Dodo Birds at CHAMPS GDT

Nolby

The Als come to town with a chip on their shoulders yapping they were better than us. To their credit, they punched us in the mouth a bit. Then refuse to lie down  &  actually went ahead briefly in the game. We mount a comeback & smack the tar out of the Alouettes in the second half. By the time the game is in the fourth quarter & we go ahead the end really isn't in doubt even though we just have a 7 point lead. The hit on Jake Weineke in the 4th quarter by Bighill & 2 late interceptions by Alford & Biggie just drove the final nails in the Als coffin. The Als just couldn't run with us physically & we pulled away. We got behind & faced adversity & came back to win. We really needed this game to prep for the playoffs. 

Yup ....ALs came in...guns a blazing...played prob their best game of year and couldn't hang for 60 mins when we played arguably one of our poorer games..did some unlike Bomber gaffs....was it an off game...or was it ALs play that made it seem off? 

Combo of the 2...but none the less...cream of the crop and I suspect next week to be more of slap em around fest...if we rotate subs in...and rest some guys...I see a similar style win as last night..

10 hours ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

I knew there was a reason we won. Damn it. Hate when the home town refs gift us a game. 

To be fair… Al Bradbury is from Winnipeg 🙃

as an observer at the game here’s how I saw it… Als came out and played a really good game… moved the ball fairly well… got most of the stops when they needed it… but when it came down to crunch time… one team proved it was a contender and the other a pretender…

They keep saying it’ll take a perfect game to beat the Bombers… Als nearly did that… and still lost by 10 (could’ve been 13 if not for a procedure call)… I’m not going panic yet…

Edited by bearpants

31 minutes ago, bearpants said:

To be fair… Al Bradbury is from Winnipeg 🙃

as an observer at the game here’s how I saw it… Als came out and played a really good game… moved the ball fairly well… got most of the stops when they needed it… but when it came down to crunch time… one team proved it was a contender and the other a pretender…

They keep saying it’ll take a perfect game to beat the Bombers… Als nearly did that… and still lost by 10 (could’ve been 13 if not for a procedure call)… I’m not going panic yet…

There is absolutely no need to panic. Great teams blow other teams out & they find ways to win the close ones. Especially coming from behind the way we did. We need to play these close game to give the team confidence that they can win when adversity strikes. Not just the 30-3 or 45-0 games. I'm glad the team had to work to win this one. 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Yup ....ALs came in...guns a blazing...played prob their best game of year and couldn't hang for 60 mins when we played arguably one of our poorer games..did some unlike Bomber gaffs....was it an off game...or was it ALs play that made it seem off? 

Combo of the 2...but none the less...cream of the crop and I suspect next week to be more of slap em around fest...if we rotate subs in...and rest some guys...I see a similar style win as last night..

And…not saying the Bombers approach has changed…but…the stakes in this game are absolutely different for each team.  Bombers are locked into first place while the Als are fighting for a home playoff game.  By the 4th quarter you’d have thought the roles were reversed if you had no knowledge of the standings.  Again the opposition for the Bombers felt the wrath and just wanted to get out of dodge intact.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Yep we’re going to have to get used to everyone playing their best game against us. Everyone has something to prove against the top dog. We’ve mostly answered the bell though. 

11 hours ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

I said right from the start it sounded like they pumped in a bunch of fan noise. It sounded super strange in the seats this game. Like way louder than normal for what appeared to be a lot less people.  

Saturday night game = drinking and noise. It was loud because people were very into it right from the jump.

Been thinking about it..... Als were that average dude who "shoots their shot", asking out the hot chick that is way outta their league..... They came out and gave it their best, but in the end, it wasn't enough. 

Edited by Noeller

13 hours ago, Nolby said:

"Stanback almost has 100 yards against that defence, but against us we for the most part controlled him. What does that say? "

Right from RF. Are they saying that because they kept Stanback to lower rushing yards that their defense is superior now? Let's meet at the flagpole and see how it goes.

who cares honestly. The Blue Bombers are the benchmark this year, they are setting the standard. Why do we need to justify our play against how the rider's played that team? Seems silly.

Great- the riders held stanback to fewer yards, good for them. They measure what they accomplished against how we fared- as it should be, The top of the league IS the measuring stick. What do we need worry about? Let the rider faithful do their thing, it's actually quite the compliment- so we should take it as such. The LDC and BB were the weeks we needed to worry about the riders and their faithful- we responded with 23-8 and 31-9 respectively. We can worry about all that noise when (if) it matters. 

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

Not trying to opine on Augustine vs Oliveira… but based solely on last night… Johnny was the better back… could be different next week… but last night Johnny was clearly the better of the two…

There's a role for both on offense, and should be even when Harris is back.  I liked how we integrated them both, even got Oliviera out of the backfield a bit.  Can see them both running, letting Harris play some out wide too.  Both more of a threat with the ball than Miller, both can block.

I love the fact that right out of the gate in the 3rd quarter- the Al's came out and punched the bombers right in the freaking choppers. Bombers got up slowly and performed their version of Hogan's "Hulking up" and just shut it down for the last 27 minutes. Good to see that kind of response- more so in a game that does not impact the standings what so ever... 

Bomber Nation- we're in good hands. 

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

Not trying to opine on Augustine vs Oliveira… but based solely on last night… Johnny was the better back… could be different next week… but last night Johnny was clearly the better of the two…

I think every time they've had their chances Augustine has been the better back. I prefer him over Oliveira but I ain't the coaching staff .

2 hours ago, bearpants said:

But someone on here said Augustine only gets 2 yard runs and he sucks at blocking... 

I forget who had said that.... but they sure never replied to that post from the other week which showed that Augustine had mostly runs of 4 yards or more....

45 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I love the fact that right out of the gate in the 3rd quarter- the Al's came out and punched the bombers right in the freaking choppers. Bombers got up slowly and performed their version of Hogan's "Hulking up" and just shut it down for the last 27 minutes. Good to see that kind of response- more so in a game that does not impact the standings what so ever... 

Bomber Nation- we're in good hands. 

wake-up-menacing.gif

59 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

who cares honestly. The Blue Bombers are the benchmark this year, they are setting the standard. Why do we need to justify our play against how the rider's played that team? Seems silly.

Great- the riders held stanback to fewer yards, good for them. They measure what they accomplished against how we fared- as it should be, The top of the league IS the measuring stick. What do we need worry about? Let the rider faithful do their thing, it's actually quite the compliment- so we should take it as such. The LDC and BB were the weeks we needed to worry about the riders and their faithful- we responded with 23-8 and 31-9 respectively. We can worry about all that noise when (if) it matters. 

33-9, actually, but who's counting? 🤣🤣🤣 The green pukes can keep beaking off, but until they actually beat us - which won't happen - it's all noise...

When you shoot your mouth off you better bring a big gun to back it up....Seems to me the Als. talked a big game and instead of the cannon they said they had brought a bb gun ....I think we should do it to them one more time next week for good measure and shut those clowns up....'Bombers'...definitely the class of the league