Lions @ Stamps

11 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

He should have brought a younger more innovative guy to call the shots on defense.  Stubler is a dinosaur whose defenses have been defective over the last few years and I'd say he's done now.

I'm just not drinking this Arbuckle coolaid when just about any QB can throw prayers up like that and see WRs come down against awful positioned DBs.

They blew out the salary cap on Reilly and Chungh.

Chungh was a worse signing 

You're right about the D though 

Edited by Geebrr

5 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

Based on what? You’ve proven time and time again that you know very little about QB assessment. 

I don't say stupid **** like Arbuckle is the fifth best QB in the league based on two drives against a lazy BC defense that also blundered an onside kick.

Fifth best QB my ***.  Now what?  Should the Stamps already replace Bo Levi as starter now based on just two drives?

Man don't be saying stupid **** about my ability to assess QBs when you just said the dumbest thing ever here.  Has Arbuckle ever started and won a full game?  Has he ever started all 18 games in a season?

Until he does you should just STFU

8 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

I don't say stupid **** like Arbuckle is the fifth best QB in the league based on two drives against a lazy BC defense that also blundered an onside kick.

Fifth best QB my ***.  Now what?  Should the Stamps already replace Bo Levi as starter now based on just two drives?

Man don't be saying stupid **** about my ability to assess QBs when you just said the dumbest thing ever here.  Has Arbuckle ever started and won a full game?  Has he ever started all 18 games in a season?

Until he does you should just STFU

Keep talking. You’re really impressing everyone. 

1 hour ago, AKAChip said:

Arbuckle is legit. He will be a good starter in this league someday. He’s honestly probably already the fifth best QB in the league. 

Second year player who is the short yardage qb. He got hot for 2 series. You annoint him the fifth best qb in the league. Guess Walters is crazy not to trade Nichols for him.

3 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

He’s been great in preseason too. Look, the guy is good and there are a lot of known bad QBs in the league. You don’t need to be amazing to be better than Jennings, Franklin, Adams, Pipkin, Collaros etc

Wow, you're like the Energizer Bunny. You just keep on going.  And going. And going. 

42 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

He’s been great in preseason too. Look, the guy is good and there are a lot of known bad QBs in the league. You don’t need to be amazing to be better than Jennings, Franklin, Adams, Pipkin, Collaros etc

lots of shitty qbs had great preseasons too. The point is that a guy needs to throw more than 34 passes in real time to be ranked anywhere with any accuracy. 

49 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

How many 2nd string QB’s play 1 good game and some posters come on here lamenting why Walters didn’t sign the next great one. 

Then a year or two later they’re out of the league. 

Or even if they're not they're just unimpressive like Franklin.  And I never had anything against Franklin, but I told people not to be reaching so high on a guy who pretty much came out in the same manner Arbuckle did today because he had never really had to show he could operate the controls week in and week out and command the huddle like a pro.  We also seen Justin Goltz come out hot from the bench and throw those, Tanner Marsh do it, Jeff Matthews I believe may have done it once or twice, but yeah ... This is indeed true.

Plus id be willing to bet Mr chip was high on at least a couple of those QBs he just mentioned before they flopped.

Edited by USABomberfan

I remember Franklin being so highly regarded that multiple teams dripped loads of drool trying to figure out how to get him on their roster. There was even mention of putting his figure on some sort of currency, but it had been done already. 

Franklin May still break out and become a decent QB. He’s got some tools. Isbuckle better than him at this point, after just last night? 

Good one.

10 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Let's relax on Arbuckle being a starter 

Justin Goltz, Alex Brink, Drew Willy, Robert Marve, Joey Elliott.... do I keep going!?  all were thought to have potential to be the "next" guy....  one half does not earn you a starting spot (unless you were playing for the Als last season!)

The stumps must have a horseshoe from their galloping nag planted squarely up their arse....That game was in the bag for the leo's (at least that's what they thought) till that onside kick, that worked perfectly...with a lot of luck.......Give the stamps credit ...they never quit.....Fatty Arbuckle ....the next great one   lol

3 minutes ago, Stickem said:

The stumps must have a horseshoe from their galloping nag planted squarely up their arse....That game was in the bag for the leo's (at least that's what they thought) till that onside kick, that worked perfectly...with a lot of luck.......Give the stamps credit ...they never quit.....Fatty Arbuckle ....the next great one   lol

It’s pretty much what happened in the Bombers/Als game in 2017, although we were down by 13 with 58 seconds left I believe. Can’t remember who our QB was, obviously wasn’t Nichols cause from everything I’ve read he’s not a QB that can win games in those situations. Oh I remember, it was Arbuckle!

Congrats on the Lions for their 300+ passing yards last night! Second win of the season for them!