Early talk- Champs @ Lions

Nolby

BC didn't seem to have their best game vs Sask even when losing. I hope tomorrow night just doesn't wind up being one of those where they get momentum and just fire on all cylinders all night. They've got scary talent on offense but I can't wait to see our defense match up.

Edited by Nolby

1 minute ago, Tracker said:

The Lions' O-line is barely average at best, and Reilly is older and slower than he used to be, so if the Bomber front seven can get a decent push, we ought to be OK.  Reilly is living on borrowed time, and one good hit and he's sidelined. Can't let him get outside, though.

Can't give the rec time to get down field either. I'm not confident in the match ups with Lucky or Burnham. You gotta double one of them.

I don't think blitzing constantly is the game plan. We can get pressure with 4.

Reilly has been hit so many times his internal clock will tell him to break the pocket and expose him to hits.

Although I don't really consider Reilly to be a guy that is scared to take a hit.

Definitely take away the mid/long range stuff and he will burp the baby. 

25 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Reilly will take the hit to make the play. He beats the blitz with reads and release, not by running. Blitz him and Whitehouse will have a big game. Send 4 and cover.

Yeah Bombers need to get pressure without constantly blitzing....which is something we're pretty good at. Hopefully the Jeffs get to him fast enough.

45 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I don't think blitzing constantly is the game plan. We can get pressure with 4.

Reilly has been hit so many times his internal clock will tell him to break the pocket and expose him to hits.

Although I don't really consider Reilly to be a guy that is scared to take a hit.

Definitely take away the mid/long range stuff and he will burp the baby. 

Plus we will have stove back. 

20 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

This is the team they wanted to field from the start right? Man I can't wait to see the D in their final form. 

Missing Johnson on Defence...but yes this is as close as we've been I believe.

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Fwiw... 

Sucks for Sayles, but that's a good thing for the Bombers.

33 minutes ago, Booch said:

he seemed to be doing real well....among top 10 in ST tackles as well...

Maybe its a personal issue? Idk strange. Perez has been here a long time. Nice to have a back up DB. Maura looked like a beast though. 

Just now, Bigblue204 said:

Missing Johnson on Defence...but yes this is as close as we've been I believe.

Sucks for Sayles, but that's a good thing for the Bombers.

Tbh I wouldnt take any db out for johnson. He'd be nice as a DI for an extra db but this D is certainly the best we could field other then mercy maston. If he and johnson were healthy right now I think johnson would be cut. 

Hallett would be great to have back for depth and teams too. 

Just now, M.O.A.B. said:

I think Darby is better than Johnson.

100%.