The Rematch: Toronto back here Friday

BigBlue

What is Marc Trestman to do? He can't stand pat or it will be worse than the last game ...

Does he study the Wpg- Hanny game film ... come up with his own version of double tight end formations?

Can he fire up Wilder and make him the primary on 20+ plays? Or does he find a special passing package.

Can he blitz us to death?

Does he bring in QB Bethel Thompson if Franklin doesn't get it done in the first quarter?

It seems on straight smash mouth football we win ... so what is Trestman going to scheme to beat us?

We are not good   at half-time adjustments so how good are we at between game adjustments?

There is a reason back to back sweeps are really difficult ... so what should MOS's strategy be for this upcoming Toronto game?

Very hard to win back to back however i think we have a great chance to do so as long as we do not shoot ourselves in the foot etc. Just need to play error free ball and hopefully our defense can play at the level they did in Toronto.

6 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

Never underestimate the genius of mark trestman. 

Honestly he's a good coach but not a miracle worker.  What has been the common trend to his success?  A good qb.  Anthony Calvillo and Ricky Ray.  That said, this is the CFL and if you don't come to play you can get beat.

Hope the Bombers can limit the penalties even more than they have and not give Toronna any momentum like they did with one or two of their offensive drives last week. With Lemon now out of their D, that I would hope will provide a tiny bit more of an advantage for Nichols and the Bomber offence to make a couple more plays to keep the drives alive and score the big points and keep the Bomber D off the field and fresh. Ball security is paramount as well although you can't stop the opposing D from making a few good plays like they did last week.  

Darrin Bauming @DarrinBauming 49m49 minutes ago

Kenbrell Thompkins is with the first-team in the vacated spot left by Adarius Bowman — at least in the early going here today. #Bombers

The good news; Chris Randle is practicing today after missing last week. The bad news; Chandler Fenner is not — missed last two games — and more #Bombers DBs are banged-up as Brendan Morgan and Jeff Hecht are non-participants.

2 hours ago, BomberBall said:

Darrin Bauming @DarrinBauming 49m49 minutes ago

Kenbrell Thompkins is with the first-team in the vacated spot left by Adarius Bowman — at least in the early going here today. #Bombers

The good news; Chris Randle is practicing today after missing last week. The bad news; Chandler Fenner is not — missed last two games — and more #Bombers DBs are banged-up as Brendan Morgan and Jeff Hecht are non-participants.

I have high hopes for Thompkins. He cannot be less productive than Bowman.

16 minutes ago, Tracker said:

I have high hopes for Thompkins. He cannot be less productive than Bowman.

I was kind of hoping to get a look at Washington, but I understand why they're going with Tompkins.  As long as it's not Lankford!

And yeah, he couldn't do much less than Bowman did....   Tompkins could actually surpass what Bowman did in 1 game.

Hard to say, but there was nothing in the Argo play the other day that would make  you think they can beat the Bombers this time round.

Franklin didn't look very good at all, and their defence was shredded by Wpg.

I thought their secondary looked pretty good the game before that one, specially no 3. 

Coach Trestman  might want to look at the Wpg / Hamilton game to see what Hamilton did, and just copy it.

Can't be that hard, and it couldn't be any worse than whatever it was  the Argos  tried the other day against the Bombers. 

I guess we'll see if Wilder can get anything going. Might see Bethel Thompson if Franklin plays poorly again.

Edited by Mark F

8 minutes ago, ddanger said:

There seems to be two major paths to success in the CFL.....QB play, and the battle of the trenches. We easily won both of those last week, and I see no reason why we won't again. 

#1 reason why I have such a good feeling about this team. Our OL can go up against anyone and i like their odds and the front 7 on this team is a real good group too on D. Just a matter of not giving up the freebie throws like they did in Hamilton and they got a chance to beat anyone. 

O-line is key for a teams success...and we have the best in the league...bar none and the stats validate it. 

How many sacks have they given up this year....curious about that number, and if Goosen didn't fall on his own last game it would have been 3 straight games without a sack I believe...correct me if I am wrong

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

O-line is key for a teams success...and we have the best in the league...bar none and the stats validate it. 

How many sacks have they given up this year....curious about that number, and if Goosen didn't fall on his own last game it would have been 3 straight games without a sack I believe...correct me if I am wrong

SACKS ALLOWED

EDMONTON ESKIMOS 4

Calgary Stampeders 6

Winnipeg Blue Bombers 7

Saskatchewan Roughriders 9

Ottawa Redblacks 9

Hamilton Tiger-Cats 10

Toronto Argonauts 11

BC Lions 12

Montreal Alouettes 17

not bad considering we have played more games than everyone else and the first few were with a raw rookie who took some sacks where a vet most likely wouldn't have...the rushing yards tho and qb pressures is the more telling tale tho of how good an o-line is, sacks don't reflect o-line play per say

And any team at the pro level who are averaging over 170 yards a game along the ground obviously has a strong o-line

4 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

SACKS ALLOWED

EDMONTON ESKIMOS 4

Calgary Stampeders 6

Winnipeg Blue Bombers 7

Saskatchewan Roughriders 9

Ottawa Redblacks 9

Hamilton Tiger-Cats 10

Toronto Argonauts 11

BC Lions 12

Montreal Alouettes 17

Pretty damn good considering we've played 1 extra game then most other teams!