Early talk- Champs @ Lions

Nolby

2 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

That's why the play the games 

But no other team really makes me nervous.

Bombers are rolling. We have had Lions teams in the past where the Bombers are right now. Take some advice from a seasoned pro.... don't get too high. Things can change in a heartbeat in this league. And they will. But probably not tomorrow 

The Bombers were not an over night rebuild. They were good for years before 

13 minutes ago, lyin' guy said:

Bombers are rolling. We have had Lions teams in the past where the Bombers are right now. Take some advice from a seasoned pro.... don't get too high. Things can change in a heartbeat in this league. And they will. But probably not tomorrow 

25 Grey Cup appearances and won 11...we know what's up. Nothing is guaranteed.

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

Does any other team have anywhere near the success with global players thst we do? 

Nope. This was discussed on the Cdn Football Perspective pod with Marsh and Melo. They were impressed with our global special teamers in particular, as well as Hansen of course! It’s def something I’m proud of re this team. 

2 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Our 11 Grey Cup wins are more than the total appearances by the BC Lions (10).

Correct.  Lions have had many ups and downs in my years following them.  Lived through some very bad times, 2019 being right up there with the worst, we had zero wins against the west that year.  Very pleased we can at minimum compete again and may have a shot at the playoffs.   

5 minutes ago, lyin' guy said:

Bombers are solid right through the line-up.  No question about it.

But beatable. Maybe not tomorrow night, but beatable. 

Outside of the Banjo Bowl I don't think anyone thinks it is impossible to lose.

Everyone knows BC has some good players. If you're hoping the actual Bombers team is looking past BC that won't happen.

I still think the Bombers will win. 

Everyone here still loves Lucky Whitehead too. This ain't Rider fans ;)

6 minutes ago, lyin' guy said:

Correct.  Lions have had many ups and downs in my years following them.  Lived through some very bad times, 2019 being right up there with the worst, we had zero wins against the west that year.  Very pleased we can at minimum compete again and may have a shot at the playoffs.   

I think most here see BC being a West playoff team. 

1 minute ago, Geebrr said:

Outside of the Banjo Bowl I don't think anyone thinks it is impossible to lose.

Everyone knows BC has some good players. If you're hoping the actual Bombers team is looking past BC that won't happen.

I still think the Bombers will win. 

Not hoping that at all.  I hope we beat you, but that probably won't happen tomorrow.  Our defence is too young to stop the Bombers. We only have 3 players on D that were here last year, we have some raw rookie dbacks.  We don't really have a ground game, and Reilly tends to take home run shots more than move the chains methodically. That all adds up to a Bomber win tomorrow.

But you never k now. 

4 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I think most here see BC being a West playoff team. 

After 2019, I'll take that!!!

10 minutes ago, lyin' guy said:

Not hoping that at all.  I hope we beat you, but that probably won't happen tomorrow.  Our defence is too young to stop the Bombers. We only have 3 players on D that were here last year, we have some raw rookie dbacks.  We don't really have a ground game, and Reilly tends to take home run shots more than move the chains methodically. That all adds up to a Bomber win tomorrow.

But you never k now. 

Basically what most of us have been saying. 

The Argos game was a nice early reminder. That Edmonton game was closer than it should have been. 

That Elks game had trap written all over it, there was concern.

I think they're going to be ready to get back after the bye, so we will see what plays out.

Edited by Geebrr
The Esks don't exist anymore.

BC is the only team that actually scares me by season's end...they are good now and will get better...Sask..what u see is what you get...and we know we can handle their best.

EDM...is a mess and I don't see them going on a playoff run with that online.

Cgy...hard to put finger on what's up there...they have a defense who can carry them but offence seems off

9 hours ago, lyin' guy said:

Sorry, do you not remember what board your posting on? Fairly sure we know how quickly things change around these parts.

5 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Wasn't Lowes cut in camp and going back to this CIS? 

Not sure...

2. HEAD COUNT: ICYMI, the Bombers released eight players on Monday: Canadian linebacker Robbie Lowes, who injured his hamstring on the first weekend of camp, American O-lineman Dino Boyd and six defensive backs — Ranthony Texada, Sam Williams, Hakeem Bailey, Jhavonte Dean, Prince Robinson and Josh Allen.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2021/07/27/quick-hits-july-27-2021/

11 hours ago, lyin' guy said:

WHen went through "Swaggerville" Circa 2011.... Yeah, don't get too high- we undeerstand.

10 minutes ago, lyin' guy said:

Lol. Yes I guess you do. 

Best of luck this evening. I hope we give you a good game. 

Yup :)

I also witnessed a 0-5 lions team go off and win the GC too. 

Oddly- both happened in the same year. 

I am really looking forward to this game- it should be a gooder.

Good luck as well- may they give us one hell of a show, and finish without any major injuries.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy