Als About To Drop Willy & Matthews? Manziel Now An Al

11 hours ago, wbbfan said:

his first move off the snap is insane. Ni or imp that dude explodes. 

dont care got paid. 

This happens far too frequently now. Just gonna be a thing when you have multiple people involved and social media.  doesnt make it less stinky though. 

Remember when MOS drove to Drew Willy's house to tell him in-person? Would have been hard to do with all the media folks swarming this one on Twitter, but they could have at least phoned him.

28 minutes ago, nate007 said:

Remember when MOS drove to Drew Willy's house to tell him in-person? Would have been hard to do with all the media folks swarming this one on Twitter, but they could have at least phoned him.

And this is why it has been much easier to attract free agents for our team over the last few seasons.

12 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Just watched the Johhny Manziel interview. I am having trouble reconciling the articulate, respectful guy I saw in the interview with the entitled, hard partying, domestic abuser that I've read about in the past.

Curious to see how this plays out.

That has been his demeanor ever since he's been in Canada... is he putting on a show to get back to the NFL? Maybe... or maybe he has just matured and realized what an opportunity he has in front of him...

34 minutes ago, bearpants said:

That has been his demeanor ever since he's been in Canada... is he putting on a show to get back to the NFL? Maybe... or maybe he has just matured and realized what an opportunity he has in front of him...

He has been diagnosed as bipolar and is getting treatment.

10 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Prepare to feel bad again...

While that is really too bad, remember that the Bombers didn't trade him because he was just too good.  They traded him because his play had made him expendable.  People have complained about O'Shea's loyalty to players.  Well, this is what "produce or else" looks like.  Now , having said that, please O'Shea, don't start Langford...

He hinted toward starting Lankford on the coaches show last night. He mentioned others but said a little more about Lankford and also mentioned that he has return capabilities as well. Although he did mention it would be a tryout this week in practice. He also said that starting another Canadian receiver is not being considered so that leaves, Lankford, Washington or Thompins in the open tryouts this week in my opinion.   

3 hours ago, Firekid said:

He hinted toward starting Lankford on the coaches show last night. He mentioned others but said a little more about Lankford and also mentioned that he has return capabilities as well. Although he did mention it would be a tryout this week in practice. He also said that starting another Canadian receiver is not being considered so that leaves, Lankford, Washington or Thompkins in the open tryouts this week in my opinion.   

Please, God, not Lankford again. He is almost as deserving of a road map and apple as Bowman.

2 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I guess Bowman must be gone.  Haters got woodies for Lankford again, nudging Loffler gently aside, on deck Gaitor.

Yes. With Bowman gone I had wondered who the next object of hate on this forum would be...for now it looks like Lankford...but since he likely won't see the field it will be someone else. (Some love to hate, put down others constantly; it takes the focus off of our own deficiencies).

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

I think the hate will shift to the defense and Loffler will get more hate as the season progresses.

Not from me- Every time I get pissed at his play during a game, I recall the hit he laid on the manny show and he is forgiven... 

GiantDismalIncatern-size_restricted.gif

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

4 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I guess Bowman must be gone.  Haters got woodies for Lankford again, nudging Loffler gently aside, on deck Gaitor.

Wouldn't It be interesting to hear the actual , no B.S. explanations and reasons why players are kept, or released, or played, not played, traded etc.

10 hours ago, Mark F said:

He has been diagnosed as bipolar and is getting treatment.

I rather suspect that being diagnosed as bi-polar is an easy excuse for him. He or his agent can say that he has had a formal diagnosis and no doctor will step forward and say that it is baloney. His affect certainly does not support his supposed diagnosis.

4 hours ago, blueingreenland said:

Yes. With Bowman gone I had wondered who the next object of hate on this forum would be...for now it looks like Lankford...but since he likely won't see the field it will be someone else. (Some love to hate, put down others constantly; it takes the focus off of our own deficiencies).

be patient... it'll be back to Richie Hall by mid August!

30 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Wouldn't It be interesting to hear the actual , no B.S. explanations and reasons why players are kept, or released, or played, not played, traded etc.

interesting yes, although in the CFL I don't necessarily want to hear. If it's the NHL/NBA/MLB/NFL then sure, even if it make them look bad, they're getting paid well enough to deal with the publicity stuff.   In the CFL I think they deserve a bit more of their privacy. If I get fired from my job, the reason is between me and my company, and I make more than some CFL players. So I'm ok with respecting players privacy.

The CFL doesn't have Sportsnet or TSN trying to uncover every stone about the league along with rumours & innuendos (mostly Leafs stuff) with their knw it all experts panels. I mean here in Calgary we have  Sportsnet The Fan 960 who will send their on air staff out to breathlessly cover live the Flames Alumni golf tournament all day. The CFL doesn't get that kind of coverage. 

4 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The CFL doesn't have Sportsnet or TSN trying to uncover every stone about the league along with rumours & innuendos (mostly Leafs stuff) with their knw it all experts panels. I mean here in Calgary we have  Sportsnet The Fan 960 who will send their on air staff out to breathlessly cover live the Flames Alumni golf tournament all day. The CFL doesn't get that kind of coverage. 

Recently we've had more CFL coverage since the Manziel trade and the odd Bombers segment but aside from the daily couple segments on TSN 1290 we get to hear a week of Westwood talk about Trouba arbitration in July.

Edited by Gotmilt