Rate Ritchie Hall's Defense

BigBlue

Bomber's Defemse  

66 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate Hall's defense, all things considered?

• Championship caliber
    • Above league average
    • Good with serious flaws
    • League average
    • Not awful but needing certain key changes
    • Below league average
    • Poor
    • None of the above

27 minutes ago, Tracker said:

What may be compounding O'Shea's reluctance to dump Hall is that Hall has been rumoured to have or have had  serious health problems and firing him would certainly put Hall in a difficult situation.

He'd still get paid his contract.  Im sure the stress could be a factor but being the DC when everyone wants you fired is probably not the most stress-free position.

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

He'd still get paid his contract.  I'm sure the stress could be a factor but being the DC when everyone wants you fired is probably not the most stress-free position.

Yes, he would be paid out, but what then? If he returns to the US of A, he would be in real trouble with health care costs.

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, ALuCsRED said:

I can’t believe they gave up 3 points to Edmonton yesterday.  And to boot, the defence only scored 1 TD on Fogg’s pick 6.

if the offense did not take the field at all, we STILL would have won based only on defense. This team is soo bi polar. If we get the best of the offense weve seen this year and the best of the defense, we will roll through every one 100-0. 

11 hours ago, DR. CFL said:

Defence sucks it’s Hall’s fault....defence plays well Hall had nothing to do with it.....?  Seriously.....the haters will always hate.

When after multiple years of seeing one thing, there is a sudden change. It makes me suspicious that Hall just figured it out.

The scheme we ran against Edmonton is something that would be successful game in and game out, and get better as the defense settles into it too...why it wasn't done much if at all prior to this is somewhat baffling considering the results, as the main premise of it is not something new and exotic, nor unfamiliar in style to this league...very weird...and If they revert back to the "old" style they were using next game...something is really wrong.

Also too...the emergence of Sayles as actually being really good (was not sold on him originally) as well as Alexander really settling in and becoming a presence might possibly be allowing us to play this style more now...if things are gelling and coming together ...finally now and the defense is peaking....it's the perfect time for it to happen with playoffs coming right up and possible jockying for position in final standings

37 minutes ago, Booch said:

The scheme we ran against Edmonton is something that would be successful game in and game out, and get better as the defense settles into it too...why it wasn't done much if at all prior to this is somewhat baffling considering the results, as the main premise of it is not something new and exotic, nor unfamiliar in style to this league...very weird...and If they revert back to the "old" style they were using next game...something is really wrong.

I said the same thing to my buddy when watching the game, "where was this all year?" .   I was listening to TSN 1290 on the way to work, and Westwood brought up an interesting point.   The defence has only allowed 1 offensive TD in the last 3 games.  NOw it's a bit misleading considering we played Sask and Montreal before hand, but to do it against Reilly, perhaps there is something brewing here.   All that being said, I don't believe, nor do I hope, this is enough to save Richie Hall's job.   At any rate, I'm glad we are tied with the Schmoes and the Leos and actually are in a much better position to get into the post season.

48 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

I said the same thing to my buddy when watching the game, "where was this all year?" .   I was listening to TSN 1290 on the way to work, and Westwood brought up an interesting point.   The defence has only allowed 1 offensive TD in the last 3 games.  NOw it's a bit misleading considering we played Sask and Montreal before hand, but to do it against Reilly, perhaps there is something brewing here.   All that being said, I don't believe, nor do I hope, this is enough to save Richie Hall's job.   At any rate, I'm glad we are tied with the Schmoes and the Leos and actually are in a much better position to get into the post season.

I'm with you on hoping that this resurgence of the D doesn't give the team a false sense of where we're at overall. Hate being a Debbie Downer, but, overall, the team has been pretty mediocre for five seasons. Kudos to the D for playing great against Edmonton, but if we go one and done in the playoffs (if we make it), my biggest fear is management rides with the exact same coaching staff, scheme, starting QB, import WR's next season thinking we're trending upwards. We're not in the big picture.