th round pick.

We also could use a legit import running back.  Doesn't seem like they want to use McCrae on anything other than sweeps.

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

And we dressed two imports on offense who basically didn't play last night.

Maybe we can make a deal with someone to grab a backup Canadian receiver and scrap heap another one so we can actually use all our import spots.  Personally would love to flip one of those spots back to D, either DL or secondary.  

Seems like Ungerer out of favour in Hamilton...maybe can be had for a 8th round pick.

We also could use a legit import running back.  Doesn't seem like they want to use McCrae on anything other than sweeps.

One run attempt. I pass targets. I’d wager less than 10 combined reps. Ridiculous. Especially for such a banged up wr core. 

9 hours ago, Noeller said:

It does make it difficult. I mean, you have to pay the bills...the only reason you broadcast anything is to run ads and make money. When you don't have proper breaks, it makes it tough to jam in the spots (ads) that you've guaranteed your sponsors. You end up taking breaks in weird places and (sometimes) jamming more spots into a break than you'd like to. But gotta get the ads in...

I have no pity for TSN. 

19 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Apparently, 1960 was the best of the Bomber teams from 1958-62 but the Eskimos had one last kick of the can left in them & they upset Winnipeg in the Western Final series that year. Had we beaten Edmonton, we'd probably have won 5 GC's in a row. 

August 11, 1960. The Bombers opened the 1960 season by defeating the BC Lions 35-21 at Empire Stadium. They'd go on & win their first 9 games of the 16 game season finishing at 14-2 for the regular season. 

590px-B.C._Lions_versus_Winnipeg_Blue_Bo

As lame as the Bomber offence was in this game, we had proof that they can rise to the challenge when needed. Moreover, we won without Agudosi , Ellingson, Couture and others. And, encouragingly, Oliveira and Augustine had their best performances of the season. They didn't rack up a hundred yards rushing each but they ran without much hesitation, and the O-line, while far from great, protected Collaros well and did open a few holes.

On 2022-07-22 at 10:30 PM, Super Duper Negatron said:

Another commercial? **** off TSN

I don't ever remember them running ads after the 3 min warning except maybe for an injury but they did it during both during this game. I think it was because of how quickly the game progressed. They had a set # of commercials paid for and had to squeeze them in somewhere.

Edited by Deiter Fan

On 2022-07-23 at 12:45 AM, Nolby said:

It's crazy to think we really only likely need to win 5-6 of our 11 remaining games to possibly clinch the West or a home game forsure. Wait until we get our 6 gamers back,this team will be very scary once healthy.

And once we get past this absolutely ridiculous part of the schedule we play 6/9 games at home and have 3 byes.

19 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

And once we get past this absolutely ridiculous part of the schedule we play 6/9 games at home and have 3 byes.

Yeah...that's actually killer....we setting up nicely...just marinating away for some sweet saute action come last 3rd of season