Lions @ Stamps

Well, a lot riding on this game and neither team would be in good shape losing.  Definitely feels like the road would be harder for BC though with all the expectations they had.  Certainly they did bounce back from 0-5 in 2011, but that's a rare accomplishment and with a rookie HC, probably not something they're cut out to do.

It's looking a little better for Calgary though because they did intercept Dom Davis 4x their last game, and Reilly has also been throwing a ton of INTs this year.  Calgary's key to winning is simply capitalizing off those turnovers.

For BC, well you can't just keep going with this 1D offensive attack.  Coaches need to get together, get the run game going and tell Reilly he doesn't need to do it all himself all the time.  Mix up those shorter passes and draws and take the heat off him.

Anyway, I got Calgary by 14 in this one.

Something about Calgary didn't look right in week 1 and I don't think the week 2 bye is a good thing. BC has made some changes on offence and defence and they are pissed off. Also, it is Devone Claybrooks' return to Calgary. Surely he has something special planned for Dave Dickenson. I went for a barefoot walk in the woods and the forest spirit told me BC wins after getting out to a hot start and holding Calgary long enough to get the win.

31-26 Lions.

36 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Something about Calgary didn't look right in week 1 and I don't think the week 2 bye is a good thing. BC has made some changes on offence and defence and they are pissed off. Also, it is Devone Claybrooks' return to Calgary. Surely he has something special planned for Dave Dickenson. I went for a barefoot walk in the woods and the forest spirit told me BC wins after getting out to a hot start and holding Calgary long enough to get the win.

31-26 Lions.

What changes? Do they involve a better OL all the sudden?  More balance in the run game and short passes?  If not, it's going to be a long one.

The Stamps started 13 drives in their own end in Wk #1 and did not score; they started 2 in Ottawa's end - both were TD drives.

BC is last in Offence to Wk #2 generating just 235 yards and 47.5 plays per game while allowing 378 on 60.0 plays per game. Yes, that’s B.C.’s offence, not Winnipeg’s..

Calgary has not lost their first two home games of any season since 2011 when they lost narrowly by margins of 2 & 5 points. - The Stamps come off a bye this week and they are 11-1 since 2012 when so doing.

But, 

In Week #1, the Stamps started only 12 of the 24 players who were in their 2018 Grey Cup starting lineup.

And,

Mike Reilly is 4-10 in his 14 career starts vs Calgary.

But,

All were with Edmonton.

It’d be real hard to see B.C. pulling this game out...

(CFL.ca game notes)

I think it might be kind of a close sloppy game.  If BLM continues to miss some of those throws like he has, BC will stay in it.

But like I said, Reilly's been making bad decisions with the ball himself and I don't think he can afford to do that here.  0-3 is tough sledding.

1 minute ago, USABomberfan said:

I just hope BC didn't suddenly lose their MO though on that drive by the Stamps.  Wouldn't be the first time they had a lead this year and blew it.

Their biggest lead in the first few games was 8 points and that was in the first quarter against Edmonton so yes it pretty much would be the first time.