Rate Ritchie Hall's Defense

BigBlue

Bomber's Defemse  

66 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate Hall's defense, all things considered?

• Championship caliber
    • Above league average
    • Good with serious flaws
    • League average
    • Not awful but needing certain key changes
    • Below league average
    • Poor
    • None of the above

38 minutes ago, J5V said:

If we had Sam Hurl in there I'd agree but not going at them hard allowed them to score 15 points in 4 minutes. It looks like a classic case of overthinking and beating yourself. We do the same thing on offense. We should just stay with what is working until and if they take it away, then make an adjustment. How many times have we seen this movie?

Partially - but there were certainly other variables at play. 

2 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Fogg stumbled and went down. No OPI, just bad luck. We got that back when their DB ran into the goalpost in OT which gave us a good luck TD.

Sorry, I disagree. There is nothing lucky about this TD. Dressler backed him off, froze him beside the goalpost with a stutter-step, and then broke it wide. Dressler used the goalpost masterfully. 

Dressler.gif

30 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Lol the dressler Td was luck? I've read some interesting opinions on here over the past year....that one is the dumbest.

I think what he meant was it's lucky Dressler is so smart and talented to be able to use the field like that. 🙂

7 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

Sure it is. Every receiver should have it in their repertoire and every DB should know where they are on the field.

If the db avoids the post by being shallow dressler can go deep on him. Just a guy using the field to his advantage 

I'll bet that Dressler uses that tactic every time he gets a chance, because it's a good tactic. I'll bet that every inside receiver does too. Heck, we had plays designed like that in high school football back in the '70's. Once, maybe twice a season, league wide, the DB runs into the post. If you don't see the element of luck in it, I can't change your mind.

15 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

I suppose you could say there’s an element of luck that the Bombers weren’t playing Montreal in Montreal and the pass didn’t hit one of their gullls that are flying around.

Thats pretty lucky..

Cuz that's exactly the same thing. All QB's are trying to hit the gulls. Once or twice a season they do. {Insert eye roll meme here}

On 2018-10-07 at 9:33 AM, BBRT said:

Sorry Dude - but no matter what slant you try and put on things - IMHO Richie Hall needs to exit stage right after this year. And sorry yet again but the Calgary Stamps organization is something the Bomber organization should try and aspire to. They are the top organization in the CFL as of today - Nice try though!

I would definitely take Claybrooks over Hall any day of the week, and anyone who wouldn't is just plain old obtuse with loyalty like our head coach.