Rate Ritchie Hall's Defense

BigBlue

Bomber's Defemse  

66 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate Hall's defense, all things considered?

• Championship caliber
    • Above league average
    • Good with serious flaws
    • League average
    • Not awful but needing certain key changes
    • Below league average
    • Poor
    • None of the above

4 minutes ago, do or die said:

Not sure if it is what we do......or not do, in these situations

My experience and observation tells me that a team's play, especially under pressure, reflects the coaching. If the team panics and crumbles under pressure, it's likely the coaching panics and crumbles under pressure. What's really disappointing is that it still happens after 5 years.

14 minutes ago, J5V said:

My experience and observation tells me that a team's play, especially under pressure, reflects the coaching. If the team panics and crumbles under pressure, it's likely the coaching panics and crumbles under pressure. What's really disappointing is that it still happens after 5 years.

So The Calgary coaching staff must be the worst in the league than.

5 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

So The Calgary coaching staff must be the worst in the league than.

I haven't noticed their D collapsing with the regularity of ours. Please explain.

30 minutes ago, J5V said:

I haven't noticed their D collapsing with the regularity of ours. Please explain.

7 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

The last two Grey Cups they have collapsed

Grey Cups? You're criticizing the #1 ranked team that plays in Grey Cups? Wow. Bit of a reach, even for you, but let's take a look ... 

2017: Calgary's D allowed 0, 8, 8, and 11 points.

2016: Calgary's D allowed 10, 10, 7, 6 points.

No, I wouldn't blame Calgary's D for either loss. It's not like they were up 17-0 and lost. That would be us. Or like last night blowing a 15 point lead in 4 minutes. Richie Hall's D has been blowing games late for us for years now. Deny that if you want, but it's true.

Calgary's problem is they lack character. When the going gets tough they turtle. In big games like the playoffs & Grey Cup. It's easy to blow teams away when the bounces go their way but when these teams that are supposed to lose fight back then they can't handle it as they freeze up. The entire team panics. 

1 hour ago, J5V said:

Richie Hall's D has been blowing games late for us for years now.

The biggest problem is that whenever we find something that's working like we did last week in Edmonton, we seemingly never build on it.  Hall goes back to calling that same back the corners off junky zone prevent defense he was calling before that allows QBs like Harris and Masoli to pick it apart.

But the reason the angry anti-Hall mob is still in full force is because he stinks it up year after year in the playoffs.  Mike O'Shea is 0-2 in the playoffs because he has allowed Hall to call garbage games in them and blow leads like he did last night that end up requiring Medlock to kick 61 yard FGs to try and take back.  The playoff games are the biggest and most important games of the season, and coaches who stink in them usually get fired on other teams, but this loyalty problem we have has prevented that.

Nobody is going to be appeased this year if anything short of a Grey Cup win happens.

1 hour ago, USABomberfan said:

The biggest problem is that whenever we find something that's working like we did last week in Edmonton, we seemingly never build on it.  Hall goes back to calling that same back the corners off junky zone prevent defense he was calling before that allows QBs like Harris and Masoli to pick it apart.

But the reason the angry anti-Hall mob is still in full force is because he stinks it up year after year in the playoffs.  Mike O'Shea is 0-2 in the playoffs because he has allowed Hall to call garbage games in them and blow leads like he did last night that end up requiring Medlock to kick 61 yard FGs to try and take back.  The playoff games are the biggest and most important games of the season, and coaches who stink in them usually get fired on other teams, but this loyalty problem we have has prevented that.

Nobody is going to be appeased this year if anything short of a Grey Cup win happens.

You forgot to mention irrational hatred combined with agenda.  Pretty hard to overcome that.

9 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Stamps forum is that way --->

Sorry Dude - but no matter what slant you try and put on things - IMHO Richie Hall needs to exit stage right after this year. And sorry yet again but the Calgary Stamps organization is something the Bomber organization should try and aspire to. They are the top organization in the CFL as of today - Nice try though!

On 2018-10-05 at 11:29 PM, do or die said:

Far too many "implosions" late under Hall....

I guess what drives me nuts is not staying with a D scheme that is working regardless of score.

We came at them hard and often and it was working. Suddenly we felt we needed to play more conservative because of the score which was exactly what the RB offense needed to open up.

2 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I guess what drives me nuts is not staying with a D scheme that is working regardless of score.

We came at them hard and often and it was working. Suddenly we felt we needed to play more conservative because of the score which was exactly what the RB offense needed to open up.

Coming at them hard continually - could have left Powell open in the flats for big gains. Just saying - it may not be that black and white. 

2 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Coming at them hard continually - could have left Powell open in the flats for big gains. Just saying - it may not be that black and white. 

True, may have. Pick your poison I guess. But the scheme we were using was working. Then we went away from it and their offense opened up. Not a coincidence. Live and die by the sword. We would have lived.

18 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

If we had Sam Hurl in there I'd agree but not going at them hard allowed them to score 15 points in 4 minutes. It looks like a classic case of overthinking and beating yourself. We do the same thing on offense. We should just stay with what is working until and if they take it away, then make an adjustment. How many times have we seen this movie?