Dodo Birds at CHAMPS GDT

Nolby

Does anyone know how much game time elapsed between the last time the Bombers trailed in a game and the second quarter on Saturday?  Seems like eons.

Could also be that I haven't feared a loss in a very long time.

Edited by Wideleft

9 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I suspect when we lost to the Argos in August.

We were down 5-3 to the Elks until 3:20 left in the 2nd quarter on Oct 15.

I guess I had no fear of losing....

Prior to that the only times they've trailed:

• we were down 3-0 for 8:01 at the end of the first quarter vs BC on Oct 1.
  • down 16-15 for 3:31 in the 3rd in  Edmonton on Sep 18
  • down 3-0 in the first for 7 min and down 9-6 in the 2nd for 1:40 against SK on Sep 11
  • down  8-7 for 9:42 in the third on Labour Day
  • See-saw game against Cgy on Aug 29.  Stamps had the largest lead of the game at 4 pts (13-9) in the 2nd/3rd quarters.
  • The loss to Toronto (Aug 21)  saw the Bombers in their largest deficit of the season - behind 13-0 for about 5 minutes at the end of the first/beginning of the 2nd
  • Trailed 6-0 for 7:23 in the 1st quarter of game 1 against Ham

The last game was the first time we've been behind by a converted touchdown since game 3 on August 21.

Edited by Wideleft

18 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Montreal played well. I keep on saying this though. Our team is so physical. We’ll make you pay for every yard gained. By the time the fourth quarter rolls around they’re not only physically beat, but mentally beat too. That’s why we allow so few points in the second half, and in the fourth quarter in particular. 

Yep. Had a few friends say to me that the Bombers got away with one on Saturday. I was like WTF are you talking about? The only thing that would have concerned me is if they could hang with us for 4Qs. They would have been the only team able to do that and it would have revealed maybe the only blueprint to success a team might have against us. NOPE. They blew their wad in the first 3Qs and had nothing left for the 4th. Just like every other team we've played. NO ONE can hang with us for 4Qs.

I was a bit concerned but.. coming off a bye is tough.. started slow but they win when it matters. 

Don't think you gonna lose much if your D don't give up TDs or really less than 1/2 a point a 4th quarter 

Tsn was going on about how many points the Als put up but yup.. 14 against the D. They scored on a fumble so pretty crazy really.  2 TDs is like lots against these guys. That's insane 

Honestly with how our D is playing.  10 point game does seem close tho. But... Montreal has a good D themselves.. I don't think much separates Montreal Toronto or Hamilton and it wouldn't shock me if it's Montreal Winnipeg Grey Cup 

Edited by Goalie

I finally had a chance to re-watch a few plays that I wanted to get a better look at and have some thoughts on it...

1. the OPI call in the first quarter... I thought the original call was soft... looked like Rose just fell and he initiated contact after 5 yards... not totally surprised it was over turned...
2. the PI against Nick Taylor with about 5 mins left in the fourth... I thought it was absolute garbage call from the upper deck... I and confirmed it was a garbage call after watching a replay... surprised we didn't challenge as I believe that would've created a third down... in super slo-mo Taylor has his hand on the receiver a split second early... not sure what the ref was seeing on that one...
3. The procedure penalty that took 3 points off the board... I watched it a few times and didn't see anyone twitch... but there were about 12 flags on the field... so I guess Eli must've done something obvious... 

31 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I finally had a chance to re-watch a few plays that I wanted to get a better look at and have some thoughts on it...

1. the OPI call in the first quarter... I thought the original call was soft... looked like Rose just fell and he initiated contact after 5 yards... not totally surprised it was over turned...
2. the PI against Nick Taylor with about 5 mins left in the fourth... I thought it was absolute garbage call from the upper deck... I and confirmed it was a garbage call after watching a replay... surprised we didn't challenge as I believe that would've created a third down... in super slo-mo Taylor has his hand on the receiver a split second early... not sure what the ref was seeing on that one...
3. The procedure penalty that took 3 points off the board... I watched it a few times and didn't see anyone twitch... but there were about 12 flags on the field... so I guess Eli must've done something obvious... 

Yup, that PI on Taylor was utter bullshit. He barely touched the receiver and made a great play on the ball. Didnt impede or interfere with him at all. But of course the mayor of Greenville Glen Suitor thought it was a great call!

17 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Yup, that PI on Taylor was utter bullshit. He barely touched the receiver and made a great play on the ball. Didnt impede or interfere with him at all. But of course the mayor of Greenville Glen Suitor thought it was a great call!

Actually, he didn't... he was iffy on it and conceded that "the DB in me doesn't like the call"... He didn't call it absolute garbage... but that's because it wasn't a Rider DB...

2 hours ago, bearpants said:

Actually, he didn't... he was iffy on it and conceded that "the DB in me doesn't like the call"... He didn't call it absolute garbage... but that's because it wasn't a Rider DB...

Shhh, don’t ruin the “Suitor is a Rider-biased hack all the time” narrative this board has spun over the years.