2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

37 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

He’s only 28 and hardly has any mileage on his body. The biggest factor for running backs wearing down isn’t usually age it’s usage/mileage over the year. I just can’t help but love Agustine’s skill set. He’s so fast and quick. I would still rather go with One of Harris/Oliveria and Augustine because of the different styles. 

Let's not forget about Borsa who is signed, had some impressive testing numbers last year prior to the draft and did well with the U of Regina last fall. Harris, Oliveria & Borsa as our Cdn rb's this year. Augustine given an opportunity to roster with another team, as he deserves that full time shot in my opinion. 

14 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Showtime Sheed!!

Rasheed is the heart & soul of our receiving corps. He makes that whole group better. So, we have Woli, Demski & Bailey back. I hope Lawler is back but I'm not holding my breath.

10 minutes ago, camper_2 said:

Let's not forget about Borsa who is signed, had some impressive testing numbers last year prior to the draft and did well with the U of Regina last fall. Harris, Oliveria & Borsa as our Cdn rb's this year. Augustine given an opportunity to roster with another team, as he deserves that full time shot in my opinion. 

Augustine is better than Oliveira. He's more explosive & has that classic top gear that you see a lot of running backs that are successful have.

5 hours ago, Booch said:

Sayles had great stats .and was very effective.

I also assume they will make stove the best offer they can...and see where it stands...all we can do...hope he back...cause if he is we will be lights out again ..even without the way this shaking out we are gonna be anyway.

Maybe we can steal micah Johnson cheaper than stove...now wouldn't that piss off our green neighbors

What about that new DT they signed who has NFL experience & is physically similar to Stove? He could be the run stopper Stove was.

1 hour ago, Wideleft said:

Mercy Maston has been extended.

I hope he hasn't lost a step after his injury.

7 hours ago, CodyT said:

Any chance Andrew could be even a slight bit butt hurt about not being valued by the club, and in some regards the fans the same as he was in years past?

"Not being valued the same"?

He missed a month and a half and started the West Final. 

He is one of the most popular Bombers of all time. The city/fan base loves Andrew Harris, his name will be on the Ring of Honour. 

He is probably being asked to leave some money on the table just like every other guy because of the B2B Cups. It isn't like he doesn't see that.

No. I don't think there is any chance. 

1 minute ago, Mike said:

Pleasant surprise but I would assume this must mean a pending Harris retirement or Oliviera signing elsewhere.

My first thought.

I have a buddy who is insistent that Harris is gonna sign for under 100k and  we bring back all three (he assumes JA didn't receive any outside interest worth pulling him away).

5 minutes ago, Mike said:

Pleasant surprise but I would assume this must mean a pending Harris retirement or Oliviera signing elsewhere.

I can see why you would think so but I don't see it that way. 

JA plays teams very well he isn't just sitting on the sidelines waiting for reps. He got a reasonable pay bump to stay somewhere he loves playing. 

Brady O will get a pay bump, but he doesn't have the resume just yet to go demanding big starter money. Hometown, he loves it here, he has a lot going on here outside football. Can't see him leaving. I see him signing a 2 year deal

I think Harris is going to be one of the last signed but he is coming back. 

There is only one ball, but  they may be looking for ways to get all 3 more involved. They are all on the game day roster anyway. 

8 hours ago, camper_2 said:

Borsa is going to have to earn his spot on teams. Coverage is mostly about "want to" so he can control that. Returns could be his "X" factor being the speed guy that he is. 

I think he can/will.

Has any team in CFL history been this flush with NI RB talent?

It is actually ridiculous. I think this will be one of the most defining things people remember about this historic squad.

47 minutes ago, Mike said:

I don't think Brady is going any where. He's pretty deeply entrenched here. 

Idk about Harris. But I hope he comes back in a demski role. He's a great pass catcher and blocker. 

29 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Borsa is going to have to earn his spot on teams. Coverage is mostly about "want to" so he can control that. Returns could be his "X" factor being the speed guy that he is. 

I think he can/will.

Has any team in CFL history been this flush with NI RB talent?

It is actually ridiculous. I think this will be one of the most defining things people remember about this historic squad.

If we bring them all back no. No team has ever been this good at ni rb. 

Maybe if Lawler leaves we could move woli to his wr spot. Move Harris between the vacant wr spot and demskis slot. Instead of replacing Imp we could roll 3 deep at ni wr. Not to mention with borsa possible able to rotate in at slot. 

We've been talking about 200k for Kenny or not. But would you rather fill lawlers spot with him or another expensive imp or fill it with an Ni and bring back streveler or pay stove ba etc. 

56 minutes ago, Mike said:

I all along said I expect all them back...I see Harris coming back on a freakishly friendly team deal...reduced role/hybrid role....and it not JA didnt get...or wouldnt have got good offers...He loves it here...team loves him...and he has become a dynamite ST guy and shown he can lug the rock, and Brady O is the eventual heir apparent...but he doesn't command big $$ yet....he will follow the JA trajectory contract wise, but eventually eclipse Johnny...awesome signing, and sign

Edited by Booch

2 hours ago, Geebrr said:

I can see why you would think so but I don't see it that way. 

JA plays teams very well he isn't just sitting on the sidelines waiting for reps. He got a reasonable pay bump to stay somewhere he loves playing. 

Brady O will get a pay bump, but he doesn't have the resume just yet to go demanding big starter money. Hometown, he loves it here, he has a lot going on here outside football. Can't see him leaving. I see him signing a 2 year deal

I think Harris is going to be one of the last signed but he is coming back. 

There is only one ball, but  they may be looking for ways to get all 3 more involved. They are all on the game day roster anyway. 

It’s inefficient spending to bring back all three, if you ask me. Unless Harris takes a HUGE shave.